Post Your Recent Purchases!

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Got this ultra gay Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon arcade board from Renmauzo. I've been wanting this game since I got an arcade cabinet, but due to one never being fs when I was actively looking for it I never managed to get one. Renmauzo definitely hooked me up on a deal for this game.

IMG_0587.JPGIMG_0589.JPG

Also got this bulbasaur chinpokomon pen, it looks pretty cool.

IMG_0597.JPG

Last edited:

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
God I hate that Sailor Moon game, I mean technically it's fine, and the important thing is that you like it, but gameplay wise it gets pretty old after a few levels without a whole lot to mix up the combat the way a lot of the classic beat em ups do. It's about on par with Simpsons but lacks the insanity of doing four player co-op

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
God I hate that Sailor Moon game, I mean technically it's fine, and the important thing is that you like it, but gameplay wise it gets pretty old after a few levels without a whole lot to mix up the combat the way a lot of the classic beat em ups do. It's about on par with Simpsons but lacks the insanity of doing four player co-op

A fair assessment, it isn't my favorite beat em up but for theming alone I like it. The game feels rushed as you do low damage without the infinite, no ending, some wonky hitboxes (it would be cool to see a hitbox viewer), and no real use for all the cool extra moves they put in (Jupiter has T.Hawks storm dive, Venus has Dhalsim Drill), and not being able to select the strength of your magic attack. Hitstun and throwing all work fine, you get invincibility when throwing and enemies can be thrown into one another. You can even change the direction of a knocked down enemy when throwing to switch sides with them too.

If they had more time it would've been cool to see them flesh out the characters more and make them unique and fix the damage problem.The one minor difference i've seen in characters is that they have different walk speeds, with Sailor Mercury being the fastest. It would be awesome to see Sailor Jupiter pile driver people and brainbuster (she can in the mega drive/snes beat em ups) instead of doing the standard bitch slap. The megadrive game even added street fighter esque style inputs for special moves, a shame they didn't do so for this game.So many creative things they could've done, but it is what it is.

Last edited:

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
Yehhhh, my bank account has already been raped, but did pick up the Last Blade jap for $250 with box... no too bad lol
He's right about the timing being bad but otherwise don't pay too much attention to what he's saying. He (as well as a few others) seems to be going through a midlife crisis and currently hates everyone who enjoys playing and ... god forbid ... buying videogames. Wouldn't surprise me if he owned more NEO GEO games than you do, though. Anyway, enjoy your console and game but take it slow. I too suggest to get a NeoSD instead of paying stupidly inflated prices on legit homecarts.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
He's right about the timing being bad but otherwise don't pay too much attention to what he's saying. He (as well as a few others) seems to be going through a midlife crisis and currently hates everyone who enjoys playing and ... god forbid ... buying videogames. Wouldn't surprise me if he owned more NEO GEO games than you do, though. Anyway, enjoy your console and game but take it slow. I too suggest to get a NeoSD instead of paying stupidly inflated prices on legit homecarts.

Here comes SuperGrumps!

xterc

n00b
I picked up 2 control panels, a MVS-2F & a 2 slot Marquee panel for $80 last weekend. I am currently in the process of restoring all of the items. The MVS-2F was first, here is a picture of the repaired tracks and replacement battery:

neo_trace2.jpg

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Odd looking control panel. What kind of buttons are those?

xterc

n00b
Here is a picture of one of the control panels hooked up to test the counter LEDs. This picture also shows the MVS-2F before the battery replacement. I will post a picture of the control panels once they are fully restored.

In addition to the NEO GEO stuff, there are a bunch of random boards I've picked up recently:

- Single Slot MVS (with Samurai Shodown)
- NAOMI with PiForce, NetDIMM, Capcom IO & PSU
- 2 Capcom CPS2 boards (Marvel Super Heros vs SF2 & Street Fighter Alpha).
- In the distance you can also see a complete hack of a SuperGun I put together (Jamma + Kick).
- Modified SFIV PS3 stick to work with my SuperGun

CP1.JPG

Last edited:

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
You should really keep your arcade stuff off of carpets. Otherwise, nice finds.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
A fair assessment, it isn't my favorite beat em up but for theming alone I like it. The game feels rushed as you do low damage without the infinite, no ending, some wonky hitboxes (it would be cool to see a hitbox viewer), and no real use for all the cool extra moves they put in (Jupiter has T.Hawks storm dive, Venus has Dhalsim Drill), and not being able to select the strength of your magic attack. Hitstun and throwing all work fine, you get invincibility when throwing and enemies can be thrown into one another. You can even change the direction of a knocked down enemy when throwing to switch sides with them too.

If they had more time it would've been cool to see them flesh out the characters more and make them unique and fix the damage problem.The one minor difference i've seen in characters is that they have different walk speeds, with Sailor Mercury being the fastest. It would be awesome to see Sailor Jupiter pile driver people and brainbuster (she can in the mega drive/snes beat em ups) instead of doing the standard bitch slap. The megadrive game even added street fighter esque style inputs for special moves, a shame they didn't do so for this game.So many creative things they could've done, but it is what it is.

The pros outweigh the cons, good grab, congrats. Now rush to the hermetically sealed chamber quick with that PCB, let's hope for the best.

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
I picked up this Gunbird in the recent past...finally getting a chance to try it out this weekend hopefully!

20170916_134127.jpg

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Sweet Gunbird. Congrats.

I'm looking for a Strikers 1945 PCB. Gotta love Psikyo

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Found some really odd things at a recycle store, a few things I list here aren't pictured:

WP_20170915_007.jpg

So what I can ascertain is the Gamedoctor 2 has the SuperGraphx module, Super Famicom,1 Megadrive DRAM version and 2 Megadrive SRAM versions, Gameboy, Gamegear hook ups/carts, and a Gamedoctor 2 back up board (for dumping) that has slots for PC Engine, Super Famicom and Megadrive. There's a 16M Dram module and a 8M Sram module. A PC Link for the MGD 2 is included with instructions

I also found a Honey Bee Genesis/Megadrive converter, a Honeybee SNES converter, and a MicroGenius 50-72 pin converter

There is a master module which is kind of like Sega Channel for the Atari 2600, but much earlier.

Also in the lot was tons of loose genesis/famicom boards, some have chips others don't..nothing prototypey, just booty lol.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
The MGD2 backup board is pretty rare, I haven't seen one of those since the 90's. The SGX adapter is angled IIRC, but you can use a regular PCE adapter in one if you remove the case. Twenty years ago that's a really impressive score, today just kinda cool to have. I sold off my MGD2 stuff years ago as even in the mid to late 90s it was surpassed by copiers with onscreen menus and that played nicely with multiple formats, the MGD2 is very specific. Either way, very cool to find that stuff!

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
The MGD2 backup board is pretty rare, I haven't seen one of those since the 90's. The SGX adapter is angled IIRC, but you can use a regular PCE adapter in one if you remove the case. Twenty years ago that's a really impressive score, today just kinda cool to have. I sold off my MGD2 stuff years ago as even in the mid to late 90s it was surpassed by copiers with onscreen menus and that played nicely with multiple formats, the MGD2 is very specific. Either way, very cool to find that stuff!

Totally, they are completely obsolete, but I never thought I would find something like this at a recycle center haha

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Totally, they are completely obsolete, but I never thought I would find something like this at a recycle center haha

Absolutely. I still remember how to use most of that stuff, let me know if you need help. In addition to file format it was also sensitive to how files were split.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Found some really odd things at a recycle store, a few things I list here aren't pictured:

Neat. I think it's interesting what you can find in the wild some times. Was the PC-Engine system there, too?

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Not really purchases, picked all these up for nothing yesterday in work doing a house move.
Saw these lying ontop of a bunch of rubbish bags that were going to the tip, i said to the customer, i think your sons left some of his games here, no he doesn't want then you can have them if you want them, does a brown bear shit in the woods lol.

20170918_164407.jpg

Last edited: