Post Your Recent Purchases!

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
Japan always has such cool cars! That thing looks perfect to haul a ton of stuff. The surround system is cool as hell too.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i adored my kof games on the ps2 until i bought my home system. holding the latest kof game in your hand that you only paid 40 bucks for was a big deal back then.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Gyrian hooked me up with a sweet, sweet deal on a boxed JP Saturn:

IMG_0388.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

Little yellowing, I'll probably retrobrite is when warm weather comes around.

He also included, for free, Bio Hazard for the JP Saturn.

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
This game is on top of my still-to-get list, but how's the music? Is it really so garbled in comparison to the Famicom cart? Hey, and congrats on both scooping & opening!!
The PS1 port of Gimmick! does have the shittier audio of the PAL version on NES, unfortunately. I'm glad to see a fellow forum member scooped this, I've had a saved search of Gimmick! on eBay, and I was surprised to see this was unsold when I got the email of new listings, but now remember that the seller wouldn't ship to Canada. :crying:

Now that I think of it, Battle Formula and Gimmick! were two of the last games I bought for Famicom, so now I'm not too concerned with the PS ports.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
This game is on top of my still-to-get list, but how's the music? Is it really so garbled in comparison to the Famicom cart? Hey, and congrats on both scooping & opening!!

The music isn't great compared to the Famicom, but it plays fine and was less than half the price of the Famicom cart so I'm okay with it.

And for no reason, here's a great cover of the unused track in Gimmick: https://krieger.bandcamp.com/track/s-mod-2

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Bought an Australian made Weller WESD51 soldering station. Started work desoldering the flyback and that leaky component on a spare ms2930 chassis and it's just bliss, a million times better than my el cheapo $20 iron.

1.jpg

Before:

The A1 750 component's epoxy filler had melted all the way around the flyback and even onto the underside of the PCB... the worst I've seen and it was still sticky!

3.jpg

After:

2.jpg

Last edited:

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
If you don't mind if I ask, but what was the cost? I just picked up a NEO 29 myself and the picture is washed out. I'm capable of doing a cap kit myself, but if its relatively cheap, I wouldn't mind sending it out.
Got my neo chassis back from sharp image repair- I know a few people asked how it would go- they did some really legit work on this thing:

hWkzS5fl.jpg

tOfWW7cl.jpg

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Brand new sealed copy of Gimmick! on PlayStation (plus Super Spy Hunter):

IeoXn6n.jpg

Spoiler:
Fuck you, of course I opened it. I bought the game to play it, not get it graded by VGA. It just happened to be the cheapest copy I had seen in awhile.
:keke:

JGm706c.jpg

Cool!

The PS1 port of Gimmick! does have the shittier audio of the PAL version on NES, unfortunately. I'm glad to see a fellow forum member scooped this, I've had a saved search of Gimmick! on eBay, and I was surprised to see this was unsold when I got the email of new listings, but now remember that the seller wouldn't ship to Canada. :crying:

Thanks for that info. I've always been curious about this port but never bothered to do any homework on it.

Last edited:

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
I just bought a house last month. Lots of tlc needed but for 50k, mortgage payments cheaper than renting.

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate

IMG_0388.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

The retrobrite should really do the trick.

What monitor are you using?

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member

IMG_0388.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

Very nice!! Saturn is definitely one of the holes in my collection. Great selection of games. How successful have you been with retrobrite? I've had a few friends try it, but I've never done it myself. Anything they did had kind of a streaked look to it with blotches of lighter spots.

Zerrminator

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
I've retrobrited lots of consoles & accessories and had good success. The key is to NOT put it in the hot sun as that will dry out parts of your creme/solution faster which leads to blotchiness.

- Go to a Sally beauty salon and buy Volume 40 Creme Developer
http://www.sallybeauty.com/salonc-care-40-volume-creme-developer/SLNCAR63,default,pd.html
- Completely cover all plastic parts with the creme
- Put all pieces in large sealed zip lock bags to prevent drying/evaporation
- Put it outside in cool overcast weather for 12-24 hours depending on how extreme the yellowing is
- rotate the parts so you get even coverage to the UV light

I bought a PCE & CD from Japan that was extremly yellowed. After 2 applications with Sally Volume 40 she came out almost brand new.

27864044982_0683b8070f_h.jpg

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I've retrobrited lots of consoles & accessories and had good success. The key is to NOT put it in the hot sun as that will dry out parts of your creme/solution faster which leads to blotchiness.

http://www.sallybeauty.com/salonc-care-40-volume-creme-developer/SLNCAR63,default,pd.html
- Put it outside in cool overcast weather for 12-24 hours depending on how extreme the yellowing is

I bought a PCE & CD from Japan that was extremly yellowed. After 2 applications with Sally Volume 40 she came out almost brand new.

Looks good!

I picked up a bunch of Sally Beauty Volume 40 developer last summer in preparation for retrobriting some other stuff. Soon as weather gets better I'm gonna tackle the Saturn.

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
Always loved the briefcase setup for the PCE, looks so awesome <3
A pity the uhhh how is it called... the thing that connects both devices might fail, am I right? I think I heard it over here or at the pcenginefx...

Anyways, I'd love to have such setup :3

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member

Do you do anything to protect stickers? I have a few SNES consoles I need to do this on and I don't want to damage the serial number sticker or any others.

Zerrminator

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
The CD system I actually didn't even take apart. I just used a tooth brush and carefully applied the creme over all of the outside areas I wanted to retrobrite. Obviously you take more of a risk of something going wrong with your electronics. For the PC engine i took it apart and actually removed the serial sticker on the bottom. Maybe you could cover up the stickers with light masking tape? I haven't really tried it though. My recommendation is try first on something you don't really care about, like a yellowed smoke alarm housing etc. If you look around your house I'm sure you'll find something that is made of plastic and yellowed :)

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Got a Bee Storm Kit and a Taito PSU from Yaton:
iVxQ0LGl.jpg

26K0Z3Ul.jpg

Also got another chassis back from sharp image. After a few image tweeks, my cabinet has never looked this good.
nezLSi1l.jpg

8bitForLife

Crazed MVS Addict
Got a pandoras box 5 jamma sanwa silent joystick and button and a mew console only monitor

P8qZCcI.jpg

Attachments

• 0204181558_HDR-1.jpg
    0204181558_HDR-1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 265
Last edited:

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Cool stick.

(You have to embed photos and uncheck the box for the option of storing a local version of the file.)

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I really love the look of that.

ive been thinking about getting a setup very similar to what youre doing. Astro layout with a dedicated monitor.