Post Your Recent Purchases!

bello

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
Sorry,thought it was your collection(:
Aaaah,you mean Metal slug 5 US with Classic insert?Is that the only game You're missing?
Haven't decide yet about selling it(:

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
suicidekiller said:
I hope someone told you the game sucks!?

I had never played SSV before but seen some gameplay and the game looked/looks great - I've only played it for about 1-2hrs and i'm quite enjoying it to be honest. I love the large sprites such as Kusaregedo and the combo's etc.

suicidekiller said:
BTW, nice collection. Do you have a full picture of that?

Thanks, you can only see a small part of it. I have 80 English AES releases - Sadly no decent picture though!

That Cover Art is pretty dope though.

Love the border around the main artwork, much prefer this cover to the Jpn cover.

Mine's even bigger :p

Would love to see what you have!

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Mine's even bigger :p

@RAZ: Yeah, but that's everything good the game has to offer. I really like Yuki's attempt to recreate SS3 and eradicate all the broken stuff from this uncut diamond. However, they miserably failed.

@bello: Nope, still missing the one game you have in your collection ;)

I agree, I think it's the worst game in the series. It kind of feels like a beta game of V Special. A very expensive beta of V special.

FBX

Quiz Detective
I agree, I think it's the worst game in the series. It kind of feels like a beta game of V Special. A very expensive beta of V special.

What are your thoughts V Special? In fact, what would your ranking of all the Sam-Sho titles be from best to worst?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
What are your thoughts V Special? In fact, what would your ranking of all the Sam-Sho titles be from best to worst?

This has been done a million times but I'll bite

1. Samsho 3 (I know most will put 2 in the 1st Spot)
2. Samsho 2
3. Samsho V Special
4. Samsho IV
5. Samsho
6. Samsho V

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member

Why not play the games and make a decision for your own? You know, spend sometime with them, there's so many inexpensive ways before you take the plunge with the homecarts.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
Sorry,thought it was your collection(:
Aaaah,you mean Metal slug 5 US with Classic insert?Is that the only game You're missing?
Haven't decide yet about selling it(:

Nope, I meant RotD ;)

Thanks, you can only see a small part of it. I have 80 English AES releases - Sadly no decent picture though!

Time to change it. Your last update has been quite a while ago.

Would love to see what you have!

Nah, I don't feel like it. Sorry.

They have put in quite a lot of good ideas in the game. Kudos for that, but the final touch is hilarious unfortunately. The concentration one feature is great albeit you can never use it. The backgrounds are a pure rip-off from SS3 and SS4 plus the new backgrounds are odd. The story in English mode is non-existent, thanks as I can't read Japanese. And the worst thing about this game is mid-boss Sankura Yorozu. I don't understand how this character could pass the QA of the game. Just a PITA to say the least.

After all I cannot recommend this game. There are better iterations out there and I agree this one is the worst on the Neo.

PS: Samurai Shodown 1 is the best for me ;)

FBX

Quiz Detective
Why not play the games and make a decision for your own? You know, spend sometime with them, there's so many inexpensive ways before you take the plunge with the homecarts.

Just curious to see what people think, upon which I will compare and contrast with my own view on them. Your point would basically mean movie reviews are not important either, but we do have them, and they are quite common. It's just to get a consensus of general opinion.

And not to worry about access. I've got a NeoSD. :-)

Last edited:

FBX

Quiz Detective
They aren't unless you're impressionable.

You don't base your opinion on them of course, but rather instead you decide if you disagree with the points being made, or maybe you find an aspect others may have overlooked, or maybe you find out about something you didn't appreciate before. As I said, it's a compare and contrast type of thing. You can of course be completely oblivious to what anyone anyone else has as far as opinions go, but it's not really fair to expect everyone to be that way.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Almost every new member makes a tell me thread rather than search for an existing one or asks questions like you have.

Since you have a neosd, play games and tell us which you like best or is your favorite of a series. People will argue for or against your viewpoint which is far more interesting than a tell me what to play post.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Just curious to see what people think, upon which I will compare and contrast with my own view on them. Your point would basically mean movie reviews are not important either, but we do have them, and they are quite common. It's just to get a consensus of general opinion.

And not to worry about access. I've got a NeoSD. :-)

There are threads you can SEARCH for with that info. I even think there's a poll thread somewhere, so yeah I see your point, if you're that type of guy that needs to be told what's good and bad to compare or whatever. When it comes to games a general consensus is cool and all, but there are plenty of games that people don't like and they turn out to be great.

Take for example SS4, lots of people hate it, fuck them, the game is awesome! A different system that brings something new to the SS series, why not? Get zany with that combo fest!

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
I would keep it Die hard - the decals and artwork for the Titan cabs are tough to source.

First order of business should be to replace the sticks and buttons. In mine I was able to install JLWs and convex Sanwa's. You may need to drill the holes a bit bigger for the pushbuttons to fit.

A sponge and some Simple Green will clean that cab right up.

In case you ever need to move it again: All of the weight for that cab is in that diamond plate. It unscrews from the cab easily and its not as difficult to lift and move the cab once it's off. The plastic is deceptively light even with the monitor and power supply still inside.

Not many people realize this, and I don't remember seeing it in the manual, but the coin mechs are common(?) (wired as one). I desoldered the wires from one of the mechs and wired it to a pushbutton for the pandora.

Thats a great Sega cab - lots of real estate on that CP.

Definitely going the Sanwa JLW route for the sticks, but going IL with the pushbuttons. Know which octagonal gate I should use for the JLW? Also none of the buttons/sticks work, so I think it might be a loose ground connection with them. Also hoping my Die Hard board works. I got the board off a guy on CL sometime last year but never had any way to test it. Now I have the cab to match it. Also thinking of just putting some caster wheels under the diamond plate. Not sure yet though.

you know they make 2-wheel dollies to move things around instead of 2 gorillas.

We had one with us, but they wanted to take a goofy picture with it. :lolz:

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
I just use the stock square gate - that's what I'm used to, and I can just rotate it to make it a 4-way for classic games.

I'll have to take a look around then. I know Salvio had his 3D printed, but I don't know if the ones available on ParadiseArcade are the right ones to use for JLWs. They say they work with JLF sticks, but is it a big difference between the JLW and JLF as far as gates go?

acblunden2

Rugal's Thug
Picked up the Die Hard cab that Acblunden was selling on here. Looks like a good project for me. Might keep it as Die Hard, I might convert it to a Skycurser cab. Couple of my friends were helping me and wanted to take a goofy picture when we got it unloaded lol.

I found the back monitor panel. So will hand that over when I see you next. Enjoy that cab man. Wish I didn't have so many projects, I'd have kept that cab for sure.

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
I found the back monitor panel. So will hand that over when I see you next. Enjoy that cab man. Wish I didn't have so many projects, I'd have kept that cab for sure.

Awesome! Glad to hear that. I'd love to come back sometime to play some of your cabs once you have them up and running, man! Should be a fun project for me once my Big Red is finished. I'm hoping the Darksoft ST-V multicarts get a restock sometime in the near future. I think some games need an extra board added to the ST-V board, but I'm not sure.

NoAffinity

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I'll have to take a look around then. I know Salvio had his 3D printed, but I don't know if the ones available on ParadiseArcade are the right ones to use for JLWs. They say they work with JLF sticks, but is it a big difference between the JLW and JLF as far as gates go?
Yes, jlw screw on. Jlf snap on. Completely different.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

elGRIZZbo

Mr. Big's Thug
Just $10 with free shipping.

fQzlxft.jpg

For years I've been hearing how good of a party game this is. Gonna give it a shot next time my friends come over for retro fighting game night.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Just $10 with free shipping.

fQzlxft.jpg

For years I've been hearing how good of a party game this is. Gonna give it a shot next time my friends come over for retro fighting game night.

Finally, a respectable post in this thread. $10 shipped is a pretty good price.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
The sole reason madman is giving you praise for your post it's 'cause it involves a N64 cart. It could have been any game, he's a fanboy to the end. In fact his fanboism is so strong he's not even aware you are a serial pedostach.