Play-Asia took the price down on the PSP...

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Do you expect it to be higher?

NCS is still spot on, anyone think that these sites will increase due to demand?

Snooptalian

Hairdresser, ,
Play-Asia will probably join the rip off parade, but I would expect NCSX to stand by their original price of $255 and $295, which is still too high for me. I overpaid once for an import system before...the original Playstation. I'll not do it again... ;)

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I have a feeling problems will arise from all of the retailers...

If any of you pay over $350 then you need shot.

And I'm admitting it here: I'm just as excited the PSP is launching as all of you, and its very hard for me not to import one.

5thlion5thlion

Bead Banger
i hope the prices dont get crazy i want one bad my b day is this wendsday
an it could be a great gift for me.
i hope they fullfill the original preorder price

Snooptalian

Hairdresser, ,
5thlion5thlion said:
i hope the prices dont get crazy i want one bad my b day is this wendsday
an it could be a great gift for me.
i hope they fullfill the original preorder price

I wouldn't hold my breath for that $219 pricepoint, but you never know. You may get lucky. Let us know what your email from them says when they confirm the price...

5thlion5thlion

Bead Banger
will do
the price on my account is still at 349 that the value pack an ridge rAcers shipped.
ill keep an i on it though
its the 12 over on that side of the world now so im looking out for any updates.

Snooptalian

Hairdresser, ,
Ok. Good luck. I just looked at Japanvideogames.com and they have the PSP standard pack at $499 with no game, videogameimports has it at 246 GBP which is like $475 for the value pack. It isn't looking good for this thing anywhere... :(

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Well if PlayAsia and NCSX hold out, that will be remarkable.

Good luck guys!

Mawdsley

Belnar Institute Student
Play-Asia email to PSP Preorder customers said:
Possible price increase

Along with the supply shortage, we expect vendors to hike up the price of the first units in the first days or weeks after release. At Play-Asia, we value every preorder and guarantee to offer the lowest price for any preorder that we can afford. In case we cannot hold the currently estimated preorder price, you will receive an e-mail update prior processing of your order. Since your order is non binding, you will be able to cancel your order at any time.

If the price does go up to a stupid ammount, at least we will have the choice to cancel before it ships. According to there last weekly import update page, we can expect an email with the schedule over the weekend.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Mawdsley said:
If the price does go up to a stupid ammount, at least we will have the choice to cancel before it ships. According to there last weekly import update page, we can expect an email with the schedule over the weekend.

I'm guessing the low price of the preorder was to get as many customers interested as possible, then do the price hike.

Hopefully they stay true, but it doesnt look that way.

Seriously, if anyone here pays more than $350 you are a complete moron.

Mawdsley

Belnar Institute Student
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-17-74-p3.html. The email with the inflated price will follow :(

Play-Asia preorders, pricings and further sales schedule

The supply shortage and excessive demand finally lead to inflated prices within the early days (and probably weeks) after the release. Suppliers who still promised affordable deals weeks ago, have raised their prices in the last minutes according to the low supply that has become available.

At Play-Asia we try our best to satisfy all preorder customers in the best way we can do. This results into paying a premium price if you want your unit as quick as possible or taking a waiting time into consideration if the current deal exceeds your budget.

If you have placed a preorder, you will receive an e-mail from us today with detailed information. New orders for PSP™ consoles will remain closed until the majority of pending preorders have been cleared and more sufficient supply has been made available by Sony.

Apart from PSP™ console preorders, we will try to fill all software and hardware preorders within one week. New software and accessory orders remain open at a currently slighly increased price. Depending on the supply situation within the next few days, the estimated shipping time may be exceeded. We will further prioritize all software preorders that were made in combination with a PSP™ console. An update on the entire supply situation will follow within the next couple of days.

Last edited:

Mawdsley

Belnar Institute Student
Well I checked out my account and theres an option to buy the value pack at $529.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Mawdsley said:
Well I checked out my account and theres an option to buy the value pack at $529.

Wow, what bullshit.

And they jacked the price of the games up too...

I hate being patient, but the U.S. one isn't too far away, or is it :eek_2:

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Taken from www.jpngames.co.uk

Hi,

Saturday PSP update for those that have pre-ordered:

Some suppliers have started selling PSP's over the last few days, due to the excessive price hiking I'll be waiting until mid / end of next week before importing any PSP's (Value Packs or Regular). At the current going rate of over £300 for the Value Pack and just under for the Regular it would just be crazy to buy any at the moment.

Hopefully the price will be at a more reasonable level by mid / end of next week and there should still be time for the PSP's to arrive before Christmas for those willing to pay the extra needed. Once I know the final prices and how many PSP's I will get in the first shipment I will let everyone know next week by email.

You can then either choose to pay the extra needed and get one hopefully before Christmas or wait until January when more stock comes onto the market and the price falls further. If the price is still very high by mid / end of next week I will suggest to wait until January unless you desperately must have one for Christmas. There's plenty of other games and the newly released DS to enjoy if the worst comes to the worst.

PSP games - I'm expecting them to arrive around the end of next week or early the week after. It's rumoured there may be a shortage of Lumines, but all other games should be fine. Most people are going for Ridges Racers almost on a 1:1 basis with the PSP, many Lumines which is surprisingly popular and a fair few for Minna no Golf, Metal Gear Acid, and Vampire Saviour.

Also for anyone not wanting to pay the price to get a PSP in December (or if there are not enough to go round in the first shipment), I would still expect you to pay for any PSP games or extras that have been arranged for you and have them sent separately when they arrive.

Like any LCD screen, some PSP units may have dead pixels. The problem is quite bad on the Nintendo DS with many suffering 1-3 dead or stuck pixels, this is due to Nintendo's low quality control when making the screens. Something I can't help obviously. Hopefully the PSP screen will be abit better, but suppliers are already saying they will not accept return of any PSP with dead pixels. Thus I will also not be able to accept the return of PSP's for the reason of dead pixels unless they are very excessive. All PSP's will be sold new / sealed and I will not be checking screens for dead pixels by request before sending orders.

People that want a PSP but didn't pre-order or where too late to pre-order - I absolutely can't accept anymore PSP orders now so please don't email to ask. As I'm sure you can appreciate the constant barrage or PSP related emails can be quite overwhelming and time consuming. Any spare PSP's I get in-stock will be listed on www.jpngames.co.uk once they arrive, and sold on a first come first served basis.

Thanks for reading, enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Mawdsley

Belnar Institute Student
It seems that if you preordered the games you still get them at that price and that if you want to wait till the price comes down u can still get your psp at that price.

EDIT: Play-Asias price seems to indicate its a daily price. Dunno if its likely to go up or down though.

Last edited:

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Mawdsley said:
It seems that if you preordered the games you still get them at that price and that if you want to wait till the price comes down u can still get your psp at that price

Well it really makes no sense in pre-ordering the units then.

By the time that price is available, so will hundreds of thousands PSP's

Plus with the burnt pixel issue, and no returns being accepted...

Just wait till the U.S. launch...

Whenever that is...

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
TonK said:
Do you expect it to be higher?

NCS is still spot on, anyone think that these sites will increase due to demand?

What about lik-sang?

Mawdsley

Belnar Institute Student
Got teh email...
Sony PSP preorder update - your action is required

It's December 12th, 2004 - the official launch date of the Sony PSP™ in Japan. As promised in our last update from approximately 2 weeks ago, this e-mail is intended to give you a roundup of the now ongoing preorder proceedings. We are strictly processing preorders only - no new orders are taken until the majority of our preorders have been cleared.

Before reading this e-mail, we recommend you to read carefully through our Japanese launch news update from today. It contains more detailed information on the overall supply situation as well as a roundup of all launch items.

Supply situation - your action is required

Despite all the negative news about the extreme supply shortage, we at Play-Asia are working hard to make the best out of the whole situation and have custom-tailored a solution for every preorder customer. We are monitoring the supply and pricing situation at anytime, leaving the decision to you when your order shall be prepared and shipped out. From our experience, prices will go down, however predictions can hardly be made at what time this is going to happen.

If you take a look at your order review page online in your customer account, you will now find a "DAILY PRICE PSP-1000" and "DAILY PRICE PSP-1000K (Value Pack)" as alternative option. Those daily price models reflect the current pricing situation, it will be your decision to accept the current price or wait for a better deal.

The deal for the hardcore gamers who simply can't wait currently stands at:

PSP PlayStation Portable (PSP-1000): US$ 489
PSP PlayStation Portable Value Pack (PSP-1000K): US$ 529

Scenario A: You cannot wait and will accept the price increase

Once you choose the "daily price PSP" console as your alternative option, you will automatically accept the current pricing. We are processing orders at least twice a day and shipments of PSP consoles are arriving frequently. If you have paid by credit card, we will automatically debit your card for the accepted price once your order is shipping out. If you have paid by paypal, bank transfer or other manual payment option, you will receive an e-mail with up-payment details.

Please bear in mind that your order will only ship once all items are in stock (so avoid non-launch titles if you want your order quick) and once we have allocations available for your order. The earlier you have preordered, the better will be your chance for shipping out your order as fast as possible. Please also understand that our system reflects prices on a daily basis. Once your order is processed and shipped, we will not issue a refund even in case of a price drop on the next day. On the other side we will revise down your pricing if you have accepted a daily price model but your order was not shipped prior a price break.

Scenario B: You prefer to wait

We understand that the daily price system will affect lots of customers and exceeding the budget for many of you. We are monitoring prices and will issue a price break at the moment we can afford it. You are welcome to disregard the daily price model and wait for an update. You will receive an e-mail at the time the price has been lowered. In case we can meet the preorder pricing and all your order items are in stock, your order will ship automatically without further notice.

Scenario C: You wish to cancel your order

All preorders are non binding. You are welcome to cancel your preorder at any time. If you have paid by credit card, you will find a cancellation button online in your customer account. If you have already paid for your order by paypal or bank transfer, please contact our customer service with your request. Please understand that we are very busy during the Christmas season, it sometimes may take 1 to 3 working days for us to reply to your inquiry. Once your order has been cancelled, it cannot be reactivated.

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Well I guessed this would happen with the release been so close to xmas.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Pure bullshit, I would never pay such an inflanted price for an import hand-held just for having it some weeks earlier.

I'm just wondering what will the people here that has an import unit pre-ordered do?

Mawdsley

Belnar Institute Student
Im still deciding. The next batch from sony is due 22nd december. That may affect the price some.

Snooptalian

Hairdresser, ,
I wonder how many idiots are gonna still get the PSP even at these fucked up prices. From $219 up to $529 plus... :eek: I still haven't had the final email confirmation from lik-Sang yet confirming the absolute first shipment price, just one saying it will be $450-$600. Dipshits....I hope they get stuck with their overpriced bullshit stock, but you know there are idiots out there that will pay any price just to have the first one available. :angry: