This just spawned on my mailbox today :D

20170208_175345.jpg

20170208_175351.jpg

Yay <3

Zerrminator

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
"It's on the greeeeeeeeen!"

Picked up a nice mint Pocket out of Japan. Looks like new old stock.

32665003961_74e27a8f42_b.jpg

mcjefe

n00b
I just traded a sealed copy of Monster in My Pocket NES for this. I'm very happy with the trade.

FullSizeRender.jpg

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
Another thrift store find. Plastic is a little dented and some corners are rough, but the controller is untouched. I was surprised to see one of these sealed just laying around.

20170209_092541.jpg

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Atari 7800.

French version with "RGB" out.

As is the case with the French RGB NES, this is not true RGB. A heck of a lot better than just standard RF, though.

NwhNOIX.jpg

drsBXSG.jpg

It didn't come with a power supply, but one can safely use a US 7800 power adapter (I already have one of those) on a PAL 7800 console. The reverse applies as well.

fluxcore

Another Striker
Just some common carts... KoF 94, 97, Puzzle De Pon!, Crossed Swords. Got 'em pretty cheap though.

I like puzzle de pon quite a bit more than I thought I would!

(and '94s AI is far more input-reading than I had expected at level 4 :p )

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Yeah, Moebius is amazing. One of the few comics creators I have a real appreciation for. I've never read Blueberry, since it's not nearly as psychedelic as his other stuff, though. I'm currently reading the new English translation of The World of Edena.
woha, need to check that out. I was hooked on "Schwermetall" (the German version of Métal Hurlant) back in the day.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Another thrift store find. Plastic is a little dented and some corners are rough, but the controller is untouched. I was surprised to see one of these sealed just laying around.

View attachment 42538

I found a sealed XBox Duke a few months ago. Bought it and it works fine, but all that time in the plastic had some weird effect on the cable. It's weirdly sticky. I need to Goo-Gone it.

woha, need to check that out. I was hooked on "Schwermetall" (the German version of Métal Hurlant) back in the day.

The English version of Metal Hurlant is OOP, so I haven't had a chance to check it out. But while you're looking at Moebius stuff, definitely check out The Incal. It's written by Jodorowsky and is basically psychedelic, existential, art nouveau Blade Runner.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Just some common carts... KoF 94, 97, Puzzle De Pon!, Crossed Swords. Got 'em pretty cheap though.

I like puzzle de pon quite a bit more than I thought I would!

(and '94s AI is far more input-reading than I had expected at level 4 :p )

Don't downplay Puzzle De Pon, I bought it for my wife, but I spent about an hour with it yesterday and its pretty challenging. Not so much a get, but I finally got my Neo 25 harness fixed. Just in time for the weekend.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I found a sealed XBox Duke a few months ago. Bought it and it works fine, but all that time in the plastic had some weird effect on the cable. It's weirdly sticky. I need to Goo-Gone it.

I have S controllers that I've been using for years that are sticky for some reason. It can't be from me because I put my controller down when I tug.

It is strange, doh

CZroe

Zero's Secretary

The English version of Metal Hurlant is OOP, so I haven't had a chance to check it out. But while you're looking at Moebius stuff, definitely check out The Incal. It's written by Jodorowsky and is basically psychedelic, existential, art nouveau Blade Runner.
Almost two years ago I sold my new, never used N64 DK64 controller. I was the original owner. It had been in storage since I had received it from the Nintendo Power resubscription offer I paid for. The buyer complained that the chemicals were leeching out of the cable and making it "sticky." I told him that it was patina and, as a collector, he should not attempt to clean it off. That's when I found out that the dude spent hundreds of dollars on my controller to play with it instead of collecting it. I mean, NOS N64 controllers are expensive no matter what, but this was a very rare special edition controller that very few would have kept new/unused simply because it never had outer packaging (not counting the generic shipping package).

I do still have some never-used XBOX Dakota Dukes ("prototypes") and the US Japanese Edition S controllers (shorter cord; green jewel; limited Best Buy exclusive). Guess I need to check them for patina.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
That's when I found out that the dude spent hundreds of dollars on my controller to play with it instead of collecting it.

So let me get this straight, you are faulting a guy for playing with a controller?

CZroe

Zero's Secretary
So let me get this straight, you are faulting a guy for playing with a controller?
No. Even I play with my spare DK64 controller. I'm faulting him for complaining about patina. I'm expressing surprise that he would spend hundreds more than necessary to play with a brand new stick. He said that he "likes nice things," which is fine, but it doesn't seem like he's spending money wisely. Hopefully he has enough for that not to matter.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
This is like reverse collectard. And I thought that a person doesn't care what is done with the thing they sold. Man if sellers knew about the times people bought things to put up their bum...

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
No. Even I play with my spare DK64 controller.

Who are you --King Collector?

I'm faulting him for complaining about patina. I'm expressing surprise that he would spend hundreds more than necessary to play with a brand new stick. He said that he "likes nice things," which is fine, but it doesn't seem like he's spending money wisely. Hopefully he has enough for that not to matter.

Perhaps he wanted to play with a NIB condition controller and not one snail-trailed by the likes of Even You.

CZroe

Zero's Secretary
This is like reverse collectard. And I thought that a person doesn't care what is done with the thing they sold. Man if sellers knew about the times people bought things to put up their bum...
He's free to do whatever he wants with it and we're free to be surprised by what he chooses. People are "surprised" by the kinds of things I spend my money on all the time. It doesn't bother me that they don't understand my justification.

I'm surprised because I had several much cheaper controllers for sale that were also new/never used. I don't understand why he would buy a collector's item at 5x the normal price for his stated reason when the others would have served his stated reason just as well (brand new, never used, wear item that was functionally 100% the same).

This specific patina only helps with showing authenticity and that it was genuinely never used, so it would have been idiotic of me to take off the bag and twist ties to clean it off before sale. When people polish up three-hundred-year-old antiques to sell, collectors and history buffs collectively groan. Not that an N64 controller is historically significant, but it definitely helped support the claim that gave it the value it had.

Who are you --King Collector?

Perhaps he wanted to play with a NIB condition controller and not one snail-trailed by the likes of Even You.
My entire point was that he had cheaper options for that. Indeed, even I was selling other brand new/unused N64 controllers that were a fraction of the price that one was.

Are you honestly not surprised? That was the only reason I brought that part up while discussing my similar example of a sticky controller cord on an unused controller: it was surprising.