Please allow me to be your disciple. =)

OldSchoolGamer

Living teh 'Murican dream
Hello koda and welcome aboard. If your just getting into the neo scene I suggest you get either a NEO GEO CD(to test out the games at a really cheap price)..or if load times bother you...get a CMVS or an AES w/ a Super MVS II adapter. MVS carts are the best way to go unless your a collector who would rather look at games than play them.

MVS carts for the most part cost a fraction of the cost of an AES cart and they are all the same game overall(AES carts use the same chips MVS carts use). I say AES w/ converter or CMVS because its small and easy to use. IF you decide its not for you..you wont have a huge cab sitting around your house or something large to move so its easier to resell. If you decide you like it...you can always upgrade later.

That is my best advice for you...take it as you will.

Hope you enjoy the boards here

Wow...

Most of your questions have been answered many times already, just browse General Discussion for a while or use the search function and you will find a lot of interesting threads by people in a similar situation.

Basically, going MVS requires a few basic technical skills, knowing how to use a solder stick can't hurt, specially if you want to build your own adaptors to use a MVS board on a standard telly. You could also buy one of those fancy consolized ready-to-play MVS systems but most of them are quite expensive so that does not seem to be an option for you at the moment.

Homecart systems are not that expensive if you don't insist a mint boxed one but the games definitely run into money, specially the newer ones.

I own a homecart system and NGCD and IMO that's the best of two world but that's probably just me.

Oh, and welcome to neo-geo.com, enjoy your stay (if you can).

Hi, i live in China...wish to be your friend

Neo Geo MVS

Igniz's Servent
Your not cool unless you joined in 2001 so you should be banished to the darkest corner of the forum because your a noob. This is exactly what many old timers think :lolz:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Hi, i live in China...wish to be your friend
I think he really wants to be your friend Taku, given that he took the risk of jumping in the fire just like that. Friendship is a treasure well hidden these days.