Plasma: Break In period

recon_zero

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
What do you guys think about the break in period in Plasma Tvs to achieve maximum performance and longer live period?

I downloaded an ISO with still images and stuff, the maker claims it works and it's necesary to play once in a while for the first 100-200 hours

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
It's a good idea to break in your plasma, but it's not really necessary to use an ISO or any program in particular.

I'd just stay away from static images during the first few hundred hours (bright logos, video game healthbars, cropped images, etc.). Basically, you want all the pixels on the screen to be getting equal color and intensity distribution on average, which happens normally while watching 16:9 movies, TV shows, etc.

scotty

n00b
When I got mine I spent some time reading up in a av forum, they were basically saying for the first 100-200 hours turn all the settings way down, colour, contrast etc, also if your plasma has different settings like, dynamic, natural and cinema that its best to use cinema during the break in period, dynamic could just burn the shit out it...... Had mine for a year now and never had a prob with screen burn though I did get image retention once, mine has a screenwipe (just turns screen white for a minute) doing that took away the problem............just wish mine worked with my neo geo! grrr damn the uk's pal system...... good luck with it