Planning an SNK Major-Need advice

Dark_Geese

Morden's Lackey
Hi NG.com fans..I am sure many of you know me as the person promoting SNK games in the US..well now its time for me to start getting my own Major as my sponsors got it all really ready to go (financially) I need your opinion on what I should have in it etc...

I am thinking between Dallas and El Paso and having huge pot bonuses for it..

El Paso right now is the better one because I can get international competition from across the border in Juarez, Mexico.

But what do you think..

for now we are talking about the main games being:

2002UM, KOFXI (Which will be KOFXII), 98UM, WHP, Garou, NGBC, Sam Sho II...

Any other suggestions?

ilazul

Enemy Chaser
I never get sick of seeing last blade 2 matches. Otherwise that's a pretty solid line up. Are there really that many WHP players out there? The only other suggestion is Sam Sho Tenka, but II is more than enough.

Side events:

Waku Waku 7
Twinkle Star Sprites
Magical Drop III
Windjammers

...Hey that's what I'd do. :)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
DG,

Get rid of some of those. Some of those like WHP and NGBC are just NOT fun. If you want a cheesy game to replace them get Survival Arts.

Garou
KOF98
Waku Waku 7
Windjammers
Sam Sho 2
Last Blade 2
Fucking Buriki One if you have it.

Oh and most importantly, STANDARDIZED CONTROLS.

Dark_Geese

Morden's Lackey
I never get sick of seeing last blade 2 matches. Otherwise that's a pretty solid line up. Are there really that many WHP players out there? The only other suggestion is Sam Sho Tenka, but II is more than enough.

Side events:

Waku Waku 7
Twinkle Star Sprites
Magical Drop III
Windjammers

...Hey that's what I'd do. :)

There are a few WHP players out there make no mistake about it..but I surely want you guys input because this is for the most part YOUR TOURNAMENT...this is an SNK tournament..so I surely want the input of SNK players..

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Are you going to be recording the gameplay vids?

caleb1883

Super Spy Agent
El Paso sucks balls. Dallas is a way better location. There are ten times more flights into DFW, so you could attract way more players to Dallas. There is more of everything in Dallas. It personally makes a huge difference for me. I would fly into Dallas no problem. But El Paso? Come on.

Hey DG, we met at evo... if you remember me.

I think if you had your own major you would have less problems running a tourney than at evo where for the most part, your SNK tournies are a side tourney to the reason people came to the event (this was the case with me, if you remember I told you "I love KOF but I am here to play ST, so if you keep calling me and I am playing ST, go ahead and forfeit me", haha)

Anyways I think you DEFINITELY need to find people who have experience running tournaments to take a lot of the burden off of you. IMO a person per game+assistant is the best if the person running the tourney is also a competitor.

Also I agree that NGBC is trash and should be replaced with something, unless you think NGBC will have a bigger turnout than whatever you are going to have... I would seriously rather play Breakers Revenge or FFS, or even ROTD MUCH more than NGBC, but that is just my opinion.

Good luck man, and see you at evo. Keep in mind that neo-geo.com is mostly collectors and not competitors, so I would go to more competitive minded forums...

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
Whatever happened to the Real Bout 2 love, but I'm pretty sure you prefer RBS. I second for Last Blade and replacing NGBC for RotD. It would be nice to see RotD matches, just as much as some high level LB matches.