• Sengoku 2001

Votes: 25 18.7%
  • Rage of the Dragons

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • Matrimelee

Votes: 74 55.2%
  • Dark Arms: Beast Buster 1999

Votes: 13 9.7%
  • N/A (choose this also if you think some NF game not listed is the best.

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

Lee Gray

Better Than Krauser
20 Year Member
I have only played ROTD out of all those titles and it kept resetting on my dumb 1 slot

One time I managed to get all the way to johann and it reset and that was that :(

However if it would not have had the problem, i think the game would have been very enjoyable.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Sengoku = Fun for 10 minutes.

ROTD = Only playable in short spurts spanned out over time.

Dark Arms = Never played it.

Matrimelee = Crazy fun. Got my vote.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
I vote for Matrimelee. What a great game...I think it's a classic Neo Geo game all the way.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
My vote went to Matrimelee...

Dark Arms is just way too short... And it's one of the first NGPC games, so it's technically not impressive, to say the least...

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
ROTD is a great game, but Matrimelee is better, so I had to vote for that.

OVERCLOCK EXCITEMENT!!

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I finally got the chance to play Matrimelee (thanks Stefan!) for a couple of hours and it's really a fun game. Nothing I'd get too excited over, but it's definitely MUCH better than RotD so it gets my vote.

I completely agree with Average Joe, I play my RotD about once or twice a month for about 30 mins., but even tho my friends and I are quite good at fighting games and try to play the game with skill and style, it's really difficult not to fall back into the usual string -> counter -> wall break -> CD -> DM routine, even tho fighting with Pupa/Kang against my man Gerhard and his Elias/Jones team has its cool moments.

How's Dark Arms? Never played it so far, had a bid going for it but got outbid a month ago.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Dark Arms is okay.
But just like many NGPC, it's overhyped...

The game is cool at first, as you slowly improve your weapons from the monster souls (or something) you catch...
It's challenging then.
But at some point (which comes rather fast), you'll get so strong no monster or boss will be able to compete with you...

And the game is short, as I said... Even getting all the weapons evolved to the max doesn't take long.

I heard the 2p mode is great though, everyone who tried it said that.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
You should try it in 2 player mode.

Then tell me where you rank it. In my opinion, it's addictive like Goldeneye.

Inazuma said:
Dark Arms is okay.
But just like many NGPC, it's overhyped...

The game is cool at first, as you slowly improve your weapons from the monster souls (or something) you catch...
It's challenging then.
But at some point (which comes rather fast), you'll get so strong no monster or boss will be able to compete with you...

And the game is short, as I said... Even getting all the weapons evolved to the max doesn't take long.

I heard the 2p mode is great though, everyone who tried it said that.

candycab

Vice's Love Slave
In reply to hardist fighting game I ended up here ? Wasabi you may want to look into that ?

well Im thinking that War Gods just might be the hardist to actually play :D

But then there was Mace: The dark ages back then too :p

As for the poll I think Martimele is the best fighter listed above , I dont think Sengoku really counts as a fighter but I like it alot more than the others listed there as games go.

Last edited:

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
I'd say Matrimelee but Dark Arms' so cool than they're very good in both their category RPG/Fighting. Sengoku 3 is very boring in the end...

But my vote goes to RotD because even if I perfectly know it's far from being the best fighter ever, I've got a very good feeiling with it and love the character selection so...

Last edited:

Tom

The Frog of Genjuro,
I really liked Sengoku 3, but ROTD is awsome(thanks Priest). It may not be as deep as most people would like, but it's a fun game that has a bad rap b/c it doesn't measure up to some of the more serious neo fighters. I haven't played Beast Buster or Matrimelee, but I hope to sometime soon.

Wow, almost a 3:1 vavor for Matrimelee over the others... someday I'm gonna have to work up the nerve to buy this game on AES.

I love polls but not ones that I can't vote on b/c I have only played Ninjokubat (my one word pseudoname for that Ninja Combat 2/Sengoku 3 game)

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Matrimelee is easily the best game on that list. Also, one of the better 2D fighters to come out in a while. If you like Waku Waku 7, run, don't walk, to get Matrimelee.

Spike

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
Tempted to vote for Dark Arms, but I finally voted Sengoku 3, since I got it a couple of months ago and play it quite often.
Great game all the way.

[OCEAN]

gemen

Mickey's Coach
MM

I like the combo system, very friendly, easy to pull out.

kaos

I'm a stealthy Ghost-like pimp daddy bitch, yo!
voted DarkArms cause RPGs are my life
although is not so easy play'em on a small screen

I say Matri comes after

I didn't like Sengoku 3 even if among the best graphic AES games
but It lost the mechanics of the first 2 episodes