Pointless thread.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I don't want to talk about smartwatches anymore.

Last edited:

420p

King's Dry Cleaner
Ok, so I'm not sold on smartwatches yet but don't know what to get my wife for Christmas so I'm thinking about buying one for her. We both use Samsung Galaxy Note 4's. I thought maybe someone who knows about them can point me in the right direction on which one to get. I was thinking about picking up the Samsung Gear S2.
DONT BUY anything with Tizen OS. This will be serious pain. Get something proper with Android Wear (wider compatibility, better update policy, more apps). LG G watch R or the Urbane.

Last edited:

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
some of the guys at work have smartwatches. They are kind of huge and get beat the hell on everything. One of the guys quit wearing his once the weather turned cold because it kept getting bunched up in his sleeve or something.

Also, anytime he had his arm up when we were near him, we would shout at it to google something and it would.

He would be standing there next to someone and then wave or some shit and the person with him would quickly be like, "Okay, google dick pics." and then there it would go. Kind of low end humor there but still.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
DONT BUY anything with Tizen OS. This will be serious pain. Get something proper with Android Wear (wider compatibility, better update policy, more apps). LG G watch R or the Urbane.

I did some research and went with the Urbane. I know these watches are going to get more and more advanced every year so I did not want to break the bank for something better. I'm not feeling the stupid stitching on the band though, would have preferred something a little sportier for her but the band could always be changed.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
whats the point of those things?

Don't know. I rock a casio pathfinder all day at work. I think the coolest thing about Smart Watches is the ability to change the face. Other than that, I really don't see the point in buying one. They aren't as versatile as traditional watches, can't go under water, have to be charged every day. She mentioned something about wanting to buy one after she saw some samsung commercial a few weeks ago. I remember saying why the hell would you need that when you carry your phone with you all day and she didn't answer the question. I figured I would surprise her with one for Christmas.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
yeah, pointless if they don't work without being connected to your phone.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I don't like digital watches of any sort. Analog watches ftw

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
It has wifi. So as long as you have a wifi connection it will connect to your phone even if it's not with you.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Ohh boy. I regret even starting this thread.

KalessinDB

Mr. Big's Thug
I had a Pebble. It was neat but the band broke and I stopped wearing it. Anyone want one?

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
My G-Shock has an alarm, a timer, and a stopwatch. Does that make it smart? It also costs $39.99.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Do smart watches have interval timers? I can never find a watch with an interval timer without going online. It's the most useful thing ever.

420p

King's Dry Cleaner
I bought a Glashütte Spezimatic yesterday :) analog all day.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
So I bought a stupid apple watch for my domestic partner. I don't see her getting any use out of it unless it can sync with an Amazon FBA scouting app and barcode scanner.

I don't like digital watches of any sort.

I think that they are a pretty neat idea!

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
some of the guys at work have smartwatches. They are kind of huge and get beat the hell on everything. One of the guys quit wearing his once the weather turned cold because it kept getting bunched up in his sleeve or something.

Also, anytime he had his arm up when we were near him, we would shout at it to google something and it would.

He would be standing there next to someone and then wave or some shit and the person with him would quickly be like, "Okay, google dick pics." and then there it would go. Kind of low end humor there but still.

LMAO dude I can't wait until I see the next person wearing one now.