Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Some new uline boxes for my arcade PCBs:

MsO44Vm.jpg

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Those look pretty bitching. I am assuming you have to remove the pcb feet before putting them in there?

Looks like the pcb feet are still on, the left pic on the top right corner shows what appears to be a leg.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Spectrum 128K +2A

15535401_1883837391847828_7017945616424632320_n.jpg
This brings back some memories miisalo.
I had one of these sir clive black beauties many years ago.
I've played a lot of great games on the various incarnations of the speccy, great stuff.
Was always a commodore boy at heart, but the speccy holds a special place in 80's brit micro computer history for us fellas of a certain age.

miisalo

Astra Superstar
This brings back some memories miisalo.
I had one of these sir clive black beauties many years ago.
I've played a lot of great games on the various incarnations of the speccy, great stuff.
Was always a commodore boy at heart, but the speccy holds a special place in 80's brit micro computer history for us fellas of a certain age.

I hate it. Piece of junk compared to C64. But still part of my childhood nostalgia. Although it was even more terrible ZX 48K that we had here :D Luckily only some of my friends had spectrums, I was commodore guy.

cat

I hate it. Piece of junk compared to C64. But still part of my childhood nostalgia. Although it was even more terrible ZX 48K that we had here :D Luckily only some of my friends had spectrums, I was commodore guy.
Yeah i was a C64 guy myself, it was sooo much better than the spectrum in every department.
Peeps view the speccy through rose tinted specs TBH.
It had it's place, but couldn't hold a candle to the commodore.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Yeah i was a C64 guy myself, it was sooo much better than the spectrum in every department.
Peeps view the speccy through rose tinted specs TBH.
It had it's place, but couldn't hold a candle to the commodore.

C64 was great. My first computer was a BBC Model B (Elite FTW!) followed by Atari ST.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Ninja Gaiden Trilogy, with music by Squidward Tentacles.

IMG_03001.jpg

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Spectrum 128K +2A

15535401_1883837391847828_7017945616424632320_n.jpg

The drive belt on those was almost always the culprit whenever I was able to find any of those Spectrum +2's.
These things usually have sat in storage for many years, and one of the most common problems is a kink in the belt where it has sat stationary over the small capstan motor pulley.

I've got my +2 (I currently only own the regular +2 grey case model) connected via RGB SCART. Pretty good visuals.

But yeah, C64 trumps the old Speccy.

MetalSludge

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
Deathsmiles Megablack kit. Included poster (folded though) and these odd music CDs. Got a shock box for everyday storage of the PCB so it can be easily grabbed and played. I always loved the Halloweeny themes of the Deathsmiles game.Deathsmiles_Megablack_Kit01.jpg

cat

C64 was great. My first computer was a BBC Model B (Elite FTW!) followed by Atari ST.
Now we're talking wyo the BBC model B was a little corker.
I was obsessed with elite and when i wasn't playing that it had pukka ports of chuckie egg, galaga and asteroids, very, very good times.
It was bloody expensive though lol.

-SD-

Camel Slug
I used to be one of the cool kids at school that was in the computer club :keke: We had BBC Masters in the DT lab, one of which had an expansion card plugged into it with one of those line-following turtle robots attached.

cat

I used to be one of the cool kids at school that was in the computer club :keke: We had BBC Masters in the DT lab, one of which had an expansion card plugged into it with one of those line-following turtle robots attached.
Back when i was in the computer club at school it was commodore pet's, and we were not seen as cool but a bunch of geeky nerd's lol.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Agreed. So many dump on it, but often I think it's because of the price. Sure it's not the prettiest SNES title but it doesn't have to be. It adds a password feature and fixes the difficulty back to the intended level of the Famicom title on the 3rd one. Ever since I got Trilogy years ago I ditched the NES carts.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Agreed. So many dump on it, but often I think it's because of the price. Sure it's not the prettiest SNES title but it doesn't have to be. It adds a password feature and fixes the difficulty back to the intended level of the Famicom title on the 3rd one. Ever since I got Trilogy years ago I ditched the NES carts.

As someone who owns them on the nes and has 1lc nes and 1cc on snes NG2 , the trilogy is rifled with problems imo. I think Ninja Gaiden 3 is fine, but 1 & 2 suffer from weird shit.

Here are my thoughts

* Hit detection feels off at times
* Responsiveness of inputs isn't as tight as the nes trilogy. Think mario all stars physics vs original mario trilogy
* Soundtrack is a major hit and miss, with the remixes even missing certain notes (I still like listening to them but thats a testament to just how good the source material is)
* Missing backgrounds (3-1 I think, the stage where its all dark has no lightning flashing and doesn't go dark like the nes verison effectively making it easier)
* Text in trilogy cutscenes is like someone scanned them and blurred them vs the nes
* Control scheme not being able to remap. You would think "well its the same as the nes" but imo the snes controller spacing on the buttons and curvature just aren't the same. I would love for the ability to have jump be B, and attack Y
*Price is pretty high for the cartridge whem you can get the superior and cheaper cartridges on nes/famicom. I got mine for a good price (thanks RAZO)

+passwords are nice for practice but honestly they won't help you otherwise. If you die at Jaquio have fun going back to 6-1 for another rep of nintendo hard.
+ninja gaiden 3 difficulty like tanooki mentions has been reworked to be a mix of jp/us difficulty.

Above all, I just love Ninja Gaiden series so much that even playing subpar ports is a treat. I need to get the pc engine port of Ninja Gaiden sometime (I hear the hit detection is a little wonky on there, but when you die against Jaquio you don't go back to 6-1). I wish someone would sell me sega master system Ninja Gaiden, it looks pretty good.

I don't know what that means but ninja gaiden trilogy rules.

Im just making fun of the soundtracks flavor of remixing using the clarinet way too much. Squidward tentacles was a character on SpongeBob SquarePants that used a Clarinet that sounded like shit.

Last edited:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Picked up a new microphone 3 weeks ago. Used it on the voiceover for my last 2 videos. Love it.

Sennheiser e835 mounted on a Rode PSA1 boom arm:

U8eQJZr.jpg