Post Your Recent Purchases!

Boat200

New Challenger
Late 80s machine, updated with a MVS slot. Holds the collection nicely
8c50adb096c8876e-IMG_0433.jpg

8a4afc29badcf2dc-IMG_1731.jpg

shinhed

Posting is overrated, ,
I never had a PS1 as a child (my brother did), so this explains some of my recent pickups.
20151219_115009.jpg

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Hey Madman,

What's a fair price for NGPC Sonic (UK)?
I have it in my collection and I'm thinking about dumping all my NGPC stuff.

Other than tracking down Sonic, my NGPC collection is pretty much complete:
IMG_0877.jpg

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
I never had a PS1 as a child (my brother did), so this explains some of my recent pickups.
View attachment 31328

Muramasa is awesome-sauce, though you should also check out the vita version, it adds some additional characters to play.

Actually, its a good time to pick up Playstation, I've noticed a bunch of formerly $80 RPGs are now going for $20ish, so you can pick up a lot of good games for a decent price, so long as you're not obsessed about getting black label.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Muramasa is awesome-sauce, though you should also check out the vita version, it adds some additional characters to play.

Actually, its a good time to pick up Playstation, I've noticed a bunch of formerly $80 RPGs are now going for $20ish, so you can pick up a lot of good games for a decent price, so long as you're not obsessed about getting black label.

I never understood the whole, "I need black label" concept, same with the anti redband PS2 stuff. I thought we are supposed to play the games, not stare at the spine all day long.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
PS1 greatest hits green bright is where is at, lol. I just want to play the game but you gotta admit that green was out there...

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I never understood the whole, "I need black label" concept, same with the anti redband PS2 stuff. I thought we are supposed to play the games, not stare at the spine all day long.

I hate greatest hits. I rather pay more for used black label then buy a new greatest hits.

Playing games is out. Having them looking cool on your shelf is in.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I hate greatest hits. I rather pay more for used black label then buy a new greatest hits.

Playing games is out. Having them looking cool on your shelf is in.

Is it because of the lime green and crimson red? Real talk, I just never understood it, i have a friend that rages when that is the only thing he can get.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Is it because of the lime green and crimson red? Real talk, I just never understood it, i have a friend that rages when that is the only thing he can get.

I was kidding about the shelf collecting but I really do not like greatest hits versions. Yea, I'm not a fan of the weird label colors on the insert and discs. I noticed that sometimes the greatest hits manuals would come in black and white while the regular versions were in color. The first run of PS3 greatest hits games was just a plastic seal with a greatest hits sticker and when you removed the seal you had the regular version, it was great but that didn't last long. Shortly after they started to release the red cases with the greatest hits label on the insert and disc. It just feels cheap.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member

It is for me. I hate that lime green spine. Back in the PS1 days, I used to wait until games that I wanted to play dropped to $19.99 and then immediately go to the store to pick them up, so that there would still be some non-GH stock left. With the PS2 I don't really mind. That fluorescent green was just the most atrocious color choice.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender

There are a few games that came with extra discs like Demos, and trailers and what-not. But even that isn't worth the usual black label tax. Its more of if the extra $$ is worth having a nice shelf.

Though I don't think there is any PS1 game whose black label commands a price difference even close to MVS vs AES.

Last edited:

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I wish Neo george AES have greatest hits.....

Anyway, I have to admit that I don't like greatest hits color. But sometimes greatest hits version has more stuff or patches than regular version.
Example: PS2 Devil May Cry 3, Xbox 360 Deathsmiles

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
PS1 Greatest Hits are fine, you guys are crazy. If you want to talk about a label ruining a game, then let's talk 360:

W8lnhkm.jpg

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Ugh, that's the one I was trying to remember. Yeah, that's definitely the worst.

MtothaJ

Host for Orochi
10 Year Member
Got this 'gem' real cheap:

2015-12-20 11.12.11.jpg

Going to be giving this as a Christmas present, but if anybody has one of these would be interested to learn i) if it is possible to put any more games on it apart from the preloaeded SF2SCE and Ghouls ii) any way to make it output RGB or Svideo?

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Got this 'gem' real cheap:

View attachment 31359

Going to be giving this as a Christmas present, but if anybody has one of these would be interested to learn i) if it is possible to put any more games on it apart from the preloaeded SF2SCE and Ghouls ii) any way to make it output RGB or Svideo?

I'd be willing to pay anything up to and including "free" for that. At least they went with the best version of SFII.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
PS1 Greatest Hits are fine, you guys are crazy. If you want to talk about a label ruining a game, then let's talk 360:

W8lnhkm.jpg

The 360 Platinum hits are atrocious. I don't understand why they can't just put a stupid greatest hits sticker on the original games. i swear they do it just to screw you.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
The 360 Platinum hits are atrocious. I don't understand why they can't just put a stupid greatest hits sticker on the original games. i swear they do it just to screw you.

Its an american thing derived from the PC Software industry. Look at EA rereleases of old PC games, ugly gray border around title art. I think its meant to attract attention from budget game shoppers.

Japanese 360 just has the Platinum modifier on the right of the top banner.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Its an american thing derived from the PC Software industry. Look at EA rereleases of old PC games, ugly gray border around title art. I think its meant to attract attention from budget game shoppers.

Japanese 360 just has the Platinum modifier on the right of the top banner.

The entire case is also silver...

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
The entire case is also silver...
You mean the Japanese 360 game? My copy of Dodonpachi Saidaioujou only has a different banner, it does extend to the spine, but otherwise the rest of the insert is same color scheme as my US games, and the case is green. Is that different than other Japanese 360 Platinum Collection games?

attachment.php

That's the game I used as a basis for comparison, the banner just extends around, the back is just white and green like a normal 360 game.