Precious metal

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Anyone here buy precious metal?

Was thinking of starting up & buying some Gold. Any tips on what to buy? Which safe vendors to get them from?

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
i haven't listen to AM radio in years, why what are they saying?

I've been getting a lot of extra cash lately & i have no more rooms for statues at the moment. Might as well start stock piling on some precious metal just in case.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Have you considered stocks, or are you trying to keep things off-the-books for tax reasons?

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
I got the following already:

Savings Account
CDs
Mutual Funds
Roth IRA both of us maxed out
401K wife maxed out
Cash on hand

Now i need to some physical goods to protect from inflation & when shit hits the fan.

Only got a couple stacks of silver coins, but want to start adding gold too slowly. I was thinking of buying 1oz a month w/ a couple gold grams with it.

Looking at Apmex for online. Any others?

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Real talk, if you are actually doing all of that and still thinking about saving $1k-1.5k per month on top of all of that you're doing pretty alright. Doesn't really matter what you put your money in at that point.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
You're supposed to buy a bigger house and then rent out the one you're living in now. To become a landlord is glorious, and passive income is a beautiful feeling.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
You can trade gold via a broker. You don't need to buy actual gold. If the zombie apocalypse happens, it'll be worthless either way.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Get rid of those CDs unless you are retired and want safety.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
You're supposed to buy a bigger house and then rent out the one you're living in now. To become a landlord is glorious, and passive income is a beautiful feeling.

It's good to have land.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
th

there are alot of gold coins I would buy, you rich...:lolz:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Shut the FUCK up Karou before I plane ticket and make you eat your own teeth you worthless piece of shit.

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
Shut the FUCK up Karou before I plane ticket and make you eat your own teeth you worthless piece of shit.

Who's got the rustled jimmies? You've been a little antsy in the pantsy ever since roker came back.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Hey Jibbz, wanna invest in some precious metals?

edit: you can watch as I make Karou eat his own teeth, it'll be fun and cathartic

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
Hey Jibbz, wanna invest in some precious metals?

edit: you can watch as I make Karou eat his own teeth, it'll be fun and cathartic

While kicking it with Sagey is one of my life's goals, I would worry about you going up against Karou. That guy seems like he's probably freakishly strong.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
HDR - similar situation as you. (i'm not maxed for contributions on 401 though). I also like the idea of wide diversity. Straight buying metals is something I don't do often - I generally combine it with other hobbies; usually coin collecting, but also different types of art. If you want to straight buy - the most popular searches are also the best in my experience. apmex.com and jmbullion.com are reputable, they ship quickly and there's no risk of something shady happening like some of the ebay sellers (though most of theose are safe too).

A metal bar or a metal coin are generally going to be the same price, so if you can get a coin or something you like, then it makes good sense to me. I have bought raw and graded on ebay, but I buy direct from US Mint if i'm going to get it cased/graded myself since you can almost assure a mint state grade. So, that can make it fun and a hobby for some and it's about the safest hobby investment there is.

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
We should be buying multiple copies of precious plastic like 8Man.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member

You're BACK!

I've known plenty who've gotten on the silver/gold coin train and it just leads to nowhere. Spend your money in real estate, it's far more profitable.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
How tall u aaron? Recovered from ur skin resurfacing yet. Weight ? Last time you lifted something beside a Bottle? I understand y ur more jelly than me tho/ Teachers wage in China...PSHAW

306749.jpg

also note I will not come there as I am onto your plan!

Last edited:

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
What do you do for a living? Serious question.

When you joined you had knocked up your GF and no money to the point that it was a forum wide joke.

Sell all that shit ass Sideshow stuff and get some real art.