Please review my website: The Mecha Zone

Suragu

Quiz Detective
Hi everyone! I just revamped my website with a new look and some new content. I even added a store to sell my new poster and art book. Constructive comments are very welcome.

Many of the pages, such as the Bio and FAQ, are not finished. I will be working diligently all this week to get everything finished up. My goal is to have the site looking great before I go to the Wizard World Comic Con in Phily the 21st-23rd.

Your input could really make a difference. Be sure to let me know if there is any information that you think should be listed but isn't, etc... or if you think the images are too small/too big.

Thank you very much! :buttrock:

www.mechazone.com

Last edited:

John_Smith

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Hey there! I really like the overall presentation of your site, good consistency throughout and a generally accomplished and professional finish overall, hehe much like your work, professional level stuff!!! :buttrock:

I think the images are just nice as far as size goes, big enough to see sufficient detail to satisfy, but not so big that is too bandwidth hungry (not that my 1.5Mbit struggles :drool_2: )

Hey!................nice job getting on board for 'Mech Warrior 4', that’s a big deal my friend, and in an industry that can prove too hard to crack for many, that’s impressive!! The poster you're offering in the store section, is that 3D CG then painted up later to give it some spice? It looks incredible!! :loco: I'll be interested to have a look at your tutorials once they're back up too, so keep us posted.

Keep up the good work! ;)

Curt

apostate
I like it...

The hexagon's remind me alot of Mushiki's tatoo Design request....

hexy9.gif

Suragu

Quiz Detective
John_Smith said:
Hey!................nice job getting on board for 'Mech Warrior 4', that’s a big deal my friend, and in an industry that can prove too hard to crack for many, that’s impressive!! The poster you're offering in the store section, is that 3D CG then painted up later to give it some spice?

Hey, thanks for the feedback and compliments!

I was actually the art lead for MW4 Black Knight and the Mech Sub lead for MW4 Mercenarries and the two mech packs (I was in charge of all the mechs and their concept/creation) It was a lot of fun!

The poster started out as a simple black and white 3-D render then I painted over it with a wacom tablet and Photoshop. It was quite a chore with such a large file... 18x24 @ 300 dpi. I probably spent 12-16 hours working into it. All the little details like bolts, rust, dents, and detail text were added by hand.

Himuragames

Crossed Swords Squire
I like the site

I like your use of colors and the overall look of the site :drool: Great job.

PS - Love the gundam :buttrock:

snesaes

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I think you should make a fancier side-bar for the menus and stuff. The current one is too Homestead.com. Other than that, it all looks pretty sweet, even though I really don't care for the mech on the front.

Suragu

Quiz Detective
Thanks for the comments. They somewhat mirror those of my friends. I'll probably end up changing the animated mech :crying: I thought it was a fun reference to 2-D game art, and was made by hand like all the old 2-D games, but most people just think it looks like he's dancing! DANCING? man, that one always hurts. My gf laughs every time she sees it :blow_top:

PS:

<BLATANT SALES PITCH>
you guys should get my art book. It turned out mega SWEET! I sold 30 of them at last weekends Wizard World con in Philadelphia. People loved it. It's only $10 bucks and has 60 pages. 15 in color. 24 all original mech designs.:multi_co:

here's the direct link...
http://users.rcn.com/tobor.javanet/mzstore0.htm
</BLATANT SALES PITCH>

Kunai

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Composition is great, I love the animated mech on the top, and good call having the nav bar go down with the scrolling. Easy to navigate, which is always the best thing to focus on for a homepage. Great job!

Sundance

Sho's Rival
Very simplistic, very clean. I like it. Def nice to see some minimalism, not to mention that that is always good for teh peeps that are hitn it from a dial-up. Not to many people consider that when building a site. Overall i'd say its a very clean and functional site w/ a good pallette of colors that are easy to view. :buttrock: