Post a Pic of your CMVS, AES or Neo CD............

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder
Sometimes it depends on the type of backup ram used. Most of them use the extra low power variant and do fine with a coin cell battery. Some of them use standard power chips (not just repair, factory too) and are best suited to having a rechargeable battery.

This.
Best thing is to do what you already said, man.
Stick a coin in there and see how it goes.
If it lasts weeks, as both of my fully functional MV-1C based CMVS machines do, you can swap up.

Edit:
I wonder what the minimum voltage required by the ram is. How far can it drop without getting amnesia.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Oy, that's right. Most of the initial SNK run used low power BRAM, on the additional runs/new channel they used whatever they could get. But there was even some big differences with the low power BRAM. I remember the Samsung BRAM having way more power dissipation than the Hitachi/Winbond/Toshiba etc.

Usually for most BRAM it's 2.0v for memory retention.

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder
Oy, that's right. Most of the initial SNK run used low power BRAM, on the additional runs/new channel they used whatever they could get. But there was even some big differences with the low power BRAM. I remember the Samsung BRAM having way more power dissipation than the Hitachi/Winbond/Toshiba etc.

Usually for most BRAM it's 2.0v for memory retention.

Ah good, thanks man.
I was hoping it was a over 1.7 cos that's where my little voltage gauge bottoms out :)

MidnightAbyss

Mr. Big's Thug
DSCN0623.JPG

Here's mine. Fairly simple and it works for me. I only have about $150 into everything too. Not nearly as nice as a lot of the ones here but I'm pretty damn proud because I made most of it myself. My grandfather is the wood worker so I had him help me with the controller. The controller wiring is only temporary by the way. Yeah, it's pretty sketchy but it works for the moment. Going to get some artwork for the controller to replace the blue stuff I used as a placeholder. The MVS is mounted on a scrap piece of redwood in case you're wondering.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
If you need just a headphone amp, I'd go with Fiio.
If you need both speaker and headphone amplifier I'd go with any of the TPA3116 amp from china: their quality/price ratio can't be beaten, really. They pack some serious "oomph" and great quality at a very modest price.
Thanks for the hints. I checked out FiiO years ago and liked their products, seems they've gotten a lot cheaper - will do some research, this seems like the solution I'm looking for. Hadn't heard about the TPA3116 before... seems I have been out of the loop for too long.

I done tinkered with my Omega.
Spoiler:
nicely done! I didn't know there were ram types that drain CR2032s faster, this solution is the way to go. perfectly executed, too.

lookin good!

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder
nicely done! I didn't know there were ram types that drain CR2032s faster, this solution is the way to go. perfectly executed, too.

Thanks man. Battery gauge is a little ocd I admit, but it keeps me quiet :)

nam9

Zero's Secretary
Just finished up a Controller Pro mod to pair with my CMVS.
Stock stick with Seimitsu buttons and a ball top. Been done plenty times before, but this one is mine :)

DSC01829.JPGDSC01831.JPG

Last edited:

mikey

Marked Wolf
Hey nam9, that CMVS looks incredible. Get's my attention every time. Well done, sir.

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
I am going to do my bean up like that one, really nice looking shit nam9.

Anyone have a link to a bean stick modding guide? I looked around on JNX but couldn't find anything.

Last edited:

nam9

Zero's Secretary
Cheers for the comments guys :)
Buttons were PS-14-DN 24mm screw-ins.
I had to wrap a section of plastic zip-tie around them to centre the buttons.
Fiddly, but made for a perfect fit.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I agree, good stuff Nam. Both the cmvs and stick look great.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
All these modded kidney sticks make me want to buy one and try it out for myself. So many mixed opinions on that controller.

Phexe

Quiz Detective
Mine's nothing special but I re-arranged and cleaned my Game room the other night, still looking for a decent Scart switch :'(

JVGM807.jpg

And my Madcatz WWE Brawlstick converted to a Neo Stick;

sfnirGa.jpg

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
nice DMC-12 collection... I was thinking about buying a model to put on top of my PVM as well... but it's just become such a Cliché :D

//EDIT: Nice stick indeed. All you need is some art.

Last edited:

MidnightAbyss

Mr. Big's Thug
I saw you're thread on that stick. I might have to do that to make my second one. A few post up is the wood one with a plexi top I made. I love the way it came out but it was such a pain in the ass. I don't think I want to go through with it again.