Post Your Recent Purchases!

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Congrats crazy hard shooter but a really interesting way to power up you're ship.Though,odd how this was a dirt cheap game complete and then it's price really shot up.I guess youtube is to blame and the collectards out there.Few years ago i just settle on the japanese version since it was cheaper for me.

Gaiares is not that hard. Tough to recover if you die on the latter stages, but honestly there are much harder MD shooters.

johhnnyD14

Hardened Shock Trooper
Gaiares is not that hard. Tough to recover if you die on the latter stages, but honestly there are much harder MD shooters.

Its one of those games that needs practice to get good at. I've only gotten to stage 2 so far but I've loved all of it so far, especially the soundtrack.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Well not that hard but i find crazy when you don't have the right power up.Renovations was definitely one of my favorite publishers for the genesis.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
hukKaIB.jpg
Big ups to Mike for the awesome deal on NTM. It's one of two MVS carts I need to own, the other being Neo Drift Out. I got all the other stuff at TMG.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
You guys already think I'm batshit crazy and anal about shipping, but just got a package from spain...
Seriously? Are all Neo sellers terrible shippers? A single layer of bubblewrap around the original kit box and slap an address label on it? Well, guess it made it in one piece...

Since when did neo shipping standards get so low?

I'm not going to get into details because nobody cares, but I suppose I should always expect the worst in every situation. Lol

zB1BDs2.jpg

ApolloBoy

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Hard to tell in the pic, did they seriously put the bubbles facing the outside? I don't think you're being anal at all, I'd be pretty miffed if I got an MVS kit like that.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
You guys already think I'm batshit crazy and anal about shipping, but just got a package from spain...
Seriously? Are all Neo sellers terrible shippers? A single layer of bubblewrap around the original kit box and slap an address label on it? Well, guess it made it in one piece...

I'm not going to get into details because nobody cares, but I suppose I should always expect the worst in every situation. Lol

zB1BDs2.jpg

Yes, expect the worst in every situation.

If it doesn't make it in good shape, it's on the seller for not shipping it adequately.

If they MacGuyver a miracle with bullshit and it arrives fine, no harm no foul.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Hard to tell in the pic, did they seriously put the bubbles facing the outside? I don't think you're being anal at all, I'd be pretty miffed if I got an MVS kit like that.

Bubbles outside, lmfao.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
What game was it?

Also my carpet may be a lost relative of your carpet.

d6c73533-6859-48c1-93f0-54c2543e6d0a_zps7vciphrn.jpg

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member

zB1BDs2.jpg

I don't think that's being anal about shipping at all. It's hardly surprising seeing what some people think adequate packing is these days though sadly.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I don't think that's being anal about shipping at all. It's hardly surprising seeing what some people think adequate packing is these days though sadly.

Could have been worse, way back in the day I received a kit from Japan and they just slapped a label on the kitbox and taped the kit shut.
*shudders*

Lots of goo-gone, a blow dryer and patience.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I had a Japanese ebayer send me 18 Saturn games in a layer of bubble wrap. 9 of them arrived. The seller issued a full refund.

Two months later, the other 9 showed up.

It's not just Neo sellers.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I had a Japanese ebayer send me 18 Saturn games in a layer of bubble wrap. 9 of them arrived. The seller issued a full refund.

Two months later, the other 9 showed up.

It's not just Neo sellers.

Yeah, I'm not stressing. Was funny though, I just got a couple tiny non-fragile items in a box at the same time (non-international).

Ash Burton

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I'm sure 99% of the human world see this as a cardboard box, they don't have the special "They Live" glasses that everyone around here has allowing them to see the magic of a minty MVS kit which brings more joy than the actual game.

At least they were nice enough not to stick the shipping labels on the cardboard kit box itself.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Hah it's like the old joke of the inside out man.

I had a dick packing job on my NAM-1975 I got in the mail yesterday. It came in a perfect cube shaped box, and in there was a single wrap of thing small bubble bubble wrap around it. I wasn't amused when I picked it up from the front door and heard a it slam down. I opened it up and was mad when I saw that, was happy that it hadn't become broken or something knocked loose.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I might have you all beat.

Last year I received a Japanese x68000 Sharp monitor that was shipped from California to Ohio.

The seller shipped it to me in a cardboard box and the only padding in the box was newspaper. No peanuts. No bubble wrap. Just newspaper. He did tape a piece of cardboard to the front of the monitor. And the residue from that tape is still on the monitor case as he taped it directly to the monitor.

Luckily it arrived in one piece. I bought it from the forum here. Chat peeps know who it was.

Last edited:

johhnnyD14

Hardened Shock Trooper
i've heard lovely stories about people getting GBA games in regular white envelopes

the worst packaging i ever got was a homecart game surrounded by one layer of bubble wrap in a cardboard box. it arrived in fine shape but i still think it could've been packed better

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Hah it's like the old joke of the inside out man.

I had a dick packing job on my NAM-1975 I got in the mail yesterday. It came in a perfect cube shaped box, and in there was a single wrap of thing small bubble bubble wrap around it. I wasn't amused when I picked it up from the front door and heard a it slam down. I opened it up and was mad when I saw that, was happy that it hadn't become broken or something knocked loose.

That's exactly how single kits were shipped back in the day, circa 1990 BC (Before Collectards).

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I might have you all beat.

Last year I received a Japanese x68000 Sharp monitor that was shipped from California to Ohio.

The seller shipped it to me in a cardboard box and the only padding in the box was newspaper. No peanuts. No bubble wrap. Just newspaper. He did tape a piece of cardboard to the front of the monitor. And the residue from that tape is still on the monitor case as he taped it directly to the monitor.

Luckily it arrived in one piece. I bought it from the forum here. Chat peeps know who it was.

I'm sure the seller was busy "fixing" PCBs and single handedly saving the community from STV. When you're doing that you ain't got time for bubble wrap son

Back OT. LOL@ the noobs in this thread. You haven't seen anything till you get 10 MVS carts shipped from Canada in a pizza box. No bubble wrap. The only thing there to cushion the carts is a fine layer of grime.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Back OT. LOL@ the noobs in this thread. You haven't seen anything till you get 10 MVS carts shipped from Canada in a pizza box. No bubble wrap. The only thing there to cushion the carts is a fine layer of grime.

You got to be kidding, did this happen to you?

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Yaton prices were always worth it.

I was lucky enough to score a gigantic load (100+) of Yatan carts for a few hundred bucks before he started offloading on eBay & got the genius idea to remove all the original labels and replace them.