Platformers/Scrolling Fighters Advice Pls

Gazado

Overtop Pathfinder
Hi,
following on from my last post, Ive got a AES whooo!

Here is my wish-list :

Raguy / Blues Journey
Garou Mark of Wolves
King of Fighters 94
King of Fighters 98
King of Fighters 01
Magician Lord
Magical Drop
NAM-1975
Samouri Spirits 3
SNK vs Capcom Chaos
Metal Slug 1
Aero Fighters 1
Aero Fighters 2
Aero Fighters 3
Double Dragon
Puzzel Bobble
Sekgoku 3

Some of those games are just waay too expensive to get for AES so Im going to get a Phantom convertor and make do with one of those.

The main point of the post is , what scrolling beat-em-ups are worth a look at and also, what platform games are worth getting (in the guise of Magician Lord).

Basically, I want to get as varied a collection as possible to cover different game styles.

Sooo what would you guys recommend (not including 1 on 1 fighters).

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
welcome uk'er

I'm from there too WOO etc

oh, aero fighters 1 never came out on NEO , it was JAMMA my mama.

anyway AF2 rocks

barf

Maxima's Barber
personally i like a lot mutation nation :) I would have bought it if i had the money at that time (but last resort emptied my wallet).
It s really neo-geoesque: giant sprites, beautifull BGs (most of them), blasting rock, perfect controls, hard and 2P simultaneous :) I finished it in arcades, i just couldn t unstick myself from the cab until the end.

Btw, last resort is a fantastic game.

Last edited:

NeoGeo Hunter

Fio's Quartermaster
Burning Fight, is another good one for neo aes system and its pretty cheap too. I know a lot of neos fans dislike burning fighting but I personally like BF :glee: because it remind me of the good ol feeling in the old school arcade classic. Well give it a try its worth it. :)

Gazado

Overtop Pathfinder
Shame about AeroFighters 1..... I always like to get compelete collections where sensible or just the key picks of the series. If its something like King of Fighters, I dont really want to get every single version of the game, so Ive decided to get the key points (every few years release).

I'll try the roms before I make a purchase of the games listed here so thanks for the pointers :)