Phobias

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
What you got? How bad is it?

10 years ago I'd hand on heart say I wasn't afraid of anything. Now I've got a real dislike of heights and claustrophobia settling in.

I regret moving into this little treehouse.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
What you got? How bad is it?

10 years ago I'd hand on heart say I wasn't afraid of anything. Now I've got a real dislike of heights and claustrophobia settling in.

I regret moving into this little treehouse.
phallophobia. it's not that bad. I manage it.

BeefJerky

Yahweh's Sneakiest Little Jew
20 Year Member
Do you guys know the word for "fear of long words"?

It's "Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia".

How cruel is that? :keke:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I used to be really scared of dogs growing up. Used to dream they would attack me, would even feel actual pain from the bite.
But that was around 30 years ago. Last dream I had where a dog was about to attack me, I hugged it and it licked my face and that was it. Pretty crazy

Moob Butter

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
The steel cooker hood in my kitchen has a really sharp edge and I keep bumping into it when pissed and trying to cook something.

My phobia is one day it will knock me out cold and my house will burn down, killing me in the process and I won't even get to eat my bacon sandwich first.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I have an irrational fear of wasps, especially hornets. Not really a fan of any flying insects tbh. Mosquitos love me. Fuck horseflies as well. Bees get a pass because they actually have a purpose in life.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Spiders. Do not like them.

A few weeks ago I picked up my cat's food bowl to toss out the few little crumbs and wash it and I got it about halfway from the ground to walking height and there was this little spider crawling in it. Just big enough to have all the identifiable spider characteristics, startled me so bad that I just utterly launched the thing away from me... and the bowl, which was made of porcelain, landed directly on the water bowl, which was also made of much thinner porcelain, and the water bowl shattered in little pieces.

So splintered pieces of glass-like porcelain from the water bowl all over the floor plus an intact food bowl with various food crumbs and a now-drowned spider and soaked carpet.

Tossed the food bowl in a trash bag, picked up all the pieces I could find from the water bowl, then got out the wet vac to get whatever I couldn't see easily. Covered the water bowl area in sheets just in case and put a new bowl down. Cat came in and looked at me like, TF man.

StevenK

10 Year Member
I have an irrational fear of wasps, especially hornets. Not really a fan of any flying insects tbh. Mosquitos love me. Fuck horseflies as well. Bees get a pass because they actually have a purpose in life.
I'd say flying insects don't bother me too much, but have you ever been on a cruise? A couple of weeks out at sea, zero wasps, mosquitoes, flies, gnats, any air-shit, you quickly notice something is just better.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Gonna need a picture of your cat.
Against all common sense and IT knowledge, I have somehow not been able to transfer my old pics from Galaxy Whatevs to Pixel 8.

I assume the takeaway here is that I'm retarded but it's sort of weird when everything else was so easy.

Anyway, might try it again in a few days, but she's mostly black with a little white fur and she says Fuck Tha Police.

And that Jerry Heller took it raw with

Yeah my 20-year-old cat is gangster AF.

She knows Dre done lost it.

Last edited:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I honestly do very much enjoy Easy's response in the form of

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Jesus Christ this was supposed to be about spiders.

Pitchfork hire me I guess?

Moob Butter

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I have an irrational fear of wasps, especially hornets.

Yeah I’m similar I hate wasps too. It’s not irrational as they do sting you for no reason other than they are cunts sometimes, unlike bees which need to be provoked.

Wasps get even more annoying in late summer/autumn as they eat fermented fruit, get drunk, and as they know they are about to die they decide to take you down with them.

Wasps, truly the skinheads of the insect world.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Against all common sense and IT knowledge, I have somehow not been able to transfer my old pics from Galaxy Whatevs to Pixel 8.
I've transferred every picture I've taken over the past twelve years to an external HDD. It is the most precious thing I own. I should really look more into preservation beyond that, though. I never even got into the Cloud, wow.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I've transferred every picture I've taken over the past twelve years to an external HDD. It is the most precious thing I own. I should really look more into preservation beyond that, though. I never even got into the Cloud, wow.

I’d say copy the files to another hard drive and send it to your mom but we know she’d just throw it away.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
All flying insects pollinate. Even flies. Bees are best controllable (and produce edible honey) so that is why they are our preferred pollinators.
Wasp are super easy to kill just clap on them hard, if you open your hands fast enough you don't even get stung.

StevenK

10 Year Member
Wasp are super easy to kill just clap on them hard, if you open your hands fast enough you don't even get stung.
I don't think wyo is actually worried that a wasp could take him in a fight

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
I don't think wyo is actually worried that a wasp could take him in a fight
I assume the fear comes from being afraid of being stung. but actually you can take them out easily without being stung