Playstation Plus Question...

CrackerMessiah

Fu'un-Ken Master
Hey all. Mods, if this goes in gameplay, then move it along.

I read the official FAQ and some others, but couldn't find an answer to the following question, which is better understood by reading through a procedure on a PS4:

1. Download free PS Plus games with first PSN ID.
2. Let first PSN ID's PS Plus subscription expire.
3. Port over second PSN ID to the console.
4. Activate PS Plus subscription on second PSN ID.

Are the games downloaded with first PSN ID then accessible with the second PSN ID? Or are games tied exclusively to the PSN ID?

Thanks!

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
That wouldn't work. The original psn ID would need to be renewed to get those games back.

CrackerMessiah

Fu'un-Ken Master
That would make painful sense, although I didn't recall seeing any verbiage that said games were tied to a PSN ID, and not the console. At least on the PS3, I've noticed that other non-Plus user profiles could play games downloaded by a user profile with a Plus'd PSN ID. I was hoping that simply having an active Plus account on the console would activate previously downloaded games.

Mokkori

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
It's true that in the past, I managed to play a game (on my system) from another PSN ID (friend visiting me).

But recently I re-tried the game and somehow it's locked down under my profile.
As Craig said, PSN+ is really liked to your PSN ID, more than your Sony system.

Are you trying to change your name tag online? just wondering. :)

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
My friend put some games he had from before I had ps plus on my ps3. When his expired the games would no longer play even though I have Ps plus... It's timed to whoever bought the game, if you hit triangle on a game and look at info it will tell you who bought the game and when it expires.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Yeah, if you actually purchase a game, it's on the system permanently, doesn't matter who is logged in. If it's a PS+ freebie, you must be signed in to an active PS+ account.

CrackerMessiah

Fu'un-Ken Master
It's true that in the past, I managed to play a game (on my system) from another PSN ID (friend visiting me).

But recently I re-tried the game and somehow it's locked down under my profile.
As Craig said, PSN+ is really liked to your PSN ID, more than your Sony system.

Are you trying to change your name tag online? just wondering. :)

No name change, actually. I got a hand-me-down PS4 that had an active PS Plus subscription tied to a friend's PSN ID. He never used the ID or the PS4. It's expiring this month, and there's a few PS Plus "Free" PS3 and PS4 games I would like to continue to play should I decide to get rid of his ID and replace it mine (on the PS4). Guacamelee, for example, is much, much better than I thought it would be.