Post Your Recent Purchases!

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Remind me I bought this game brand new along with two 6-button controllers when it first release............$99 for the game and $49 each for controller!!!

Also remember SFC Street Fighter II was charging $129 from almost all import stores..

So... If you have a 6-button PCE controller, this plays like normal Street Fighter II?

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Recently got back from my trip to Japan, where i got engaged. That was probably the best moment of the trip, but here are a bunch of smaller good moments i came across and picked up.

First up is the big purchase. A Vega Jr. controlbox (supergun) I've been wanting to dabble in arcade games for awhile now. I took my first step awhile back with my Neo Geo big red, and like many have said it sure is a slippery slope.

This thing is a beast and I love it. Got seimitsu buttons and LS30 semitsu sticks. They all feel great, and the build quality is top notch.

Couldn't get the awesome supergun without getting at least one game to play. So i picked up one that i have enjoyed playing casually (will really learn the game now) Great Mahou Daisakusen.....DIMAHOO!!!

Picked up a CPS2A board as well (cracked plastic in shipping, still works fine) it came with the marquee as well and arcade instructions

Nice supergun and one of the best shooters of all time, happens to be my favorite and also the game that made me get into arcade hardware. Congrats on getting engaged too.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Thanks Chempop. The game is really great. I could see why people would consider it their favorite shooter. Right now i'm focusing on trying to beat the game on as little credits as i can. right now i can get to stage 4 without much issues. But the bosses in this game are brutal. Trying not to collect items right now as i don't want to effect the rank. So i only use charge on bosses right now. They are still a pain in the ass.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Getting to stage 4 is good! However, to get both extends from points you are going to need to score a bit. Another positive thing about a mild rank increase, is that bullets move faster. There are a few late game sections where this actually HELPS by allowing for the screen to clutter less often. I suggest going for shoes and food sets, to get a X3 multiplier going. It’s okay to get medals, as long as you aren’t completing SETS, rank should stay relatively low.

ALSO, if you aren’t aware yet, there are 4 secret characters to select by inputting this code AFTER you insert a credit (so don’t play on ‘free-play’): Up Up Left Down Down Right A B A B A Start

Golden and Birthday are really OP, I’ve only 1CCed the game with Birthday, her bomb is broken.

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Some recent goodies. I'm especially happy to have a Pulstar cartridge - I've wanted one of these for a long time.

IMG_9337.jpgIMG_9445.jpg

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Rise of the Dragon is my favorite SegaCD title.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Getting to stage 4 is good! However, to get both extends from points you are going to need to score a bit. Another positive thing about a mild rank increase, is that bullets move faster. There are a few late game sections where this actually HELPS by allowing for the screen to clutter less often. I suggest going for shoes and food sets, to get a X3 multiplier going. It’s okay to get medals, as long as you aren’t completing SETS, rank should stay relatively low.

ALSO, if you aren’t aware yet, there are 4 secret characters to select by inputting this code AFTER you insert a credit (so don’t play on ‘free-play’): Up Up Left Down Down Right A B A B A Start

Golden and Birthday are really OP, I’ve only 1CCed the game with Birthday, her bomb is broken.

Thanks for the tips. I have tried some of the extra characters. I hear great things about Birthday's bomb. Right now i'm using Gremlin, as he just does so much damage. Allows me to clear bosses quicker. So as long as i don't complete sets i should be okay with rank. to increase the multiplier i need items, but do i need to complete a set to increase it? If so, im guessing i should just try and complete food and shoe sets early on, that way i can get the extend?

city41

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Nice supergun and one of the best shooters of all time, happens to be my favorite and also the game that made me get into arcade hardware. Congrats on getting engaged too.

Yo chempop, I understand the English release of Dimahoo is easier than the Japan release? Any truth to that?

congrats on the engagement munchiaz! And welcome to the brutal brutal world of raizing shmups.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Yo chempop, I understand the English release of Dimahoo is easier than the Japan release? Any truth to that?

congrats on the engagement munchiaz! And welcome to the brutal brutal world of raizing shmups.

Thanks city41. Enjoying the Raizing ride

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Finally got a supergun, after much debate on which way to go or build myself I ended up with a HAS supergun, this device is amazing! RGB only though but that's ok with me.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
That freaking Pulstar. Where are people buying these? I can't find one for shit.

Same here
People keep saying "I bought it from other forums" "Just got a deal from someone here...."
I have yet seen any Pulstar cart for sale since early this year...........

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Same here
People keep saying "I bought it from other forums" "Just got a deal from someone here...."

Didn't you see the Pulstar kit for sale in the Market?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Same here

I swear dude yet it keeps popping up on this thread like it's raining Pulstar's.