Whip's Subordinate
5eoOudH.jpg

xIFTWwS.jpg

Very nice triple pack you picked up.
Last Blade 2 is great.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Nah, I'm not that good, those games just aren't that hard. The only thing that's hard about Rondo is the Stage 6 boss rush, but you can use Maria to kill each boss in seconds if you know how. In COTM, once you get a few cards in your inventory you can make your dude so powerful that he's pretty much a god.

Castlevania on NES? THAT'S hard. I more or less rely on being cheap with the holy water to get me through some of those boss fights.

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate
Nah, I'm not that good, those games just aren't that hard. The only thing that's hard about Rondo is the Stage 6 boss rush, but you can use Maria to kill each boss in seconds if you know how. In COTM, once you get a few cards in your inventory you can make your dude so powerful that he's pretty much a god.

Castlevania on NES? THAT'S hard. I more or less rely on being cheap with the holy water to get me through some of those boss fights.

I agree, Castlevania, on NES, is tough. Took me a few years to pass it, and I played the heck out of the game.

JRedmond, COTM is a great game, enjoy the game.

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
I beat the original NES Castlevania once in my early twenties. Never again. That is one of the hardest games I’ve ever played and actually beat. It’s brutal compared to any of the other Castlevanias IMO.

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
Congrats, what an update!

Thanks! I can finally play something other than Just Cause 2 lol.

For $400?

Damn your country and its cheap prices!!

There were some Wal-Marts selling them as low as 249.00. I guess it was a Black Friday deal for 499.99 that random Wal-Marts discounted even more. People were going crazy trying to find one. I had to drive 30 minutes to grab mine and someone bought the last one immediately after me.

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
Screenshot_20171229-150130.jpg

OSSC 1.6 showed up today. Took about a week and a half to get here from across the pond. Suprised it came so fast. Not too sure why people are still buying them for more on eBay when you can order them directly now and get them so quickly. Anyways, I'm pumped to try it out this weekend :)

selfReg

n00b
View attachment 48081

OSSC 1.6 showed up today. Took about a week and a half to get here from across the pond. Suprised it came so fast. Not too sure why people are still buying them for more on eBay when you can order them directly now and get them so quickly. Anyways, I'm pumped to try it out this weekend :)

this thing is incredible. I jumped on the train with 1.6 as well. Even PS2 games through RGB look great. CvS2 on a modern monitor with no lag!

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
this thing is incredible. I jumped on the train with 1.6 as well. Even PS2 games through RGB look great. CvS2 on a modern monitor with no lag!

I'm huge into fighting games so lag was a huge factor for me. So glad I waited for the OSSC. I had been eyeing up the Framemeister since way before the OSSC. I could never justify it due to the lag. Then they finally released a 4k TV with 12ms of input lag. Once I snagged the TV the OSSC was a must.

selfReg

n00b
I'm huge into fighting games so lag was a huge factor for me. So glad I waited for the OSSC. I had been eyeing up the Framemeister since way before the OSSC. I could never justify it due to the lag. Then they finally released a 4k TV with 12ms of input lag. Once I snagged the TV the OSSC was a must.

same for me, huge FG enthusiast with zero tolerance for added lag. I plan on getting a new pair of Asus 27" monitors. I wanna see how well a head to head setup would do with the OSSC.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
View attachment 48081

NICE!

I love the OSSC, running mine throught a Dell p2417h monitor and it has zero lag and looks phenomenal. Currently running my Sigma AV 7000 supergun and PCE supergrafx & super CD ROM 2 with this setup. One of the best purchases I've made.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
I visited my ex in Canada. St Leonard Montreal. Her uncle hooked me up with some stuff. Then found some stuff on Facebook market place on the cheap.

Still don't know how to embed so here's a link.
Pick ups https://imgur.com/gallery/8BSZg

When you are on imgur click on the image and copy where it says "BBCode (messages and forums) then paste and you will be good. Very nice pickups!

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object
Love my OSSC as well! Only have my CMVS running through it right now, but soon adding a SNES. Couldn't be happier with mine!

MetalSludge

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
Snagged this at Wal-Mart for 399.00. I normally would never buy a pre-built PC, but the deal was hard to pass up. I just threw a SSD in it tonight. I did a fresh install of Windows 10 to the SSD and wiped the standard HDD. Loads nice and fast. It should handle any of the 1080p gaming I want to do. Beats the hell out of my old PC I built back in 2010 :p

That one can get a VR-ready PC for only 400 these days is kind of shocking. Only a little more than a year ago, people were talking about just under a grand being the baseline for that. The times are a changing.

noir

Overtop Pathfinder
I visited my ex in Canada. St Leonard Montreal. Her uncle hooked me up with some stuff. Then found some stuff on Facebook market place on the cheap.

Still don't know how to embed so here's a link.
Pick ups https://imgur.com/gallery/8BSZg

Jesus. That's some incredible Saturn stuff. Just finished Magic Knight Rayearth last night, and currently on the hunt for Albert Odyssey.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Jesus. That's some incredible Saturn stuff. Just finished Magic Knight Rayearth last night, and currently on the hunt for Albert Odyssey.

So true! Legend of Oasis was such an eye-turner after its 30fps predecessor, congrats on that one, too.

embergabor

New Challenger
I should buy an OSSC too but I am too cheap for that. I usually buy the cheapest solutions and realize later that they are cheap for a reason. Then gradually upgrade to better stuff. Currently the OSSC costs as much as my PS4 Slim cost new. I cannot really justify that. Now I have a bunch of different converters and scalers to try out.
The most interesting is the chinese 8in1 HDMI converter. Since my new Sony tv doesn't have component input I decided to try this box. The specs said that the output resolution is the same as the input so no scaling, just digitizing and deinterlacing. Now the version I got is not like that. It has a constant 1080p output with no option to change it. The refresh rate is matched to the source so PAL games are 1080p50 NTSC games are 1080p60. So far I tried PS1 through composite, Wii through component and PS4 through HDMI. In my experience the 8in1 produces about the same quality upscaled image as the TV itself which is not bad but not an upgrade of course. I can still use it as an automatic multi av switcher. My biggest complaint is that it does not do HDMI passthrough so even a 1080p input is processed. If you have a TV that only has HDMI this thing is a cheap solution for connecting other sources. Otherwise avoid.
APC_0121k.jpg