post some good ds games

evil son

Bead Banger
hey just got me a ds for the 3rd time been out of the loop lately
was wondering if you guys can help a brother out.
what are some good games out there for this system i like all kinds it dont matter im a gamer so im up for anything.right now i have children of mana which im killing right now that an the world ends with you.i have nano stray which is awsome (i hear theres a sequel out for that) what games u recomend me get for this system?

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
I'll list all the games I've played and enjoyed:

Clubhouse Games
Hotel Dusk
Izuna 1 and Izuna 2
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Lost in Blue (Can get a bit repetitive after you upgrade all your furniture)
Metroid Prime Pinball
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney series
Polarium
Puyo Pop Fever
Space Invaders Extreme
Super Mario 64 DS
Tetris
Trace Memory
Warioware Touched!

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
There are so many good DS games that it would almost be easier to just list what to avoid.

Everything Bok mentioned is great, and I will add the Square Enix games, especially FFIV.

Both Advance Wars titles are great, as well.

Contra IV, Mystery Dungeon, and if you like a really hard old school dungeon crawl, Etrian Odyssey 2 is currently beating the shit out of me.

Really, go to the store, close your eyes, choose a random game and there's like a 1 in 2 chance it will be an A+ title.

evil son

Bead Banger
There are so many good DS games that it would almost be easier to just list what to avoid.

Everything Bok mentioned is great, and I will add the Square Enix games, especially FFIV.

Both Advance Wars titles are great, as well.

Contra IV, Mystery Dungeon, and if you like a really hard old school dungeon crawl, Etrian Odyssey 2 is currently beating the shit out of me.

Really, go to the store, close your eyes, choose a random game and there's like a 1 in 2 chance it will be an A+ title.
true...ive noticed that i have dqiv on pre prder but i want more i swear ds has alot of old school greatness for me im a look into that list hehe ill prolly have all those titiles by the end of this week .sup wityh the castlevanias tho? i cant find those anywhere;i want protrait of ruin n aria of sorrow

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
true...ive noticed that i have dqiv on pre prder but i want more i swear ds has alot of old school greatness for me im a look into that list hehe ill prolly have all those titiles by the end of this week .sup wityh the castlevanias tho? i cant find those anywhere;i want protrait of ruin n aria of sorrow

It's been from my experience that you really have to buy the Castlevania games upon first release. Konami did reprint Dawn of Sorrow once as a Konami Best title, but even that quickly dried up. Wish I could help you, but I sold off my US Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow when I got the JPN version that contained more voice samples and sound effects.

dark penguin

you mean Dawn of Sorrow? Aria is a GBA title. Both great games.

Dawn of Sorrow and Portrait of Ruin are both still out there. I saw them at an EB about a month ago, although Dawn was the reprint.

Seriously, if you like old school adventure games, pick up Mystery Dungeon and some of the recent Atlus releases.

I also have From the Abyss coming in the mail soon...it appears to be a retro-styled action RPG, maybe a bit like the Mana series. We'll see how that is.

evil son

Bead Banger
yeah i love that old school shit i grew up on.i been to ebgames/gamestop an havent had the luck in findin a copy of either castlevanias. but im def look into from the abyss an mystery dugeon i ight cop those this week when dq iV come out

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Bangai-O Spirits is my game of the year 2008, and Contra 4 was my GOTY 2007.

And I found the first Nanostray boring, but I love the sequel. Plus, it's only $20 now.

yeah i love that old school shit i grew up on.those this

Then theres no reason why you shouldn't pick up Contra 4, it's simply one of the best DS games out and one of my favorite games of last year. The DS Castlevania games are fun if you're a fan of the series. Also try out Dragon Quest: Rocket Slime if you get it for a good price, fun little game. But yeah...CONTRA 4!

evil son

Bead Banger
im already on that contra 4 that sucker is insanely hard but so much fun:buttrock:

that from the abyss looks hot is it out in the states yet?

evil son

Bead Banger
that list up there is awsome thx for the link.ds game collecting is addictive reminds me of my neo-geo aes collecting days

dark penguin

Well, I just got From The Abyss in the mail today.

Looks pretty good...can't wait to give it a shot.