Post Your Recent Purchases!

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I have been enjoying my Super NT since I picked it up about 6 months ago and was waiting for reviews of the Mega SG before pulling the trigger. Well after watching some of the more technically comprehensive reviews it was an easy sell and despite the site stating new orders will ship in 2-3 weak I got a dispatch email and Fed-Ex notification within a few hours, so mine should be here by the end of the week! To be honest the jailbars on my model 1 and the overscan boarders ruined the Mega Drive experience for me a bit via the Framemeister (I don't have a CRT) so this would be a cleaner solution for me, I can't wait!

Did you play games during the 80s and 90s? If so, were they enjoyable or did these issues ruin them for you?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Did you play games during the 80s and 90s? If so, were they enjoyable or did these issues ruin them for you?

What are 'boarders' anyway? :keke:

That composite video just ruined my experience! lol how ever did we survive with RF!

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I loved playing these games back in the day, good old CRTs hide a lot of the stuff you get when using an upscaler on a modern TV. Sadly my Mega Drive has really noticeable jail bars on blue colours that look quite bad and there is no easy fix, even the new RGB bypass amps seem hit and miss on earlier revision consoles. I'd love a good Sony Trinitron CRT but space is an issue for me at the moment. My CMVS and SNES do look really good via RGB by comparison when hooked up with my Framemeister.

Last edited:

-SD-

Camel Slug
Yes, but I’d rather use a wired one, and the retro-bit controller has been delayed until the middle of May according to Amazon.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
A few things that I got in the last few days:

WKVowuJ.jpg

For some reason, 3 Ninjas Kick Back always superimposed itself on Ninja Warriors in my mind, so until recently, I kept thinking of one when hearing about the other. Damn, is Ninja Warriors ever a fun game, and those sprites are huge!

I found Shining Force III at the local pawn shop for cheap in pristine condition, so it was time to finally pick up the game.

I've wanted Crusader of Centy for a long time, and I was able to sell an Ezio Auditore Hot Toys to bank roll getting it...so fun, looking forward to really taking the time with it this coming weekend!

I got a bar fridge last Friday as well for the game room, so it's been a fun few days between that and the games.

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Tatsujin Oh aka Truxton II
A beautiful game but tough as nails. I won’t be beating (ahem) this game anytime soon.

4F18BD34-D8EF-4C41-B37B-095428E87D09.jpegB2C39CE4-5699-4307-A70C-3152FB3727B9.jpegB04075CA-A088-44AF-917A-1FB4ABB6AF8D.jpeg

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Nice, I just ordered one myself last night after watching several reviews. Did you get a wireless controller to go with it?

I purchased the bluetooth version from amazon. Have been using it for a few weeks and it works great.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Nah, he stopped doing that years ago when we discovered that the CMVSs were piles of overpriced shit and he started selling overpriced Nintendos.

I thought he made pizzas now :scratch:

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
The FedEx man just dropped this off...

mH43xpm.jpg

The price on this thing is tough to get past. $320 CAD with shipping.
For comparison; I could buy a 500 GB PS4 for $270 CAD at Bestbuy right now.

If I didn't have a good working Genesis and a nice CRT TV all setup I'm sure I'd go for it.

But right now, it would just be cool for the convenience of having what sounds like a quality Genesis in another room on a modern TV.

Most of the reviews I've seen go into a lot of details about settings. What's the Mega Sg like out of the box?

For anyone who already has one, does it feel like tweaking is a must or just a nice option to play around with?

Does anyone have both the 8Bitdo M30 2.4G gamepad and the Krizz Joyzz?
How do they compare?

I'd love to try out the M30 but I already have two Joyzz.

A few things that I got in the last few days:

WKVowuJ.jpg

I've wanted Crusader of Centy for a long time, and I was able to sell an Ezio Auditore Hot Toys to bank roll getting it...so fun, looking forward to really taking the time with it this coming weekend!

That Crusader is a very nice pick-up. I'd love to find one someday. I've heard it's short but still a very nice Zelda clone. I'm all out of trade bait after dropping a bunch of games for Snatcher.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
That's good to hear, aside from the popping aspect. Does it more or less sound like a default Genesis stock or does it need to be tweaked to sound as such?

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Cozmic.jpeg

I had to wait for a re-stock, because I took too long to order it, but better late than never.

beigemore

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
That's good to hear, aside from the popping aspect. Does it more or less sound like a default Genesis stock or does it need to be tweaked to sound as such?

I think it sounds brighter. When you turn the low pass filter on it gets closer. You can further adjust the filter, too.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
If it's like a Mega Amped real Genesis a lot of noobs seem to like the unamped sound but to me it's really harsh in some games like Sonic 3. Gotta have that filter.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Bought 3 PAL NES games and they run on my US console with the Blinking Lights Win. PAL optimized games on 60 Hz isn't perfect though. Windjammers also arrived yesterday. (^_^)

bLDExGh.jpg

Two Mega Drive repros, sold my original Gleylancer more than 10 years ago. ;__; Thought I'm done with retro gaming. The games play fine and look pretty good for a repro.
W8F1vCW.jpg

Also bought a new CD, it's been almost 3 years since my last CD purchase.
oTR6hXe.jpg

Album @Spotify
https://open.spotify.com/album/5u84f5uPytfqi8w7kjYka4?si=6eEccZ-AR6Kd_vRhZxJRCw

Shinchan

n00b
Newbie here. Wife has put a fatwa on cabs, so I figured that a supergun setup would technically follow the rule :)

Anyway, snagged a MV1ACHX 1-slot + a nice and authentic Magician Lord cart + a 161 in 1 cart off of CL. Flipped the ML cart on Feebay (would have sold or traded it here, but <newbie> so no access to the sale section) for a tidy sum and ended up with the equivalent of a free board and 161 in 1 and pocketed $20 after the fees. Now to decide on a supergun...

IMG_5353.jpg

Last edited:

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Bought 3 PAL NES games and they run on my US console with the Blinking Lights Win. PAL optimized games on 60 Hz isn't perfect though. Windjammers also arrived yesterday. (^_^)

bLDExGh.jpg

Two Mega Drive repros, sold my original Gleylancer more than 10 years ago. ;__; Thought I'm done with retro gaming. The games play fine and look pretty good for a repro.
W8F1vCW.jpg

Also bought a new CD, it's been almost 3 years since my last CD purchase.
oTR6hXe.jpg

Album @Spotify
https://open.spotify.com/album/5u84f5uPytfqi8w7kjYka4?si=6eEccZ-AR6Kd_vRhZxJRCw

Wow, I didn't know there was a physical release of Windjammers on Switch, that's really neat.