Premier ride

drombat

Galford's Armourer
I spent my lunch fixing the final few things on my bicycle. Stuff like cleaning drive train and adjusting brakes. Then later it was finally time for the first ride of the year. Me and my trusty Trek flew through the Swedish woodland, plowed through mud and just generally ripped up the trails.

I met a fox, and I saw a big wood pecker, some bear droppings and plenty of elk tracks. Sun was shining and the forest was starting to wake up from it's winter sleep. Awesome.

Anyone else like to bike around in the woods?

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Yeah, but isn't it bad for both your bike and the trails to ride your bike through the mud?

drombat

Galford's Armourer
Tung Fu ru said:
Yeah, but isn't it bad for both your bike and the trails to ride your bike through the mud?

Not necessarily bad for the trail. It depends on a lot of factors; location, soil characteristics, amount of roots and so forth. I can see where you're coming from, though. On public trails that get ridden several times a day it would be bad to ride through the mud.

The trails that I ride are for me and my friends only, so they do not get over ridden. And we like to ride whatever the trail throw at us. Muddy pools, fallen trees and what not. We have ridden them for years, and we see no degradation of the trails due to our riding.

Bad for the bike? I give good clean.

N2x

Chin's Bartender
drombat said:
I spent my lunch fixing the final few things on my bicycle. Stuff like cleaning drive train and adjusting brakes. Then later it was finally time for the first ride of the year. Me and my trusty Trek flew through the Swedish woodland, plowed through mud and just generally ripped up the trails.

I met a fox, and I saw a big wood pecker, some bear droppings and plenty of elk tracks. Sun was shining and the forest was starting to wake up from it's winter sleep. Awesome.

Anyone else like to bike around in the woods?

You can't win with personality only!