Post Your Recent Purchases!

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
I haven't bought shit in awhile, other than some LRG vita games. I need to get scooping in the market here. brb.

gtmartini

Rugal's Thug
The SNES controller is not garbage. My hands have always been big and I NEVER had any propblem pressing the "L" button, never heard any of this garbage about the controller before, honestly.

Don't like to use the shoulders? Then re-map the buttons. Honestly, there are so many other options that size and difficulty of use are irrelevant nowadays.

P.S. Learn to multi-quote.

Just as told (and you said is garbage) about the problem with shoulder buttons, here is the picture from official Nintendo players guide. Probably you never had problem with it because you only had SNES and not a 6 button genesis to compare with.
I took some time to get it because It was hard to find, it seems fanboys are deleting the page showing this. Thankfully I had a copy in my PC.
Killer instinct I hard to press button.png

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Just as told (and you said is garbage) about the problem with shoulder buttons, here is the picture from official Nintendo players guide...

I still don't see what the problem is. Do you not have an index finger? Is it too mentally taxing for you to hold a controller and use you thumb AND index finger? And did you miss the paragraph above that where it says "...[the buttons] can be changed to suit personal preferences"?

Game manuals were written to assume that the people playing these games were either children, mongoloids, or you.

Probably you never had problem with it because you only had SNES and not a 6 button genesis to compare with.

I had a Genesis LOOOONG before a Super Nintendo, but it still makes no difference.

Like I said, there are so many more options out there to replace the controller that arguing this point is meaningless.

gtmartini

Rugal's Thug
I still don't see what the problem is. Do you not have an index finger? Is it too mentally taxing for you to hold a controller and use you thumb AND index finger? And did you miss the paragraph above that where it says "...[the buttons] can be changed to suit personal preferences"?

Game manuals were written to assume that the people playing these games were either children, mongoloids, or you.

I had a Genesis LOOOONG before a Super Nintendo, but it still makes no difference.

Like I said, there are so many more options out there to replace the controller that arguing this point is meaningless.

Well It sems you can't understand. May I drawn it to you? You can't argue with something known for most and even from who are the owner of the hardware. They know the deficiency, and if you don't have a problem with it maybe is because you may have a deformity that fits well in this controller. For FIGHTING games it considered by the MOST people that the 6 face button is the best, may you be one of that don't fix in it but it is a fact.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Only problem I've had with some SNES controllers is the L/R buttons sometimes missing an input, which usually can be attributed to the rubber inside needing cleaning/not compressing/decompressing fast enough due to age.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
LOL, no way in hell any Genesis pad is better than the SNES pad. It's a precision fucking scalpel of a pad.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
LOL, no way in hell any Genesis pad is better than the SNES pad. It's a precision fucking scalpel of a pad.

The 6 button Genny and Saturn pads shit on any other controller pad known to existence.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Give him a brake, he's one of them Brazilian collectards...they think they're hot...nothing but weak sauce, specially this one.

I will say this; Saturn Pad > SNES pad...however 6 buttons all controlled with one finger...personally I hate pads for fighting games but if I have to use them... like having 2 buttons on the right shoulder, it leaves one finger for 4 buttons and another one for 2, got all your bases covered that way...Logitech Precision, finest pad I've ever gotten.

41OmnjjFN0L._SX466_.jpg

There's also a wireless version of it but with analogue shticks...still the same decent D-pad architecture, which is pretty fine engineering if you ask me...rubber contacts with springs, very solid piece instead of a floppy mess, karou approved.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
The snes pad is a great controller but the only issue I have with it is for fighting games. If you have your HP on left Shoulder and HK on right shoulder I always find it some what of a pain in the ass to pull off specials with left thumb on the dpad and index finger on left trigger of course. Never had a problem with the PS2 controller because I could set HP to right front trigger and HK to right back trigger. I suck at fighting games anyways but just saying.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
I guess it is what you grew up with as well, to this day playing fighting games with shoulder buttons is more comfortable than with 6 face buttons to me. Obviously I can use either, but I'd choose shoulder buttons.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I think the SNES pad is perfect for what it's meant to be except for fighting games, I'm sure there are some people that can be proficient with it, I'll never be one of them.

Best pad ever...Neo Geo CD...the PlayStation Neo hardware was pretty good too but the clicky pad isn't as nice as the original Neo CD clicky pad, those pads are the best, except for the button layout which is pretty dumb but we already got something to work around that ;)

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
What is about the Genny 6 Button or Saturn Pad that you don't like?

I know you asked Wyo here but while I like both the Genny and the Saturn 6 button pads, they don't have enough weight for me and feel a tad on the flimsy side. The D pad could be better as well.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
The 6 button Genny and Saturn pads shit on any other controller pad known to existence.

You trippin' on a number of levels. N64 controller > Genny 6 button. SNES controller > Genny 6 button. Saturn mk2 pad...pretty damn good though.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Saturn pad is my favourite, but there's nothing wrong with the 6 button MD or the snes pad (especially good for playing smash tv), i'm not a fighting game fan, so no comment from me on playing street fighter games with these pads.
Less said about the n64 controller the better, GC controller is pretty sweet though when you get used to it, ninty got that one right along with the dogbone.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
What is about the Genny 6 Button or Saturn Pad that you don't like?

D-pad is not as accurate. Buttons are too small/close together so I often hit the wrong one. The SNES controller isn't big either but I never have that problem with it. SNES pad build quality is also superior.