Prince dies at 57

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
One of the theatres decided to show Purple Rain tonight at 7 pm...sold out almost immediately so they decided to add a 10 pm and a Midnight show. Several other theatres around town are also showing it too.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
A twist: Prince might have been a casualty of a counterfeit pill problem sweeping the nation

During a search of Prince痴 Minnesota estate after his death in April, authorities found an Aleve bottle filled with two dozen pills. The pills tested positive for fentanyl, a drug that can be up to 100 times as powerful as morphine. But they weren稚 labeled as such: The Associated Press reports that the pills were marked 展atson 385. That痴 a label found on a generic painkiller that contains acetaminophen and hydrocodone the ingredients of many commonly prescribed painkillers, including Vicodin.

So, on the surface, the pills looked to be standard painkillers for moderate to severe pain. In reality, they contained a drug so powerful that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention calls it a é￾￾hreat to public health and safety.ç´￾/QUOTE]

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Sounds more likely that he was hiding his fentanyl in an Aleve bottle. That stuff is easy to OD on.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Sounds more likely that he was hiding his fentanyl in an Aleve bottle. That stuff is easy to OD on.

That's exactly what I thought when I saw this on the news yesterday. Seems to me he had a pretty serious problem, so he probably tried to hide his addiction around friends and family as much as possible. That's why he would put the pills in vitamin bottles and aleve bottles. Too bad he couldn't just man up and own his problem and try to get the help he obviously needed. I'm still pretty bummed out I never saw him live. So many chances to, just never did.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
That's exactly what I thought when I saw this on the news yesterday. Seems to me he had a pretty serious problem, so he probably tried to hide his addiction around friends and family as much as possible. That's why he would put the pills in vitamin bottles and aleve bottles. Too bad he couldn't just man up and own his problem and try to get the help he obviously needed. I'm still pretty bummed out I never saw him live. So many chances to, just never did.

Yeah, and if it were Fentanyl, he'd likely be snorting it. I'm sure addicts find ways to hide their habits, but you'd think being around producers and coordinators all day, someone would have noticed him crushing the pills or snorting the powder...

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
When this thread got bumped, I got scared Prince maybe died again. That would be almost too much to take.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

His problem was that he needed double hip replacement, but the stupid ass cult he was in (Jehova's Witness) doesn't allow you to get blood transfusions. So he took to eating painkillers instead.

His religion literally killed him. :crying: