Pochi to nya delayed

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Greetings again,
I just called Aiky a few minutes ago, and here's what they told me. It was quite odd, they actually knew me by name due to the numerous times i've contacted them in the past, haha. They said that the game was way too under-developed. They said that they made a few prototypes for show, but no actual production. They also stated that the game was originally being programmed for atmosewave, and when they ported it to MVS that it had resolution problems. I inquired about purchasing one of the prototypes, and he said that they are no longer in the hands of Aiky (Most likely Taito exhibitioners). They said they still have the game data in their computers, and that if they can fix the problems the game still might be released. What does this mean in ResOGlas language? It means it's time to start stalking Taito for a prototype.......again. :D

Last edited:

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
ResOGlas said:
Greetings again,
I just called Aiky a few minutes ago, and here's what they told me. It was quite odd, they actually knew me by name due to the numerous times i've contacted them in the past, haha. They said that the game was way too under-developed. They said that they made a few prototypes for show, but no actual production. They also stated that the game was originally being programmed for atmosewave, and when they ported it to MVS that it had resolution problems. I inquired about purchasing one of the prototypes, and he said that they are no longer in the hands of Aiky (Most likely Taito exhibitioners). They said they still have the game data in their computers, and that if they can fix the problems the game still might be released. What does this mean in ResOGlas language? It means it's time to start stalking Taito for a prototype.......again. :D

Well they admit to having the rom...maybe it will be released soon :)

When he said they have the game data you should have given him your e-mail address and said you want to see if you can fix the problems or else asked them to burn the roms onto a cart.

Either way it's sad news indeed that the game is more than likely dead. :(

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
ResOGlas said:
Greetings again,

Blimey... you must speak damn fine japanese... either that or they speak good English.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Tarma said:
Blimey... you must speak damn fine japanese... either that or they speak good English.

Haha, luckily it was a mix of both, so there wasn't much lost in translation.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
BarfHappy said:

BarfHappy, if the Babelfish didn't lie to me, it's a letter from the president of the company apologizing for the fact that the game development was transfered to other arcade platform instead the MVS? :oh_no: :oh_no: :oh_no: :oh_no:

Can you confirm it? My translation was pretty bad...

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
nonono he just appologizes for the long wait, and that the running date on MVS has been decided to be soon. (i.e. it s comming soon)

my bakushou (lol in english) was for the dialog following
it s so funny, here is the beginning, i don t have time to translate all ^^

gurabel: hoho~ puchi to nya- runs on MVS ?

purimu: ne~ne~ what is that em.vi.es ?

gurabel: you don t know ??

purimu: i understand it s not food because it s not in my dictionary...

gurabel: your dictionary is only for food ?

purimu: of course

gurabel: you... you reccon ...

purimu: i said i didn t know... and i was starving to death

gurabel: what are you babbling ? how come you didn t know that puchi to nya comes from now on in the whole country amusement centers .

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
BarfHappy said:
nonono he just appologizes for the long wait, and that the running date on MVS has been decided to be soon. (i.e. it s comming soon)

my bakushou (lol in english) was for the dialog following
it s so funny, here is the beginning, i don t have time to translate all ^^

gurabel: what are you babbling ? how come you didn t know that puchi to nya comes from now on in the whole country amusement centers .

Thanks a lot ^^

The babelfish translation was worse that usual... NeoGeo became NeoGeoCities (gasp), and a lot of katakana, hiragana and kanji had remained.

I had guessed that was a dialogue between the game characters, but I had no idea what they was talking about. Thanks for the translation!

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Aiky: "Neo Geo is the oven, but there's no food cooking"

:lol:

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
Ehehe no problem... and babel fish can t understand the dialog between them. it s not in standard japanese but mix of dialect and funny way to say things ^^;;;

Purimu: waou~ your glottis moves fast

Gurabel: The important thing is not inside my mouth but MVS!

Purimu: So...finaly what is it ?

Gurabel: To say things simply, it s a neogeo

Purimu: aa... a neogeo...

Gurable: you really don t know it ?

Purimu: i heard that before from my dad. The 100 "mega shoku" (mega-meal in japanese)

Gurabel: mega shoku...

Purimu: i don t understand well MEGA... how many portions is that ?

Gurabel: neogeo is not cooking.. it s not Shoku but Shock!

purimu: ee ? is that so ?

Gurabel: How could you mix pochi to nya~ and food.

Purimu: Weeelll i found it odd too, but it s pochi to nya~ so maybe it could have fit...

Gurabel: such a reason...

purimu: aaaaand since pochito nya~ is coming we are verry busy...

Gurabel: isn t it. The brand new pochi to nya~ seemed pretty secret even to us, even on this homepage there has not been preparation for the big event.

Purimu: oo~ our long awaited pochi to nya~ fast-eating big event begins soon ?

Gurabel: you didn t get it ...

Last edited:

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
seems the diary has been updated like 2 days ago.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
All in all, reading the updated site do you lucky Japanese speakers think the game is going to be released or not?

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
Well to me it is, but the fact they don t give a precise date is not good.

It s a bit the same feeling as if they said it was postponed to undetermined date...

Blaine

Hinako's Cook
You designed it for Atmoiswave and tried to port it to MVS and you encountered resolution problems?...NO! The HELL you say?

What the hell did you expect?