Post Your Recent Purchases!

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
genn.jpg

Recent pickups; been having a ton of fun with Sagaia/Darius II and Joe & Mac. Dragon's Fury is great too... The music is tops. Haven't spent much time with Red Zone yet, but I hear the graphics are insane for the Genesis so picked it up for that.

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Nice! Joe & Mac rocks on the Genny, the SNES has half the frame rate and misses the arcade 'less is more' level design.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
JeY9TAo.jpg

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Los Turfes. How does the pocket version play?

Pretty awesome. It's not as rigorous as its big brother, just tailor made for the Pocket, but that's a benefit.

@Pretty Amy: Now that you have another entry in the Major Title series, you have to try Irem Skins Game an arcade port for the SNES. It has a very cool mode called, yes, Skins Game, where you get money prizes for every hole. It's much more forgiving, than a regular tournament and features that Mario Kart 64 syndrome: even if you are far behind, you can still win the game with the last few holes. Perfect to play against an unskilled partner.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
I've played Skins Game before with friends. Thanks for the reminder though; I definitely need to grab my own copy at some point.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Nice! that's some baller gets, man. I regret selling my SGX collection.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I'm looking forward to trying out the Super Grafx exclusives with the SD System 3.

The Daimakaimura port is excellent, too. As exclusives go, Aldynes is great. It's easy to dismiss it, though. Graphics and gameplay may seem somehow offbeat at first, but once you understand that it's an R-Type kind of gameplay, everything will make sense immediately. The developers, Produce!, consisted of former Irem employees. I highly recommend this game but it demands a bit time to get in to.

Kid Fenris

Rugal's Thug
10 Year Member
Aldynes also has the best subtitle: The Mission Code for Rage Crisis.

I'm glad to see that so many people went through the trouble of getting a physical copy of the Capcom Beat Em Up Collection. I thought I was alone in doing that.

This isn't a game, but it's related to SNK: I picked up a little Crystalis doujinshi artbook recently released by the game's original character designer.

L4c0SXN.jpg

It's short, but the art is excellent and it taught me something new: the emperor and Azteca are supposed to be dragons:

UdZVr8E.jpg

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Had a good day for picking up little odds and sods!

Picked up this little bundle for the pricely sum of £18 which I thought was pretty good :)

572cb7192771df187f4f2c42292e0db3.jpg

Also I finally managed to track down a Neo memory card at a acceptable price.
Seems these things go for crazy money these days same as most other neo stuff!

52c454bc0cf791391ff27a59ad9a012d.jpg

Only paid £20 for that though.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
too bad the battery in the card is dead and you'll destroy it trying to replace it...

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
The Daimakaimura port is excellent, too. As exclusives go, Aldynes is great. It's easy to dismiss it, though. Graphics and gameplay may seem somehow offbeat at first, but once you understand that it's an R-Type kind of gameplay, everything will make sense immediately. The developers, Produce!, consisted of former Irem employees. I highly recommend this game but it demands a bit time to get in to.

I'm definitely want to try the Daimakaimura port since I've read so many positive things on it over the years. 1941 Counter Attack looks really good too. Thanks for the info on Aldynes, I've read some iffy thoughts on it over the years and kinda dismissed it but now I'm interested in giving it a spin, even though I may be the world's worst R-Type player. Always enjoy your insight Oliver.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I'm definitely want to try the Daimakaimura port since I've read so many positive things on it over the years. 1941 Counter Attack looks really good too. Thanks for the info on Aldynes, I've read some iffy thoughts on it over the years and kinda dismissed it but now I'm interested in giving it a spin, even though I may be the world's worst R-Type player. Always enjoy your insight Oliver.

I agree with everything said. Aldynes is a slow burn, but I have always loved it. It comes at things so differently than most. It was a system seller for me. Everything else is totally worth owning...I never gave Battle Ace a fair shake though TBH

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
too bad the battery in the card is dead and you'll destroy it trying to replace it...

Interesting to know that while people pay stupid prices for them. May as well eat crayons it's just as dumb.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Interesting to know that while people pay stupid prices for them. May as well eat crayons it's just as dumb.

Yeah thats one of the reasons I didnt want to pay Ebay prices for one.
I have seen ones the same as the one I have got (Cased and in reasonable condition) going for £60 plus which is insane!

I brought a high capacity one without a battery to actually use but still waiting for that one to arrive.
That one is obv a 3rd party one though.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Gee, I guess I didn't open my old one up, replace the battery and glue it shut.

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
PeMNKR1.jpg

Trying to collect English AES in 2019. I'm not a smart man.