portable neo geo

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
This might just be the dumbest thing said in this thread, which given that the original post is stupid as all hell is quite a feat.
I can't see what's dumb about saying a cab is not portable. I guess most things are portable, in the sense that it's possible to move them. But I don't think it's practical to move a cab, whenever you want to play it in another location.
To some people, portable would mean that you can take it with you, and if it had batteries, you wouldn't have to plug it into mains power.

Last edited:

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
You need this

car-battery-2.jpg

and this

GP300.jpg

and this

MV-1C_Motherboard.jpg

and this

Sega_astro_city_candy_cab.jpg

It has wheels goddamnit, its portable.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
You need this

and this

and this

and this

It has wheels goddamnit, its portable.
There would be other places you could take a cab, that would have a mains power point.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
This might just be the dumbest thing said in this thread, which given that the original post is stupid as all hell is quite a feat.

Joe8 is a master at his craft. Get out your paper and pencil Mehguy, time take notes on how it's done.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
I can't imagine anyone actually playing that CMVS that Ben Heck made, having the cartridge slot facing down on the back like that would be awful. Not that there is really an easy solution for that.

aaronjmill

Zero's Secretary
I can't imagine anyone actually playing that CMVS that Ben Heck made, having the cartridge slot facing down on the back like that would be awful. Not that there is really an easy solution for that.

the way the 1 slot board is with the carts parallel to the board, it could be feasible. but to use a portable made out of a stock board would require some pretty large hands.

Moria/the man

New Challenger
I'd like to see something from SNK Playmore... I'd be so all over it. I was real excited about the....... NeoGeoX I bought two blindly thinking it would help SNK and that I would be getting a good product.
I love my NPC though!
Say, now that we are on a portable subject. If there are any that do those portable homebrew/kickstarter handhelds or even the Nvidia Shield, do any of you have a preference for playing emulation of the NEOGEO?
I've been Trying to figure this out for a while and cant decide. I think I was going to go with the shield then I saw this....
15_Xperia_Z3_Tablet_Compact_PS4_Black.0.jpg
Any thoughts or ideas?
BTW I'd totally buy an MVS "portable" :buttrock:

Moria/the man

New Challenger

I agree ! That's the only thing that would stop me. I bet someone from this forum could make a good one. :P no joke