PGM2 system thoughts

metalslug5

n00b
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to say a bit about this new system and game. I am very impressed to say the least. At first i was a little skeptical, but after a few hours of gaming i was convinced. The background graphics are better, not leaps and bounds, but better. The music is quite a bit better, but the sprites are what is phenomenal! The sprites are breathtaking and the speed is unbelievable. The amount of sprites, speed, color on screen at once is amazing, i have never seen anything like it! So much color and animation, kinda reminds me of MVC and Pgm combined. The game itself is long and hard, surpassing all the KOV in length and difficulty. The save card feature is awesome, and once you format a card it belongs to that character only. It saves power level, money, weapons, tools. The gameplay is very good and addictive. The characters are quite different from each other and are balanced properly. I am excited about the future of this system, if they continue to support it with the likes of what was on the original pgm, we are in for some great gamming. Expensive but worth it! 2D is not dead!

Last edited:

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
As much as the arcade industry has declined, I'm skeptical about any board without multiple companies developing titles on it. The PGM2 is only as good as what IGS makes for it. Same thing for Examu's EX-BOARD which is essentially an Arcana Heart 2 - only board at this point.

The Taito X2 is the best looking board for future titles right now with Capcom, SNKP, and Arc all using it. Good luck finding game-only sales this early in its lifespan, though.

Tango

Tung's Hair Stylist
cool to hear man! I plan on picking this up eventually.

As well though Id be curious to hear where you got it and for how much.....