Post Your Recent Purchases!

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
View attachment 48463

If you're using eBay's international shipping program (Pitney Bowes / PBI), do yourself a favour and take pictures of your packaging. PBI removed the packaging that the seller sent my cart in and used an unpadded envelope instead.

Pitney Bowes is awesome.

They open up to "inspect" the packages and routinely fuck things up by manhandling the contents, not properly sealing the boxes and even sending wrong stuff to the buyers.
There was this one time where PB screwed up the shipping labels and instead of a SCART converter, I received a chair. This was meant for some person in Australia.
One of those office chairs with an inflatable ball for a seat.

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
Screenshot_20180121-003341.jpg
Screenshot_20180121-003411.jpg

Traded some shit with my friend for this SNES demo console. It has a weird cable coming out the bottom. It's from a Best Buy. The SNES image was on a CRT in the demo unit and it also output 1 big image on a large stack of CRTs up above the video game area as you played. I remember they had DKC on it when I saw it there.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
Mark of Kri and Rise of the Kasai are 2 of my favorite ps2 games.

Those games are both begging for a Yakuza Kiwami style remake/reimagining, they already look fucking beautiful on a PS2 and I'm salivating at the thought of how they'd look with a modern coat of paint that can fully realize the unique Disney esque art style (If I remember correctly the guy behind it was an ex-Disney animator)

Traded some shit with my friend for this SNES demo console. It has a weird cable coming out the bottom. It's from a Best Buy. The SNES image was on a CRT in the demo unit and it also output 1 big image on a large stack of CRTs up above the video game area as you played. I remember they had DKC on it when I saw it there.

Cool...does it work?

Last edited:

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Traded some shit with my friend for this SNES demo console. It has a weird cable coming out the bottom.

That SNES is almost the same deep khaki color as mine, except the bottom half is just as golden yellow.

My consolized Game Gear from the BeharBros finally arrived this week and I've been having a lot of fun with it.

cad4281c5b1d86f8ca5e1f2de3ace4a6.jpg

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
Cool...does it work?

Despite the warning sticker it works just like normal. I borrowed my SNES bit to my friend a while back and know he can't find it. I'm going to go badger him and then if he can't find it I'll just buy a new one. Either way once I open it up I will put a pic up here. I'm interested to see what's going on in there.

That SNES is almost the same deep khaki color as mine, except the bottom half is just as golden yellow.

My consolized Game Gear from the BeharBros finally arrived this week and I've been having a lot of fun with it.

That thing looks awesome! Damn . . . now there's another gaming thing I want lol. Yeah the color on that SNES is a real nice dirty sand shade:p

Last edited:

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Pitney Bowes is awesome. They open up to "inspect" the packages and routinely fuck things up by manhandling the contents

They will often remove the padding and bubblewrap to fit the contents of the original package into a smaller box to reduce shipping cost. The rest happens due to the nature of how mail is handled. If you're stacking and moving boxes day in and day out, there's no way you give any kind of shit about what's inside. I get that. That's why I always put in a metric ton of padding. Pitney Bowes is an antidote to that.

It's because of lazy sellers. With Pitney Bowes you also pay the customs up front. If the person shipping your things is sane, and doesn't use the international shipping program, I always ask them to specify reduced value.

instead of a SCART converter, I received a chair.

:keke: Did you keep it?

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
20180121_103126.jpg
20180121_103207.jpg
20180121_103351.jpg
20180121_103406.jpg
20180121_103420.jpg

I ended up snagging this PC Engine bundle on eBay for a really nice price. I was just looking for a complete unmodded PCE. This bundle was just a small amount more than most complete PCEs. The game, Engine Block, and RGB cable were a nice bonus. The copy of TMNT is very interesting. It was from some weird estate liquidator that found a bunch of sealed games that were starting to come open. They opened them, took a pics, and then put them on eBay. There were some much rarer games, but they were way too rich for my blood. This one was set at a starting bid of 9.99 and that's what I got it for. The box is in really good shape and the cartridge looks like it has never been used .

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,

Like a boss! Is it comfortable? I can't sit on those yoga balls. No back support. This, I'm curious about.

I ended up snagging this PC Engine bundle (...) The game, Engine Block, and RGB cable were a nice bonus.

I did a quick search for the Engine Block thing, and it looks like it's an encased Booster from dbElectronics. I've been bombarding this guy on Twitter and via his website for a year, at least, to buy his product, but now I'm glad I didn't give him my money. Might as well invest that in the purchase of NeoSD's PCE solution. Also, it's $90 on Stone Age Gamer? Screw that. They always add a premium for their ugly stickers and leaflets.

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
I did a quick search for the Engine Block thing, and it looks like it's an encased Booster from dbElectronics. I've been bombarding this guy on Twitter and via his website for a year, at least, to buy his product, but now I'm glad I didn't give him my money. Might as well invest that in the purchase of NeoSD's PCE solution. Also, it's $90 on Stone Age Gamer? Screw that. They always add a premium for their ugly stickers and leaflets.

Yeah I did the same thing when I saw the auction. I sure as hell wouldn't spend 90 bucks on it. It's nice to have, but honestly I just wanted a PCE for the Super SD System 3. At least it doesn't have a dumb ass caveman on it :p

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Pitney Bowes is awesome.

They open up to "inspect" the packages and routinely fuck things up by manhandling the contents, not properly sealing the boxes and even sending wrong stuff to the buyers.
There was this one time where PB screwed up the shipping labels and instead of a SCART converter, I received a chair. This was meant for some person in Australia.
One of those office chairs with an inflatable ball for a seat.

I got stung with the eBay global shipping programme as well in the past. I bought a NOS factory sealed PS1 game from the US, it got repacked and sent in packaging far less protective than what the seller used originally. Terrible service, I know it makes things easy for international sellers but harms the buyers, I'd rather pay more for shipping and packaging in order to get the item in the condition it was sent in.

Sad to see an MVS cart get savaged in transit...

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I use global shipping for the most part but I hear if the package arrives messed up it's on ebay and not the seller. So far I've shipped a bunch of things through global shipping and buyers have been happy.

ChopstickSamurai

That sucks your cart got damaged, but just be thankful they didn't drill holes through it. I'll never unsee those horror photos.

joala

A Joala is for Life., Not Just Christmas.,
I've had a few MVS carts through the gsp from the us, always arrived safely and quicker than normal USPS shipping.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy

That is sweet. I may need one of those.

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member

How much was this? . . . if you don't mind me asking. I know they don't list it on their site and just mention they will update their Facebook when more are available.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member

I'm super jealous. How much did this thing set you back?

Because I'd love to play me some Shinobi II: the Silent Fury on the PVM.

ChopstickSamurai

How much was this? . . . if you don't mind me asking. I know they don't list it on their site and just mention they will update their Facebook when more are available.

I'm super jealous. How much did this thing set you back?

Because I'd love to play me some Shinobi II: the Silent Fury on the PVM.

I paid $330 with shipping. A bit pricey, but I figured it would cost just as much to have a unit modded with a McWill screen and VGA out. I'd much rather have RGB though.

I missed out on the first batch last year due to their ecommerce site over selling them so I was put on a waiting list. It worked out though since it now supports Genesis pads so you can use the start button on the controller and it now has a link port. It's pretty slick and I had a blast with it over the weekend. Looks great on my PVM and through my Framemeister using FBX's 7x zoom Super Gameboy profile.

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
I paid $330 with shipping. A bit pricey, but I figured it would cost just as much to have a unit modded with a McWill screen and VGA out. I'd much rather have RGB though.

I missed out on the first batch last year due to their ecommerce site over selling them so I was put on a waiting list. It worked out though since it now supports Genesis pads so you can use the start button on the controller and it now has a link port. It's pretty slick and I had a blast with it over the weekend. Looks great on my PVM and through my Framemeister using FBX's 7x zoom Super Gameboy profile.

Honestly that isn't that terrible for what it is. I'd also take this over a better screen and VGA out any day. I'm sure it will be hard as hell to get one. I hate that they are updated when more will be available on Facebook. I don't have social media and don't want it.

ChopstickSamurai

Honestly that isn't that terrible for what it is. I'd also take this over a better screen and VGA out any day. I'm sure it will be hard as hell to get one. I hate that they are updated when more will be available on Facebook. I don't have social media and don't want it.

I'm not on Facebook either and it drives me crazy that everyone uses it for business use. Why not just update your website instead? It's extra frustrating when they don't even have a real website and just use Facebook.

Maybe you could send them an email to see if you could reserve one? Good luck!

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
07c1bcb036a41ce00ddc6bbea3cfb04e.jpg

Mine came in today, blew through Dracula X, Gate of Thunder and Blazing Lazers so far. Starting Makyō Densetsu in a little bit.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Ohh Shit Pandar. So how is it so far?

I love it, I'm not going to get into that whole debate shit everyone is getting into, but the games I've played on it so far, nothing but fun. I'm glad I got this kit. I kinda want to get a Supergrafx but I just can't justify the system cause it doesn't meet my five game rule. I'd only play Granzort and Aldynes, the "high profile" titles I have pcbs of anyway. I am not disappointed at all with my purchase and can't wait to blow through Y's Book 1 and some the Bonk games.

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
I'm not on Facebook either and it drives me crazy that everyone uses it for business use. Why not just update your website instead? It's extra frustrating when they don't even have a real website and just use Facebook.

Maybe you could send them an email to see if you could reserve one? Good luck!

I can't agree more. People just assume EVERYONE has Facebook, so why not run your business through it . . . Anyways, emailing them may be the route to go.

I love it, I'm not going to get into that whole debate shit everyone is getting into, but the games I've played on it so far, nothing but fun. I'm glad I got this kit. I kinda want to get a Supergrafx but I just can't justify the system cause it doesn't meet my five game rule. I'd only play Granzort and Aldynes, the "high profile" titles I have pcbs of anyway. I am not disappointed at all with my purchase and can't wait to blow through Y's Book 1 and some the Bonk games.

It's awesome to see more getting into people's hands.
Sounds like you are having a blast with it. So many great titles made readily available. I can't wait to get one. This, the consolized GG, and a CMVS are all in a war over my tax return :keke:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

This is what I like to hear.