Premier league 2012 - 2013

Naika

Street Hoop Star
The title race is wide open again with Arsenal just two points clear at the top with Liverpool and Chelsea 2nd and 3rd place respectively, Then we have Chelsea at home on the 23rd of December and is now looking even more likely we will not win the title let alone the Champions League.

Man City absolutely demolished us yesterday but that is no surprise as they are formidable at the etihad, I would even agree with Carlo Ancelotti in saying Man City are dark horses in winning the Champions League this year.

So wide open now. Regardless, I gotta believe. We're still not out of the woods yet. COYG!!!!

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
I was at the match with my Dad and Granddad. None of us could believe it. Only a few seasons ago Arsenal were beating us 4-0 every time. The way Zabaleta went up to Pants after big saves shows that our team are still in the mindset of the underdog.

I think it will be Arsenal City and Liverpool up there when it gets tight. Not really seen enough of Chelsea.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I was at the match with my Dad and Granddad. None of us could believe it. Only a few seasons ago Arsenal were beating us 4-0 every time. The way Zabaleta went up to Pants after big saves shows that our team are still in the mindset of the underdog.

I think it will be Arsenal City and Liverpool up there when it gets tight. Not really seen enough of Chelsea.

Lucky you. My cousin was raving about how that was the best display of football he's seen this season. I thought it was your normal run of the mill Man City home game.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
The results at Tottenham of late made the choice to sack AVB an easy one, having said that he spent over £100m on players and still could not get the best out of them, just goes to show that Tottenham were a one man team with Gareth Bale.

Glenn Hoddle to be the next manager of Tottenham for me.

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
In big news: Mansfield got beat by Oldham 4-1.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The results at Tottenham of late made the choice to sack AVB an easy one, having said that he spent over £100m on players and still could not get the best out of them, just goes to show that Tottenham were a one man team with Gareth Bale.

Glenn Hoddle to be the next manager of Tottenham for me.

I had to happen, but AVB is the best real manager the club has had in a while. Unlike Harry who was going to run the club into administration, AVB put the club in a position to make money.

They didn't get the right results. They played risky. Is it better to lose by a lot or a little? Losses are losses. When he starts losing, he puts his foot on the gas. Sometimes this wins games. Closing into a shell and parking the bus after being down a few goals doesn't create more chances for anyone. AVB was risky. The risks didn't pan out this season.

Anyhow, more misery for Tottenham can be expected. Hopefully Lamela can go to a better team. I was sad to see him leave Roma.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Funny that you mention Harry Redknapp, look what happened to Portsmouth after he won the FA Cup with them and left?

The team went into administration, coincidence?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Funny that you mention Harry Redknapp, look what happened to Portsmouth after he won the FA Cup with them and left?

The team went into administration, coincidence?

Not a coincidence. The guy knows how to buy things he cannot afford. Proven track record.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Your right, nearly every team he has managed have gone into administration, you can also put Southampton on the list of clubs he has done that to.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I think the Saints are the best club for England right now. They have produced great youth players, and right now they are doing great things with their owner's money.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
watching Chelsea play with so many 3rd rate Brazilian hacks is funny. These guys don't even deserve to play for the selecao. As worthless as their blue shirts.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Poor game tonight, but we should have had a penalty just before half time and Mikel should have been given a red card for his nasty challenge on Arteta.

It seems the referee was a secret Chelsea fan as for his biased decisions which ultimately dropped us two points at home.

Arsene Wenger seriously needs to get himself another striker in January as the jury is still out on Giroud as he should have buried that chance in the 2nd half .

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Poor game tonight, but we should have had a penalty just before half time and Mikel should have been given a red card for his nasty challenge on Arteta.

It seems the referee was a secret Chelsea fan as for his biased decisions which ultimately dropped us two points at home.

Arsene Wenger seriously needs to get himself another striker in January as the jury is still out on Giroud as he should have buried that chance in the 2nd half .

Arsenal has been heavily linked with strikers. But none of them are big names.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
So they have to sign a big name striker? That worked out well for Chelsea.

Have to agree Xander. The words "proven" and "big name" are tossed around way too much in football these days. But for all the money that gets tossed around with Chelsea these days, I'm just appalled by them playing negative 10 man defense.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
So they have to sign a big name striker? That worked out well for Chelsea.

I know Shevchenko, and Torres off the top of my head have been proven strikers at different clubs but been complete flops at Chelsea.

Wenger made a huge mistake in not buying Suarez and surely he understands Giroud and Podolski are not 20 goals a season strikers, they are not prolific enough and don't have the conviction in front of goal.

That chance Giroud missed yesterday in the 2nd half Suarez would have scored.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Excellent result today away from Newcastle, I was expecting us to get beat today but we held on for the victory.

At least we will be top of the league until the the start of the new year then it should be an easy home win against Cardiff.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I know Shevchenko, and Torres off the top of my head have been proven strikers at different clubs but been complete flops at Chelsea.

Wenger made a huge mistake in not buying Suarez and surely he understands Giroud and Podolski are not 20 goals a season strikers, they are not prolific enough and don't have the conviction in front of goal.

That chance Giroud missed yesterday in the 2nd half Suarez would have scored.

I don't think Suarez was ever really an option. Yes, everyone has their price, but close your eyes, and imagine Suarez's pricetag, and you're probably still off.