POCHI NO NYA (+ PLAYMORE on ATOMISWAVE)

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
JHendrix:
Yes, a random poster on an Internet BBS knows more about Playmore's future productions than the CEO of their consumer division does.
Yes, especially that "ceo"'s development team. HAHAHAHAHAH

fattard.

Devil_Gans

Bu, ,
KOF is an awesome 2d fighter but so is GGXX.Those who bash GGXX should quit whining about all these "high-res sux" bullshit.GGXX has the goodness in the gameplay too and most people at my arcade area who are good at KOF also praised GGXX for its unique feel and gameplay.GGXX is a pretty deep game.
Those guys are all over both the KOF and GGXX machines.
We should stop comparing GGXX, SF or KOF together.Each game has it's own unique style and gameplay.In the end, they are all good games to play.

Edit:
Those who diss GGXX should really explore it's deep combo system and the gameplay.Just give the game a chance before dissing it as sucky because its not.Until now its really hard to master sol's infinite dust loop combo.

<small>[ July 05, 2003, 11:23 AM: Message edited by: Devil_Gans ]</small>

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I believe it only uses 4, but there might be a 5th button.

The newest Stinger Report claims a inside source has confirmed Playmore is considering adopting the Atomiswave.

neoalphazero:
The newest Stinger Report claims a inside source has confirmed Playmore is considering adopting the Atomiswave.
I think that is cool news. Its about time MVS gets an upgrade. I have been looking at the Atomiswave prices, I hope it gets cheaper soon. Probably if sales go up it will be. A GGX kit complete with motherboard (new) costs like 500USD.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Nostromo:
neoalphazero:
I think that is cool news. Its about time MVS gets an upgrade. I have been looking at the Atomiswave prices, I hope it gets cheaper soon. Probably if sales go up it will be. A GGX kit complete with motherboard (new) costs like 500USD.
I can't help but think they may be better off going with Naomi, due to the high number of units in circulation. Perhaps it's cheaper to develop for the Atomiswave. I'd like to see a home version of the Atomiswave. I know it's based off the dreamcast, but I'd rather see a cartridge based console to keep in line with the AES.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
KOF is an awesome 2d fighter but so is GGXX.Those who bash GGXX should quit whining about all these "high-res sux" bullshit.GGXX has the goodness in the gameplay too and most people at my arcade area who are good at KOF also praised GGXX for its unique feel and gameplay.GGXX is a pretty deep game.
We should stop comparing GGXX, SF or KOF together.Each game has it's own unique style and gameplay.In the end, they are all good games to play.

Edit:
Those who diss GGXX should really explore it's deep combo system and the gameplay.
I hear that DG. I'll bet you hand over fist that if you took GGXX's exact gameplay, crammed it into a Neo cart circa '96 with some low-res gfx and 16-bit sound, it'd be another Ninja Masters or Fuun Tag Battle...$800 for the homecart and certain people here would claim what a hardcore Neo fan it makes you to own and appreciate it.
But since it's a cheap and easily found game with a lot of depth, people are quick to rip on it. Elitism blows. GGXX is better than ROTD, Matrimelee, and KoF2K2 put together.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Loopz:

Edit:
Those who diss GGXX should really explore it's deep combo system and the gameplay.
I hear that DG. I'll bet you hand over fist that if you took GGXX's exact gameplay, crammed it into a Neo cart circa '96 with some low-res gfx and 16-bit sound, it'd be another Ninja Masters or Fuun Tag Battle...$800 for the homecart and certain people here would claim what a hardcore Neo fan it makes you to own and appreciate it.
But since it's a cheap and easily found game with a lot of depth, people are quick to rip on it. Elitism blows. GGXX is better than ROTD, Matrimelee, and KoF2K2 put together.
Don't forget, it was made for the supposed evil mainstream gamers.

It is a modern 2D fighter, and actually manages to have GOOD GRAPHICS that can appeal to about 99% of the game playing population.

And lets not forget it's only on PS2, which as we all know is the premier system for every "hardcore gamer" to absolutely hate.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
JHendrix:
Loopz:

Edit:

It is a modern 2D fighter, and actually manages to have GOOD GRAPHICS that can appeal to about 99% of the game playing population.

And lets not forget it's only on PS2, which as we all know is the premier system for every "hardcore gamer" to absolutely hate.
So im being elitist because i think the character designs and gameplay suck?? Nah...cmon guys. Sometimes an opinion is just an opinion. I had way more fun with KOF2k2 than with GGXX...

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
PS: The ps2 is my favorite current system; and clearly the most 'hardcore' of the three---fuck that, its just the best.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
Loopz:
GGXX is better than ROTD, Matrimelee, and KoF2K2 put together.
that's absolutely true
my god,even world heroes perfect is better than those 3 games you just mentioned
but i personally still dont like ggxx
i cant get into it
i have tried
but failed
there's something about it that puts me off pretty quickly
and its got nothing to do with the fact that game's cheap
obviously

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Matrimelee is a really great game...why is everyone dogging on it so much...? Wowch.

JHendrix

Kid Aphex:
JHendrix:
Loopz:

Edit:

So im being elitist because i think the character designs and gameplay suck?? Nah...cmon guys. Sometimes an opinion is just an opinion. I had way more fun with KOF2k2 than with GGXX...
No, Loopz thinks you're an elitist, I think you're against more modern 2D fighters.

As for the character designs sucking, you're nuts. Those have to be some of the most original characters that I've seen in a 2D fighter design wise. :p wink :D

No other game has the "style" that GGX2 has, it's completely original.

As for gameplay, if you don't like it you don't like it. But it has more advanced crap in there than you can shake a stick at. Plus it was designed and made by ex-SNK employees. You know the ones who jumped ship to Arc System Works when SNK started to sink into the ground (about 1998,99).

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Nothing but respect Ray, but how you can dog the character design in GGXX and then in the same breath proudly defend Funderoo-wearing Gill is beyond me holmes. To each his own.

I can see how for many traditionalist fighting fans, GG might just smack a bit too much of the Capcom VS games with the air juggles and high number hit combos. For me though, it's just the perfect blend of speed and flexibility from those games, coupled with very solid mechanics and a shitload of things you can do. Fast as hell and really fun. The fact that former SNK folk are involved with Arc System Works doesn't surprise me in the least.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Loopz:
Nothing but respect Ray, but how you can dog the character design in GGXX and then in the same breath proudly defend Funderoo-wearing Gill is beyond me holmes. To each his own.

I can see how for many traditionalist fighting fans, GG might just smack a bit too much of the Capcom VS games with the air juggles and high number hit combos. For me though, it's just the perfect blend of speed and flexibility from those games, coupled with very solid mechanics and a shitload of things you can do. Fast as hell and really fun. The fact that former SNK folk are involved with Arc System Works doesn't surprise me in the least.
I really think Gill's simplicity and character history are a lot better than some of the GGXX characters...aka, "Ill attack you with giant paintbrushes."

You're right though, to each his own.

And Hendrix, I like almost all modern fighters. Tekken 1-4, VF4, EVEN the Bloody Roar series over GGXX.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
GGXX has a crack-addict ninja. How can you not like a character design such as that?

Devil_Gans

Bu, ,
About that character design in GGXX.Yeah, some of them are lame such as faust.But gameplaywise, faust can be a monster especially in GGXX(much improved over GGX) and #reload when used right.Most people don't know that until they watch some combo movies.One of the more unpredictable characters in the game.

Speaking of good character designs in GGXX, sol badguy looks cool and so does ky, I-no, venom and a few others.

Now Loading

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
aka, "Ill attack you with giant paintbrushes."
Erm, no offense, but that's a Samurai Shodown character... Morozumi Taizan.

GGX characters are more like, "I'll attack you with a giant scalpel."

I happen to like the GGX characters, but like the SF3 characters, people don't seem to like their "different-ness".

Am I the only one who thinks Chipp Zanuff looks like a carbon copy of Bust Galford from the 3D SS games?

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Being this has turned into a bash GGXX thread, I'll spread my opinions:

1) The game is very nice LOOKING

2) It PLAYS good

now the bad stuff

1) I'm tired of goofy fighting games. They should try to do something serious.

2) The character designs are really really lame. I like goofy fighters and all, but I can't seem to shake the fact that every thing about the game is a joke.

3) The music in this game has to be the worst use of a CD/DVD soundtrack ever! I hate 80's metal, and this game uses it everywhere, not to mention it has characters named Axel.

I'm sorry, but Arc Systems needs to make a more serious fighting game. This game was just too lame in my opinion.

snkool

Camel Slug
Devil_Gans:
About that character design in GGXX.Yeah, some of them are lame such as faust.But gameplaywise, faust can be a monster especially in GGXX(much improved over GGX) and #reload when used right.Most people don't know that until they watch some combo movies.One of the more unpredictable characters in the game.

Speaking of good character designs in GGXX, sol badguy looks cool and so does ky, I-no, venom and a few others.
You forgot Chipp Zanuff

JHendrix

Well to go back just a little bit more to the original topic of this thread, there are some people who just refuse to believe the fact that Ben Herman was telling the truth when he said there would be a 3D KOF game coming out.

Sometimes the truth hurts and people go into denial. But if you take a look at the <a href="http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=005033" target="_blank">new Arcadia thread</a>, then you'd see there is a blurb in there (in Arcadia) about a 3D KOF coming out in 2004.

I just thought I'd point that out. :D

<small>[ July 09, 2003, 06:15 AM: Message edited by: JHendrix ]</small>