PHANTOM1 vs SUPERGUN

neotucker

Kuroko's Training Dummy
lol **SORRY FUCK NO'S WOT HAPPEND ABOVE**
the situation is i want to play sum of the rarer and more sought after AES games(slug1, showdown4, pulstar, MotW etc etc..) but cant afford them so I've decided to get them on MVS instead but how to play them is the question, do i get a phantom1 converter or a super-gun? help

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
I would say Supergun. I have a Phantom-1, and it works pretty well, but for some reason it randomly does not play some games. I even have the proper voltage running to my system and it won't help.

EDIT: I do have the newest version.

<small>[ February 15, 2003, 11:55 AM: Message edited by: dmhawkmoon ]</small>

Alkanan

Sakura's Bank Manager
Phantom 1 if you already own an AES and supergun if you don't.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Phantom-1 is an overpriced piece of shit. It's literally $30 worth of parts that's tight as a motherfucker when you first get it, and takes forever before you can use it in a semi-normal manner. That thing should be $79 AT BEST. Fuck lining Ray Young's pockets. He's not much better than Dion.

Don't forget, with a SuperGun/Sigma you can enjoy all kinds of wicked-ass JAMMA compatible games. If you're gonna go MVS, go the whole nine and be able to enjoy all manner of great arcade shit. That's arcade, NOT ARCADE!

BlackSpy

Tsrgoihrea,
20 Year Member
If you have the space go for the Supergun, especially as they are pretty cheap in the UK and, as noted above are very flexible with other formats.

If you don't have the space then the Phantom is a pretty good bit of kit.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
If you already have a full modded AES and only want to play neo games just get the Phantom.

But since you live in Europe your TV supports RGB, so getting a supergun with a MVS board wouldn't be that hard nor expensive. It's a bit more complicated to make it work, but you have much more freedom. Also with the use of the unibios in a MVS board you can have the same features as AES.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I vote SuperGun also. Even if you have a modded AES, I would still go the route of a SuperGun setup or atleast a consolized MVS system.

I agree with Loopz, although I have never actually owned a Phantom1, it looks like something that should cost $99 at most. And regardless of what Ray says, too many people have had problems with it in their AES. From the loose slot issue to legit games just not fucking working.

MVS SuperGun is the best route to go for your MVS titles.

Or build a general purpose SuperGun so that you can enjoy not only MVS stuff, but all the other wonderful arcade pcb's.

<small>[ February 15, 2003, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: broken ]</small>

neotucker

Kuroko's Training Dummy
buttrock thats been a great help guys but duz n e 1 no any decent places in europe well the UK really that sells n e decent superguns!!!?

and so the majority of u say supergun yeah spock ?

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
neotucker thats been a great help guys but duz n e 1 no any decent places in europe well the UK really that sells n e decent superguns!!!?
just let me know, if you're interested :

<a href="http://www.sgrepository.com/modules.php?set_albumName=supergoose7901&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php" target="_blank">http://www.sgrepository.com/modules.php?set_albumName=supergoose7901&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php</a>

supergoose@gmx.de

i can get you a consolized mv-1fz (without jrok), too.

and so the majority of u say supergun yeah spock ?
definitely. you'll have more fun with the uni-bios and the rgb version of the modded mv-1fz will cost you way less than a phantom1.

Tiptonium

Tech Support Moderator,
Loopz:
Phantom-1 is an overpriced piece of shit. It's literally $30 worth of parts...blah blah blah
So, where can I get all of the parts and instructions to build such a thing? Oh, and the R&D was free right?

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
Tiptonium:
Loopz:
Phantom-1 is an overpriced piece of shit. It's literally $30 worth of parts...blah blah blah
So, where can I get all of the parts and instructions to build such a thing? Oh, and the R&D was free right?
You gonna examine the one I send you and make your own, Tip? wink

Tiptonium

Tech Support Moderator,
dmhawkmoon:
Tiptonium:
Loopz:
You gonna examine the one I send you and make your own, Tip? wink
Heheheh.... short answer.... no! :D

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
broken said:
I vote SuperGun also. Even if you have a modded AES, I would still go the route of a SuperGun setup or atleast a consolized MVS system.

I agree with Loopz, although I have never actually owned a Phantom1, it looks like something that should cost $99 at most. And regardless of what Ray says, too many people have had problems with it in their AES. From the loose slot issue to legit games just not fucking working.

MVS SuperGun is the best route to go for your MVS titles.

Or build a general purpose SuperGun so that you can enjoy not only MVS stuff, but all the other wonderful arcade pcb's.

<small>[ February 15, 2003, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: broken ]</small>
Agreed beside the, P1 is over rated and doesn't do what it's supose to.

Argentina94

Slug Flyer Pilot
20 Year Member
To post in a thread that's been dead long ago, I recently learned that the best way to play MVS is with a dedicated player, not an adapter for your AES.

I have a fully modded AES with Neobitz and despite it all, I'd still get a consolized MVS if I decided to start collecting arcade carts as well.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
This is why MVS is just so much more worth it, the systems are cheap and so are the games.