POLL - N64: Good, Bad, or Overrated?

N64: Good, Bad, or Overrated?

• Total voters

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
N64 is NOT overrated except among the Nintendo blind that still to date think they do no wrong, and getting an opinion based on any fact out of someone like that isn't worth trying.

Wait...huh?

Not so sure that comment make much sense. If someone is of the mindset that Nintendo cannot do any wrong, then they must feel the N64 is not wrong and therefore...NOT overrated.

Don't do what Johnny Don't does?

-SD-

Camel Slug
As a platform the N64 certainly does have enough quality titles to make it worthwhile, it definitely is over hyped by YouTube fanboyz though... but isn't everything these days?

The main problem with the system is the hardware itself.... the video quality of a stock console is appalling. I personally wouldn't go to the expense of getting one HDMI modded, I'd rather emulate the few games I'd want to play. And although the controller brought analog and rumble to the masses, the execution was piss poor. The Hori Mini pads are what should have been the standard controller.

So yeah, although there are some awesome games, I wouldn't want to mess around with original hardware in 2016. It's one of the few systems I'd rather emulate, especially with the high-res texture packs that are available.

I do think that the Pikachu N64s are probably the most awesome special edition of any console ever though.

MtothaJ

Host for Orochi
10 Year Member
Wait...huh?
Not so sure that comment make much sense. If someone is of the mindset that Nintendo cannot do any wrong, then they must feel the N64 is not wrong and therefore...NOT overrated.
Don't do what Johnny Don't does?

Yeah, that conclusion just doesn't make any sense at all.
One thing I would add is that as time goes by, there is a certain upside to the fact that it was a cart based system namely durability and flash cart availability. That said, it was a limiting factor for the actual games and in any case systems like the Saturn have SD card based solutions available.

I do think that the Pikachu N64s are probably the most awesome special edition of any console ever though.

Dunno about that, looks like it has an ugly tumour to me. Would make a good match with one of those Disney branded CRT TV's which still pop up as NOS from time to time:

disney.jpg