Please help me w/ my Turbo Duo

BrooklynSkin

Morden's Lackey
I just bought a brand new Turbo Duo. I don't have any chips or cd games but I was testing it with a music cd. The cd rom on the Duo just makes a lot of noise and then says set disc. It won't play any music cd. My Duo didn't come with any instruction book by the way.

One question. There is a tab on the cd rom to the right of the lense. Do I have to remove it in order to use a cd?

Any help would be apprecited. I finally got my Duo and now It looks like it is broken.
You can email me at jonrivaltribe@hotmail.com

Thanx
- Jon

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
hmm

the tab you are taking about.

is it a little white tab kinda far in next to the laser? if so, then yea, theres one on my system

it sounds like your system might be broken.

i would lend you a cd game, but all i have is dracula..

what you can do, is download a game from <a href="http://www.pcengine.it" target="_blank">www.pcengine.it</a> (they have dracula, sapphire, rayxanber2, and some dbz game) and burn it with instant cd/dvd from vob.de (be program for burning multiple iso discs.

this way you can atleast check and see if the drive works, untill you get a real cd game.

your card slot _probably_ does work, if you need, i can lend you bonk to test it out.

good luck

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Brand new Duo without instruction? Where did you get your Duo from? Don't tell me you got it from Ebay....

Duo does make noise (not as loud as PS2 or DC) while loading but doesn't make A LOT of noise .

It seems like either something wrong with CD-ROM laser head or Duo console is defective....

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I remember when I bought a DUO from United Game Source. Fuck, what a lame company. Anyways, I purchased the DUO under the assumption that their description was correct; Excellent, complete consiton, six button pad, works perfectly.

When I got it home and pulled it out of the box, the HU Card lid was gone, the case was scratched to hell, the Controller was sticky (?) did not play sound with HU Card games and it the CD drive did not work at all.

To their credit, an hour after I emailed them, I received a phone call from their rep and he said he would send the Fed EX guy back to pick it up. Got a refund on the unit the next few days

When I asked if they were going to refund the costs that the customs charged they said they would as long as I sent a copy of the receipt. THey never got back to me. I emailed a few times, no responce. Fuck it, I said, as long as I got most of my cash back.

I learned a valuable lesson; Only buy a Duo new, and dont buy from UGS.

BrooklynSkin

Morden's Lackey
Thanx for the response guys. I orderd the 4 in 1 cd as well as Ninja Spirit from TZD. I will be getting them Thursday so thats when I'll check everything out. I'll let you guys know in 2 days. I think the laser has been knocked out of alignment by all the moving around this system has been doing in the last month or so.

By the way I got the Duo off ebay. The guy sent it parcel post to the wrong address and then had to get the package back and send it again to the right address. I paid for the Duo on December 15. I got the Duo Today the 22 of January. I had to press formal complaints on the guy w/ Square Trade and Paypal for him to answer his emails etc. He says he'll give me negative feedback if I do etc. I paid him the day of the auction. What a bastard huh? Well my family and I have had 104 good buy/sell on ebay I guess we were due for a cocksucking cheat.

_ Jon da Brooklyn Skin

BrooklynSkin

Morden's Lackey
I'm trying to get the seller to pay for repairs. I think I'm gonna use Retro games
<a href="http://www.geocities.com/retrogam/repairs.htm" target="_blank">http://www.geocities.com/retrogam/repairs.htm</a>

It's gonna cost 50 bux plus shipping. If he pays for it then I'll take my complaints off him and let him get his money from Paypal. He's pretty broke so I think I got him by the balls for now.

I'll keep everybody in the know

- Jon da Brooklyn Skin

BrooklynSkin

Morden's Lackey
I think when the guy sent it it probably worked. The problem is that he didn't pack the system at all. He just put some brown paper around the box. So the cd rom is fucked. I'm sending the Duo to Retro games to get fixed. Hopefully I can get this dick licker to pay for the repairs.

Does anyone know of any place to get Duos fixed that is cheaper or faster? If so let me know please at jonrivaltribe@hotmail.com or on AIM where I am BrooklynSkin83

P.s. I got some games today in the mail. I have the 4 in 1 cd and Ninja Spirit Hu-card. The cd won't play. My Duo keeps saying set disc whatever that means. The card plays though so at least I can play the chip games on the system. To tell you the truth though I bought the Duo for the cd games like Dracula X and Lords of Thunder.

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
try going to <a href="http://www.tzd.com" target="_blank">www.tzd.com</a> for repairs, they specialize in NEC systems.

edit: They do repairs too!

[ January 24, 2002: Message edited by: NeoGML ]</p>

BrooklynSkin

Morden's Lackey
Actually they don't do repairs anymore. They said I should go to Retrogames when I talked to them on the phone.