pelican real arcade stick problem

firebomber

Astra Superstar
Picked up one of the PS2 only models today because they were on sale for 20 bucks.
Stick works perfectly on the PS2. Later on I tried to use the stick on my computer via a ps2->usb adapter but it simply will not work. It's not the converters fault since other controllers work. Is this a common problem with the stick?

firebomber

Astra Superstar
Alright after digging through various webpages the consensus is that these sticks won't run through any adaptors for the ps2 version or through the ps2 plug of the universal version.
Should be easy enough to fix. I'll just hack a spare psx pad and replace the guts inside and that should work.

Let it be a warning though to people that buy the stick.. If you want to use a psx->usb adapter you're not going to be able to do it straight out of the box.

ToeJam

Marked Wolf
It doesn't have to always mean he's playing "TEH ROMZ"

I use my joystick to play computer games. Granted I play Halo on PC with an XBOX converter, but still.

SuperGunGuru

Galford's Armourer
I plan to pick up a few of these and hack them so I can finally get player 3 and 4 controllers for my super gun.

firebomber

Astra Superstar
Nostromo said:
Dont worry, I was only joking :D

Meh, you were half right :tickled: I do endulge in the occasional teh rom, but mainly I wanted it for other things.
That and it's not just the usb convertors either, it's also convertors for DC, Xbox, etc.
Swapped in an old psx digital pad board and now it's working like a champ. I can only wonder why the original board doesn't work.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
the bright side is that if you swap out the guts, you have an easy to make converter to use neo sticks on your psx...

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Where do people pick up their sticks? Specially for only $20? I am looking to buy a couple but don't want to spend $50 a pop!

firebomber

Astra Superstar
Gamestop has them for $20. After they got in the Universal sticks for $50 they marked all of the single system only ones to $20-25.

the bright side is that if you swap out the guts, you have an easy to make converter to use neo sticks on your psx...
Yeah, the guts from the pelican would make for a great neo-->psx converter. The board is incredibly small... Like 1.5"X1.5"