PHANTOM 1 SCANS

EddyIori

New Challenger
Hello. I was thinking if any of you here whoi had a Phantom 1 would disassemble it and take hi resolution pics or scan the boards. I searched over all places and I cant find it. OK I am a very curious person and I am thinking seriously abou that possibility of playing AES games on a MVS system. WHY??? I have some games in AES format and its not esay to find them in MVS. I dont know hot to make conversions. And the possibility of ruining my cartridge makes me feel sick since I love them. To try making this conversion I can buy a cheaper single slot mvs board. :eye: :help:

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Phantom dosen't let you plat AES games on a MVS, only the other way around (MVS on AES). Scans won't help you hear bud.

Lime2K

Host for Orochi
yeah, but if there are scans, It might be able to be reversed. I'm curious about this, too, for curiosity's sake. Anyone got one?

EddyIori

New Challenger
YEAH

thats it Lime, you're right. thats what i think. And will work for it.
Also I am making comparations between mvs bords vs aes boards of the game Real bout special.
I am making a table saying where each pin on the edge conector of the cart goes conected inside the cart.
Like: pin A2 goes to the pin 32 of the neo pcm chip.
pin A45 goes to pin 12 of the V2 chip...
and thas it.
With scans of the phanton this woulb be much easier :multi_co:

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
You might want to look at the obvious difference between your AES and MVS RBS carts.

And after looking at that, you may want to pick up an AES and MVS copy of Sengoku 3 for the answers you really want.

I can't spell everything out for you or you wouldn't learn anything...but if you need more tips, let me know.

Jeff

EddyIori

New Challenger
okay

Thankz mr Kurtz.
The hard parts is that I'll have to buy a Sengoku 3 on AES and MVS for comparation job, since here nobody have any of them and if someone had I doubt they would let me disassemble them to do this research.
Ah btw, can I caonvert a AES Magician Lord to MVS format?? Wich game I'll have to sacrifice to do it? Thank you guys!! :buttrock:

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
asking for infomation always seems to be luaghed at around here. thinking new thought is always luaghed at by those who are stuck in the good old days.

i wish i had a phatom 1 to scan and help you out.

i hope you the best

EddyIori

New Challenger
HEEEEEELLLPPP!!!

Hey I found a pic of the PHANTOM-1 and is possible to see many of the data tracks. If someone who have it could be kind enough to take hi resolution pics or even scan it would br great. NO NEED TO DISASSEMBLE IT. just take pics of the outer sides. I'll give credit for the person who provides me the pics.
I want to make this happen. Just dont want to buy this adaptor just to make those pics.

Urbain03

Quiz Detective
I scanned mine a while ago... here are hi-res pics of the 2 PCB's, both sides:

Pic 1 ("inside" sides)

Pic 2 ("outside" sides)

Anyway, I don't think this scan will help you, as an important part of the solders and maybe some chips are hidden under a black thing which is glued inside the Phantom.

Urbain03

Quiz Detective
...and even more: this is impossible to trace where every track leads...

For example: look at the audio outputs. It looks like they aren't wired to anything. But in reality if you test them with a multimeter, you see that they lead to pins in the center of the connector. Which is impossible to see by following any track on the PCB.

Hope you understood what i wanted to explain... ;)

UncaJJ

Mega Shock!!
Urbain03 said:
...and even more: this is impossible to trace where every track leads...

For example: look at the audio outputs. It looks like they aren't wired to anything. But in reality if you test them with a multimeter, you see that they lead to pins in the center of the connector. Which is impossible to see by following any track on the PCB.

Hope you understood what i wanted to explain... ;)

Are you trying to say it might be a 3 layer pcb??

Urbain03

Quiz Detective
Yes, it might be a multi-layer PCB, if that type of things exists... i don't know anything about eletronic in general. The only thing I can say is what i posted about the audio outputs: they seem to be not wired to anything on the PCB, but when you test them with a multimeter, you see that they current floats between them and some pins on the Neo connector...

UncaJJ

Mega Shock!!
Yeah, it's got to be a multi layer pcb sine it looks as if all of the connections are connected to the same point...

doggydodomi

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
DSCF0057.JPG

Cheaper to just get an MVS or a phantom-1 then to try and make one yourself.

This pics belong to my friend who has hardwired an additional slots on an AES so as it could play both AES and MVS carts but not accept both at the same time.

Robert

20 Year Member
After reading this thread, I wonder why no one has ever made a converter to play AES games on a MVS. It could be useful.

EddyIori

New Challenger
THANK YOU !!!!

Thank you Urbain, you are the kind of person that is cool to know. Now I have something to work on. Hehehe. Even though I cant follow all tracks , the ones I can follow will help dramatically. This chip is the protection code circuit as was stated by mr. JMKurtz. I dont want to play the new titles, I need to play the old ones, since I have some and can get many for really cheap as yesterday in an event that fate made very happy and surprised. I said that I would not buy an AES system again but then... A friend come to me and offered me a Japanese AES system with Art of Fighting and Magician Lord for the amazing price of U$32,00!!!
The system is in EXCELLENT CONDITION!!! But no worries I will continue on to to the converting job. I like challenges. Thank You all for the support.
:D :chimp:

EddyIori

New Challenger
Whats the code of the chip????

Thanks doggydodomi. By the way, can you read and post here what is written on the chip?? The picture is not clear.
Thankz!

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
Robert said:
After reading this thread, I wonder why no one has ever made a converter to play AES games on a MVS. It could be useful.
because it's easier and less expensive to put a ngh system in a cab.