PlayStation 5

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
If they are seeking big success the price point from the start has to be around 400 dollars. You can have mass appeal through attractive hard/software, or decently reasonable pricepoint. I think the win will come via the latter.

PS5 (hundred dollars)

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
At this point they should consider releasing a PlayStation Chassis with removable main board as a plug n play module. Oh wow the PS7 is out! cool just swap out the main board module!

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I think I'm going to sit this one out and just play the PS4 until it's not supported anymore. This is the first console generation I barely gave a shit about.

I still like that consoles are still cheaper than PCs for gaming, but I hate all the other things that come with it:

-higher priced games
-pay for online gaming
-graphical performance starts to lag behind PCs after 2 years. Microsoft and Sony expect us to buy their upgraded versions but it's just a bunch of bullshit. PS4 pro? Xb1x? Eat a bowl of dicks.

Last edited:

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Ohhh I hope the ps5 has a bunch of remastered versions of PS4 remasters of ps3 compilations of ps2 games!

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Ohhh I hope the ps5 has a bunch of remastered versions of PS4 remasters of ps3 compilations of ps2 games!

GTAV
RE4
SF Collection II: More SF2
Skyrim
Last of Us
Uncharted
SotC
Ico

Anything else we should expect?

maybe a whole slew of new re-releases?!?!?

The Dark Souls Collection
Yakuza 0-6
RDR collection: Deader than Red

I dunno, I think I'm getting too old to get excited. When the PS4 stops getting supported (with A+ games that is), I'll jump ship.

edit: How was this thread NOT started by saner? That's insane.

Last edited:

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I’m hoping to hear something VR related. Even with my PC I still prefer PSVR just for ease of use and the games it’s had on it.

Specs aside, I want the PS5 horsepower to drive a rev 2 VR headset

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
GTAV
RE4
SF Collection II: More SF2
Skyrim
Last of Us
Uncharted
SotC
Ico

Anything else we should expect?

maybe a whole slew of new re-releases?!?!?

The Dark Souls Collection
Yakuza 0-6
RDR collection: Deader than Red

I dunno, I think I'm getting too old to get excited. When the PS4 stops getting supported (with A+ games that is), I'll jump ship.

edit: How was this thread NOT started by saner? That's insane.

You forgot Ratchet and Clank: Comprehensive Penis Innuendo HD Collection

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I’m hoping to hear something VR related. Even with my PC I still prefer PSVR just for ease of use and the games it’s had on it.

Specs aside, I want the PS5 horsepower to drive a rev 2 VR headset

Or two VR headsets at once for Lawnmower Man secks

Yoshi

20 Year Member
I'm struggling to dream up a set of games that could sell me this. If Amy Hennig were still at Naughty Dog, they could contribute significantly, but I'm not a fan of the writing since she left.

One factor is that I recently took advantage of several concurrent offers to get Xbox Game Pass Ultimate into 2022, despite the fact that my Xbox One S is a 4K Blu-Ray and Rare Replay machine. Microsoft's strategy to remember that they own Windows and that it's the best gaming platform has really allowed them to become instantly relevant to me again. I just was able to play Gears 5 with a high school buddy I had not talked to in way too long. He was on his Xbox, and I was on my PC. That has inherent value to me, and it didn't cost me an incremental penny beyond XGPU. Yes, there are PS4 games with cross-play, but, aside from SFV, those are in spite of Sony, not because of them.

Given that any Xbox Two exclusives I want to play will be "free," any PS5 exclusives will have to essentially be taxed with the hardware price as well, so if I want to play four games, we're taking at least $640 or $160 each, and that dog doesn't hunt. Even 10 games, which is completely unrealistic for the first year or two, would be at least $1,000 or $100 each. I tend to be with fakeXsound that these will be $500 machines as well, so these estimates are likely low.

One interesting point to debate would be whether we will see regular vs. Pro or X differentiation at launch. I don't think we can rule it out.

saner

Krauser's Henchman
oh come on. Sony can speak for themselves. Im not a shill. I just pick the best platform of the current gen. and every generation, Playstation proves to be the best out of all of its competitors. well rounded hardware, best 3rd party support, best controller, best online features, best and largest online communities, best market, etc.

Playstation consoles outnumber the pros and fewer cons than its competitors.

Nintendo only has few exclusives (most of them overrated and childish),
and Xbox mostly caters to american racists.
that is reflected upon their library of games.

oh yea Nintendo Switch is now getting more ports of games Playstation had since PS1.
but nintendo game selection is still miniscule and already facing another drought of worthwhile games until Pokemon.
Switch is so bad that even Yokai Watch 4 is moving to PS4.

anyways, Playstation automatically defeats Nintendo again next generation besides this generation.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
oh come on. Sony can speak for themselves. Im not a shill.

Could have fooled us.

I just pick the best platform of the current gen. and every generation, Playstation proves to be the best out of all of its competitors.

Best at what excatly?

well rounded hardware, best 3rd party support, best controller, best online features, best and largest online communities, best market, etc.

I think Nintendo is beating Sony in some of those categories.

Playstation consoles outnumber the pros and fewer cons than its competitors.

Stop living in the past.

Nintendo only has few exclusives (most of them overrated and childish),

Yes a lot of their games are so overrated that they have million sellers a lot of the time. So many fucking children playing right?

I'm going to need you to explain this better because if anything this is going to need some citations.

oh yea Nintendo Switch is now getting more ports of games Playstation had since PS1.
but nintendo game selection is still miniscule and already facing another drought of worthwhile games until Pokemon.
Switch is so bad that even Yokai Watch 4 is moving to PS4.

And yet Nintendo has been killing it hard on software and console sales with the Switch. This point you're trying to make doesn't hold water.

anyways, Playstation automatically defeats Nintendo again next generation besides this generation.

I hate to tell you this but the console wars aren't as much of a thing you're making it out to be. Seriously, a lot of your posts are something I would expect out of a small child who doesn't know any better. Your judgment is so clouded that I'm amazed you really think anyone else believes this crap you're posting.

The PlayStation brand of systems of games while having some great exclusives aren't the end all be all of consoles. The Switch and yes even the Xbox One all have a slew of great titles to play but you can't see that because of your overbearing god damn blind fanboyism.

You need to stop shitting up these forums with your terrible posting habits because sooner or later one of the moderators here are going to get sick of your shit and just dump you for good.

Taiso was right about you. You bring nothing constructive to these forums.

Last edited:

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I predict I will jump on board the ps5 train when the sequels to God of War, Spider-man, and Horizon are out and the ps5 slim has been out about 6 months. That or when any must have, single player, exclusives come along. The exclusives from this gen are worth owning a ps4 for imho, hope next gen can do the same.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Game systems should cost $600 easily now. People pay that much for a phone every 2 years. If SNK made a new system today that was top of the line, I would imagine it sell for $2000, and it would sell easily with us.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Could have fooled us.

Best at what excatly?

I think Nintendo is beating Sony in some of those categories.

Stop living in the past.

Yes a lot of their games are so overrated that they have million sellers a lot of the time. So many fucking children playing right?

I'm going to need you to explain this better because if anything this is going to need some citations.

And yet Nintendo has been killing it hard on software and console sales with the Switch. This point you're trying to make doesn't hold water.

I hate to tell you but the console wars aren't as much of a thing you're making it out to be. Seriously, a lot of your posts are something I would expect out of a small child who doesn't know any better. Your judgment is so clouded that I'm amazed you really think anyone else believes this crap you're posting.

The PlayStation brand of systems of games while having some great exclusives aren't the end all be all of consoles. The Switch and yes even the Xbox One all have a slew of great titles to play but you can't see that because of your overbearing god damn blind fanboyism.

You need to stop shitting up these forums with your terrible posting habits because sooner or later one of the moderators here are going to get sick of your shit and just dump you for good.

Taiso was right about you. You bring nothing constructive to these forums.

Well said.
Saner is probably the only member who posts consistently to buy into console wars in this day and age.
Fanboyism has always been embarassing and pointless. Nowadays it is archaic to boot

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I suspect I will pick one up near the end of the lifecycle like I did with the PS4 just to play the latest fighting games, a shmup or two, final fantasy, and whatever obscure old school games they may dig up and re-release for it

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
Truth be told, I haven’t touched my ps4 pro since beginning of the year. I’ll probably get a ps5 when they announce gravity rush 3 or some other exclusive that entices me. I bought a switch specifically for botw. I lent my switch to nieces and nephews so they could play Mario kart and tennis. Only game I still have on xbox one is rare replay and only used otherwise as a 4K Blu-ray. I do use the Xbox controller as my go to pc game pad. A ps5 or Xbox whatever will never beat a mid tier pc gaming rig. But if it’s cheap and good enough, it will sell.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Well said.
Saner is probably the only member who posts consistently to buy into console wars in this day and age.
Fanboyism has always been embarassing and pointless. Nowadays it is archaic to boot

Yeah, but he's probably mentally challenged, I mean what adult cares so deeply about which electronic toy company is the 'best'?

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Truth be told, I haven’t touched my ps4 pro since beginning of the year. I’ll probably get a ps5 when they announce gravity rush 3 or some other exclusive that entices me. I bought a switch specifically for botw. I lent my switch to nieces and nephews so they could play Mario kart and tennis. Only game I still have on xbox one is rare replay and only used otherwise as a 4K Blu-ray. I do use the Xbox controller as my go to pc game pad. A ps5 or Xbox whatever will never beat a mid tier pc gaming rig. But if it’s cheap and good enough, it will sell.
This post is eerily relatable for me, other than lending away my Switch.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Well said.

My issue with Saner is that he doesn't have a middle ground. He fails to understand that people enjoy multiple consoles and games. Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey, Mark Kart 8, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate & many other titles are big games that people of all ages are enjoying but to him it's all just childish stuff that he doesn't care about.

He claims to loves RPGs but at the same time he never once gave Octopath Traveler a look because well it's not on a Sony system.

I would be fine with his posts if he tried to empathize with other people and show some respect for the things they like even if he himself doesn't enjoy them but shit like this...

This is just fucking retarded & someone probably would have kicked Saner's ass in real life if he had said this kind of bullshit to their faces.

American Racists.... Fucking hell........

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Game systems should cost $600 easily now. People pay that much for a phone every 2 years. If SNK made a new system today that was top of the line, I would imagine it sell for $2000, and it would sell easily with us.
Yeah PS4 was too cheap. Just laptop parts in a box. The simplistic hardware goes against Sony's design philosophy for the PS2 and PS3, but it was the right balance between value and power for the time. The low power necessitated the mid-gen refresh though.

One thing the PS4 proved was that there are enough aging millenial gamers with disposable income wanting to preorder the latest console, despite everyone saying it was the last console generation. (The same people are again predicting the PS5 being the last, but with Stadia and expensive PC's being the alternative, I don't see that happening yet.)

To make the next gen worth investing in, the power increase must be substantial (the full buy-in on hardware-supported features like raytracing is a must). There are plenty of guys in their 30's willing to shell out $600 on a full-throated nextgen console. MS proved that with the record-breaking preorders for the Xbox One X. Sony might be aiming for that sweet spot of power vs value again. I think that might be Sony's MO now.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Lol probably, oh late.

Well yes, I used to flame him like the rest of you but can't be bothered any more, none of it registers and it's kind of wrong. He's probably pretty fucked up irl, like GregN.

saner

Krauser's Henchman
My issue with Saner is that she doesn't have a middle ground. She fails to understand that people enjoy multiple consoles and games. Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey, Mark Kart 8, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate & many other titles are big games that people of all ages are enjoying but to her it's all just childish stuff that she doesn't care about.

She claims to loves RPGs but at the same time he never once gave Octopath Traveler a look because well it's not on a Sony system.

This is just fucking retarded

see whats retarded are the obvious fanatical attitude nintendo advocates have. who the hell wants to play as an ugly plumber? who the hell still cares about zelda games that still dont care to make Zelda a playable protagonist even as an alternative? meanwhile, fans make BOTW princess Zelda mods, and nintendo doesnt give a damn nor say 'hey, Zelda being playable in the flagship games would actually make the games more fun and appealing to more customers".

nintendodrones bash open world, then BOTW comes around and they claim open world is acceptable. they underscore Skyrim, but overrated BOTW.wtf.

also how do you expect millions of Playstation gamers to care about Octopath Traveler when its not even multiplatform?

thats like expecting Nintendo exclusive gamers to care about Cyberpunk 2077, which isnt coming to Switch. nor over half the games PS4 has, yet Switch will not get.

and I purchased Wii U for Xenoblade Chronicles X. I dont regret it since XCX is actually one of the greatest games ever. but nintendo is still behind the compettiion, its delusional fanatics that are complacent with LOWER QUALITY platforms and smaller library of games because their insane loyalty to nintendo comes first. now thats retarded overall.

I'll purchase Pokemon Shield, but until Switch gets a significant price drop, theres no rush to get that platform.

oh and I have a 3DS XL, btw. Im not biased nor a Sony fanatic either. I mostly been using 3DS for internet site when on the go (thats so dumb they dropped youtube support), but prefer using PS4 for gaming and internet.

anyways, you fail to understand that the majority of gamers stick to one platform per generation. there can be exceptions. but my gamecube and wii u are collecting dust, while I still play games on PS3 (PS1, PS2 and PS3 games), as well as PS4 (PS4 games for the most part and SNK games).

and NO ONE with high standards would pick a nintendo platfrom over a playstation console.

so if a developer makes their game exclusive to nintendo, they are missing out on a looooot of more customers.
look how long its taking for Samurai Shodown to come to Switch, its such an inferior platform that they have to work months longer to try to get a solid 60 fps in that version. look how Switch hardware is so problematic, Bloodstained devs have to spend months trying to patch it.
nintendo really holds back the industry and all they have are gimmicks.

shame nintendo has partial ownership of Pokemon. Pokemon would make even millions more on PS4.

also goes to show nintendo is too selfish to share. they claim they are not competing with others, only "themselves",
yet they are holding franchises like Pokemon tightly to themselves, hypocritical greedy pigs.

so really the only game(s) that brings incentive to have a Switch, are the upcoming Pokemon Sword and Shield.

Yokai Watch 4 is smart to come to PS4, if they done that sooner they could have generated a larger dedicated fanbase for the series.
To most nintendodrones, most 3rd party games/series are just a fad to them.

the secret reason SMT series been exclusive to nintendo platforms since DS, is because Atlus takes pity on nintendo. and while Switch is booming in Japan, remember that Japan is just a small fraction of the game industry market.

all the smarter developers and publishers that want more money and customers, are picking PS4 or at least not leaving PS4 out of the equation.

Last edited: