Popular movies/TV you haven't seen

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I'll add Friends to my list since Rot brought it up. It used to play on airplanes all the time back in the early 2000s but even stuck in a plane I never watched a full episode.

Parks and Rec is great, one of the best comedies to come along in quite some time. It doesn't take too long to understand the characters personalities so it's pretty easy to get up to speed on it. Ron fuckin' Swanson.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
This girl kills me, that's what drove me to watch it the most, loved her character.

rs-111572-d1af197123ad682d09a74ffd2da9e2dd6a9da419.jpg

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
A lot of tv shows, lost, got, sons of anarchy, etc. I'm not going to sit there and watch 3 or 4 seasons.

Rot mentioned titanic, I don't want to watch a drama on a sinking ship. A documentary about the Titanic maybe.

Twilight films, Potter, ET, new Star Trek remakes, anything my gf suggests...that's nap time. I'll say okay and 5 minutes in, I'm asleep. ;)

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yeah, I fall asleep pretty quick watching just about anything be it at home or the theater. It's kinda embarrassing a bit when invited to watch some movie and falling asleep, shitty guest IMHO, I try to stay awake but if something doesn't grab my attention on the screen, nap time is sure to follow.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Yeah, I fall asleep pretty quick watching just about anything be it at home or the theater. It's kinda embarrassing a bit when invited to watch some movie and falling asleep, shitty guest IMHO, I try to stay awake but if something doesn't grab my attention on the screen, nap time is sure to follow.

5322750127_26b07ddbfb_b.jpg

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Shows:

House of Cards
The Wire
Mad Men
Narcos
Downton Abbey
Arrow, Flash..... Really any of the comic shows.
Heroes

Movies:

Godfather Movies (Goddamnit I will fix this soon)
Guardians of the Galaxy
Iron Man movies
Numerous classic horror movies that I should start watching.

There are more for sure, but those came up right away

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I don't get the love for Princess Bride.

Time and place man. You had to be there.

It's a lot like Mel Brook's comedies. They feel like white guy jokes, but that's why they were funny at the time.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Time and place man. You had to be there.

It's a lot like Mel Brook's comedies. They feel like white guy jokes, but that's why they were funny at the time.

was mel brooks supposed to coopt black and asian jokes?

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Breaking Bad
Wire
Xfiles
Oz
Prison break
It's always sunny
Park n recreation
Green arrow
Flash

Movies

Alien
Blade runner
Shining
2001 space odessye
Friday 13th movies

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
M*A*S*H.
The Americans
ER
Prison Break
Star Trek. New series, old series, whatever. Not a single episode.
Arrested Development
Parks And Recreation
Doctor Who
Friends
Twin Peaks
Lost
The X-Files
The Shield
The Sopranos
Deadwood
The Wire
Sons Of Anarchy
None of the Comic/Superhero stuff

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Maybe you guys should watch some TV instead of buying old videogame crap.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
This all just scratches the surface, and is based on looking at some "best of..." lists. I hardly ever watch movies or TV.

Movies I have never seen:
Casa Blanca
Citizen Kane
Gone with the Wind
Any of the Lord of the Rings movies
Any of the Harry Potter movies
2001: A Space Odyssey (tried but fell asleep)
Fight Club
Titanic
A Clockwork Orange
Goodfellas
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Good Will Hunting
Blade Runner
Any Terminator movie after T2
The Force Awakens
Rogue One
Memento
Any of the Bourne movies
Almost Famous
No Country for Old Men
The Hurt Locker
There Will Be Blood
Slumdog Millionaire
The Kill Bill movies
Inglorious Basterds
American History X
Sin City
Requiem for a Dream
Any of the X-Men movies

TV Shows I've never seen a full episode of:
Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones
Mad Men
Sons of Anarchy
The Wire
Parks & Recreation
Entourage
Lost
Twin Peaks
House of Cards
Eastbound and Down
Oz
Mystery Science Theater 3000
Dr. Who
Battlestar Galactica (new or old)
The Walking Dead
Six Feet Under
Criminal Minds
Any of the "CSI" shows
Orange is the New Black
Arrested Development
Friday Night Lights
Deadwood
The West Wing
Freaks & Geeks

Maybe you guys should watch some TV instead of buying old videogame crap.

I'd prefer to do something marginally interactive, rather than just sit and stare at a screen.

johhnnyD14

Hardened Shock Trooper
of the movies you listed I'd say the only ones you really should watch are:
-citizen kane
-goodfellas
-inglorious bastards

you could live without having seen any of the other ones (especially the harry potter movies) but those are the ones that are must-sees

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
of the movies you listed I'd say the only ones you really should watch are:
-citizen kane
-goodfellas
-inglorious bastards

you could live without having seen any of the other ones (especially the harry potter movies) but those are the ones that are must-sees

I had heard that a whole bunch with regard to Citizen Kane. Finally gave it a watch sometime last year. Honestly, I didn't miss out by not having seen it previously.
Some interesting shots and camera angles that must have seemed way ahead of anything else done at the time, and the narrative not following a linear path, but mostly I was put to sleep by the story itself.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
House of Cards
Breaking Bad
The Walking Dead
It's All Ways Sunny in Philadelphia
Mad Men

Then again i hardly watch tv any more and i rarely see a movie in theaters as well.

johhnnyD14

Hardened Shock Trooper
a lot of citizen kane's filmmaking is about the stuff you see but don't really thing about. for example, half the shots in the film are matte paintings: Citizen Kane-interior.jpg
movies at the time almost never were able to achieve visual effects like that. and there's a lot of stuff like that in the movie.
i will concede that it's not a movie for everyone but i still enjoy it a lot

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
I had heard that a whole bunch with regard to Citizen Kane. Finally gave it a watch sometime last year. Honestly, I didn't miss out by not having seen it previously.
Some interesting shots and camera angles that must have seemed way ahead of anything else done at the time, and the narrative not following a linear path, but mostly I was put to sleep by the story itself.

Citizen Kane has always been talked up a bunch. So I'd bought a Criterion CAV LD of it back in the day. Because if you're going to buy the "greatest movie of all time" why not buy the greatest version of it, right? As I bought a new copy of it at retail, it was NOT CHEAP. Needless to say buying a movie that expensive w/out ever watching it beforehand wasn't the best idea. Because while it was an excellent movie, it wasn't worth the nearly $150 price tag IMO. Yeah, it's an impressive film in many ways, but after being talked up so much I found it to be very underwhelming.

It's like trying to watch Blade Runner or some other similar movie for the first time now. Because by now everything that was fresh/revolutionary/etc has been done countless times in other films since.

Luckily for me (in an odd manner) there was a pressing defect with that CAV copy of Kane. And as the store I bought it from had no more copies to exchange it with they just refunded me my $. Was nice of them and saved me the regret of buying it.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Citizen Kane has always been talked up a bunch..... but after being talked up so much I found it to be very underwhelming.

The thing is that, judging from box office receipts of the time when it was originally screened, film audiences at the time mostly felt the same way. The critics loved it but film-goers didn't support it as one would have thought. So the logic that is usually bandied around in cases like these "you had to be there at the time", really doesn't hold up.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Jibs do yourself a favor and watch Casablanca. Still holds up incredibly well.