Persona 4 Arena

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
Who is picking this up today? I plan on jumping on after work and try out some of the trials. I won't be online till later in the night after I start to feel comfortable with the system.

360 GT: UnholySpectacle

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Got to play some before it broke street date last night, and then today. I think it's a really fun game with a lot of good things going for it. Been using Teddie and loving him. I loved Guilty Gear, was meh about Blazblu, but this game is really pulling me back to arcsys' fighting games.

jeffkun34

20 Year Member
I need to put some more time into it but so far I am not feeling it. I might enjoy it more if it did not have the "mash A for a free combo into super" system. Sure you can burst out of it easy but I probably won 5 online matches with Kanji just with the A button.

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
i downloading this for my JTAG about a week ago..i agree with the not feeling it post...i played it for a couple of hours and deleted it. Not gonna pick it up

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Got it for the triple, will be online with it on the weekend

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I've been seeing a lot of sites giving the game 9's, but I'm going to keep reading here for real reactions. I got burned on the last three fighting games I bought. (SFxT, UMVC3 and SCV) I also didn't like Blazeblu but I got it a couple of months after they released it and nobody would play it online since I was a new player and by the time I felt like I was getting good Continuum Shift came out. If it ends up being fun like Guilty Gear I might just trade in the other four fighters and hope I only have to pay 20 bucks to get it.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Someone please explain this mash :A: for a free combo into super shit.

jeffkun34

20 Year Member
If you keep hitting A it will give you a free 5-6 hit combo, and if you have at least 50sp when you do it, the game will automatically cancel the last hit into a super. You can do all kinds of long impressive combos but due to damage scaling it really is not worth trying since the mash A combos are so damn effective.

I think the mash A function should have been optional for beginners. But since it is a regular part of the game, it really makes me not care about the title that much. I prefer a game like Guilty Gear where more skill is required.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I ordered this the other day and am waiting for it to come in even though I hardly have time to learn a new fighting game. Anyone have any good suggestions for an easier character to use? How do you guys like it so far? It has gotten a lot of positive reviews and it certainly looks great in the videos....

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
I played a friends for a couple hours the other day and thought it was a blast. Like most arc stuff it's much deeper than you initially suspect. The mash A combo thing is really annoying, and I'd rather it not be there, but it's not a game breaker by any means. There are a couple of combo breakers etc to counter it, and you can punish the hell out of someone after you block it usually.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Sounds a bit like SF X Tekken... - Deep for sure, very much fun no doubt but aspects that anyone can milk a little too much like quick combos and gems. Any new major fighting game excites the hell out of me... I can't wait for it to come in.