Prices on Cuban cigars to drop!

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
what cost?

a new place to vacation? classic car rentals?

Xavier

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
20 Year Member
Could swear Clinton swore this was going to happen in the late 90's, somebody somewhere must've said not while Castro is still around.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Can't wait to book my tickets to Cuba.

Seriously though, Castro is a fossil and the Soviet Union is dead. The money from Cigar exports alone is going to help poor Cuba immensely, not to mention tourism dollars.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
classic car rentals?

i-see-what-you-did-there-spiderman-.jpg

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Well I live right on the border in Texas and they sell Cuban cigars there pretty cheap. They're the real deal and you get in deep shit if you're caught bringing them back over the bridge. Not a big cigar guy though, used to smoke cigarettes but quit years ago.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Great news and long overdue! Marco Rubio almost started to cry, lol!

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Well, I'll believe it when I see it but I am looking forward to the possibility of yellowing my teeth with some proper Cuban Cohibas.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
No shit. Time to sell any cuban cigars you are hording. Cigar smugglers across this country are probably in a panic. (Tonk?)

We have very little to gain from Cuba, but we can try to export all our goods like McD's and Fried Chicken.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Well, I'll believe it when I see it but I am looking forward to the possibility of yellowing my teeth with some proper Cuban Cohibas.

Ha, next time you're over I'll give you one. Happy New Yrs to you. ;)

Sites like puroexpress.com are essentially dead if/when this goes down.

Pasky

Ha, next time you're over I'll give you one. Happy New Yrs to you. ;)

Sites like puroexpress.com are essentially dead if/when this goes down.

So now I'm curious. How are they bypassing the embargo?

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
So now I'm curious. How are they bypassing the embargo?

They are based in Switzerland. They buy their stock from Cuba, and anything you order on the site is Expressed from Switzerland.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
TBH, there are plenty of excellent cigar choices from Nicaragua, The Dominican Republic and other places that are comparable to Cubans but it'll be great to have legit access to them if/when it happens.

Xavier

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
20 Year Member
Great news and long overdue! Marco Rubio almost started to cry, lol!

I figured out when I saw the headline that that's who ended normalization last time. (Cuban Americans)

Pasky

Ah, so if the package is spotted it is destroyed? They sell authentic Cuban cigars here across the river, but if you're caught bringing them over you face a gigantic fine and possibly jail time. A lot of clients I deal with go across and smoke them there during business meeting but usually don't dare to bring any back over.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Ah, so if the package is spotted it is destroyed? They sell authentic Cuban cigars here across the river, but if you're caught bringing them over you face a gigantic fine and possibly jail time. A lot of clients I deal with go across and smoke them there during business meeting but usually don't dare to bring any back over.

The few orders I've placed, there hasn't been an issue. Even their smallest packages are shipped in an inconspicuous white box with ton of padding and temporary humidity packs. I don't recall what the customs form says, but it's not like they write "CUBAN CIGARS PLZ DON'T OPEN KTHX" on it or anything. ;)

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
The few orders I've placed, there hasn't been an issue. Even their smallest packages are shipped in an inconspicuous white box with ton of padding and temporary humidity packs. I don't recall what the customs form says, but it's not like they write "CUBAN CIGARS PLZ DON'T OPEN KTHX" on it or anything. ;)

Yeah, US customs is pretty lax unless given an obvious reason to inspect.

Pasky

Ya I assumed so, but I figured they would at least know who would be exporting/importing these things. I would think that company would be on their radar. I was actually more curious if there was some sort of loophole they were using to bypass the embargo.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
I was actually more curious if there was some sort of loophole they were using to bypass the embargo.

I think the Cuba-to-Switzerland-to-USA thing is the loophole. As far as US customs can tell, it's a Swiss good/item and a normal looking box and like Wyo mentioned, it probably doesn't draw any attention from US customs. They have a pretty good policy about if your stuff doesn't arrive, they'll ship out your order again, no questions asked.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
All I know is that Cuban Romeo Julieta's are awesome.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Might get flamed, but i smoked a bunch of cigars this summer and found the DR cigars to be better than Cubans. Cohiba and Romeo Y Julieta are delicious, but the Dominicans had a better hold and just tasted better.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Could swear Clinton swore this was going to happen in the late 90's, somebody somewhere must've said not while Castro is still around.

I think we've hard normalized relations with Vietnam for like 20 years...

Anyway, this is great news.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
TBH, there are plenty of excellent cigar choices from Nicaragua, The Dominican Republic and other places that are comparable to Cubans but it'll be great to have legit access to them if/when it happens.

This right here, I'm a big cigar guy and I gotta say I have had cigars from the Dominican republic that are every bit as good as a cuban. I will say this though the Cubans that I have had all burned perfectly and the smell is like nothing else

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
That's "Romeo y Julieta" there, Mr. Cigar Aficionado.

I used to work at a humidor like 10 years ago. I used to love Hoyo De Monterrey Dark Sumatra but cant find them anywhere. Do you like cigars? It's become a occasional thing for me these days. Any good ones you can recommend?