Post Your Recent Purchases!

NewNeoOwner

Quiz Detective
Whew that's kind of a relief. Elsewhere on the forum I mentioned I just picked up a few games I was hunting for. Neo Bomberman, Shock Troopers, and Prehistoric Isle 2. There were no internal pics which probably kept bidders away and prices down ($46, $70, $80, free shipping). Something about the labels told me to bid anyway. Bomberman was the one I was suspicious about. Well they arrived and evidently I nailed it. Bomberman is a boot (Intel flash chips and the windowed kind) but the other 2 are real.

I might contact the seller to see what they say. Last time I bought a Puzzle Bobble 2 that arrived with a broken board and that seller gave me a partial refund.

Now I see they have another game I need and I'm not sure if my luck will keep up.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I've taken a gamble on ebay on some carts that were rare and cheap since there was no way of telling if it were a boot or not. More often than not I got the real deal at a bargain.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Same here. You can tell a lot from the cart label and the wording in the auction. It pays to gamble as long as you're not paying anywhere close to market value.

Whew that's kind of a relief. Elsewhere on the forum I mentioned I just picked up a few games I was hunting for. Neo Bomberman, Shock Troopers, and Prehistoric Isle 2. There were no internal pics which probably kept bidders away and prices down ($46, $70, $80, free shipping). Something about the labels told me to bid anyway. Bomberman was the one I was suspicious about. Well they arrived and evidently I nailed it. Bomberman is a boot (Intel flash chips and the windowed kind) but the other 2 are real.

I might contact the seller to see what they say. Last time I bought a Puzzle Bobble 2 that arrived with a broken board and that seller gave me a partial refund.

Now I see they have another game I need and I'm not sure if my luck will keep up.

I'd ask for some sort of refund on that bootleg Neo Bomberman. No boot is worth more than $10-20 (contrary to what some people pay for bootleg TSS and Pulstar carts on this forum).

NewNeoOwner

Quiz Detective
That's what I saw. There was a glint of the holo label on Shock so I knew that was likely to be legit. PI2 had scratched serials so I assumed official label. Sure it could have been anything inside the carts but the gamble paid off. Trouble is I don't yet know what market value is for all these games. I gotta go by how often I see it available and what the bids are when it nears the end. You guys know what's truly rare.

I'm going to once I see if it even works. I'll still be able to play it so it depends on whether they offer credit or want it returned for a full refund. If they ignore me I suppose I can write to Paypal.

thisisbrix

n00b
Hi, all! Just wanted to post the finds of last weekend! I'm new to this hobby, but I'll do my best to contribute here and there!

I drove from Syracuse NY to Southern Pennsylvania to pick up a 2-slot MVS. The seller was awesome. Even brewed me a cup of coffee from his coffee-roasting side business!

KN9sMfo.jpg

VvPSDrr.jpg

It came with Samurai Shodown IV, Puzzle Bobble, and the pile of soggy cunt that is Metal Slug 4. But I've got a MS1 kit comin' in the mail to make up for it. I paid 475 for it altogether, which seems cheap compared to most cabs I see for sale in the Northeast area. It works absolutely wondefully, although the monitor is the slightest bit blurry!

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Hi, all! Just wanted to post the finds of last weekend! I'm new to this hobby, but I'll do my best to contribute here and there!

I drove from Syracuse NY to Southern Pennsylvania to pick up a 2-slot MVS. The seller was awesome. Even brewed me a cup of coffee from his coffee-roasting side business!

KN9sMfo.jpg

VvPSDrr.jpg

It came with Samurai Shodown IV, Puzzle Bobble, and the pile of soggy cunt that is Metal Slug 4. But I've got a MS1 kit comin' in the mail to make up for it. I paid 475 for it altogether, which seems cheap compared to most cabs I see for sale in the Northeast area. It works absolutely wondefully, although the monitor is the slightest bit blurry!

Duder you need to change your avatar, you are no Smokehouse

thisisbrix

n00b
HA! I'm sorry, I knew this would happen when I picked one. I will humbly go change it, do share if my second choice also offends.

thisisbrix

n00b
Thank you! I'm hoping the games I've got so far will be enough to hold me off before my primal urge to collect kicks in. College textbooks sorta fucking suck the life out of a guy's paycheck.

NewNeoOwner

Quiz Detective
Seconded on the cab. The games are a bonus if you got a fully working cab for that much. Doesn't look beat up either.

I'd ask for some sort of refund on that bootleg Neo Bomberman. No boot is worth more than $10-20 (contrary to what some people pay for bootleg TSS and Pulstar carts on this forum).

To follow up on my situation I contacted the seller and can tell this is going to be a challenge. English is not his native language. Something about it being an 'offer cart'. I also inquired about the other game, asked for pics and his reply was 'I only have one copy'. Oh boy...

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I'd go straight to eBay at this point. They don't fuck around with boots.

marcio1986

Cheng's Errand Boy

Cab looks pretty well preserved. How I wish I had space for one :( the jealousy is killing me :p

NewNeoOwner

Quiz Detective
I'd go straight to eBay at this point. They don't fuck around with boots.

That's my safety net. I said it works so that's about as far as I'm getting. Still, 2 out of 3 were good. And although I'll probably attract extra bidders by saying this I'm chasing a $45 shmup that may or may not be legit. If I play nice for now I can settle the boot later. The deadline is 45 days correct?

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Hey guys, just wanted to show my fifth MVS game, got it for 50 euros (I think it was a pretty good deal). It didn't come with the label sadly, but you guys might know which game is by looking at the board :p

Spoiler:

100_0778_zps8767294a.jpg

100_0779_zps5607912c.jpg

100_0780_zps224545c5.jpg

Damn! Congrats on the find, that is an absolute steal!

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Very nice. I got a steal with TSS as a SNKG white cart as well. The seller didn't think it was legit and priced it so.

marcio1986

Cheng's Errand Boy
Damn! Congrats on the find, that is an absolute steal!
Thanks, but I'm afraid of getting caught by the cops, I don't wanna get butt raped in jail :p

Very nice. I got a steal with TSS as a SNKG white cart as well. The seller didn't think it was legit and priced it so.
I have to admit, when I saw the white SNKG cart I thought it was a boot, as I said its just my fifth game and its the first time I ever saw a cart like this. What a relief when I opened the cart :)

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
Traded a couple of my Neo Geo games and I got these on monday,

10494744_827006910645757_29925999417636476_n.jpg

and then I picked up this like-new PS1 arcade stick from a thrift store today for a little more than $8.

10448835_829056490440799_1700018555139250383_n.jpg10408034_829056590440789_2582118423402649715_n.jpg

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Found this bundle at a thrift store today. Been a long time since i've found anything good at a thrift store. Got the psone bundle for $24