PCE Works reprinting more Splatterhouse and Magical Chase

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
hahaha weeeeee!

I don't have original hardware anymore, but I do get a huge kick out of collectors who hate PCEW. I was a huge PCE collector from 90's up until last year. These never bothered me, it was a great way to snag some games that were Unobtanium. Even the US Magical Chase box is awesome. I honestly do WISH this hurt the collector's market. It never does, even with all the bitching....but goddamn, would be awesome if the "value" of games dropped because of high-class boots. The whole scene could use a good shakedown, honestly. Reset the market back a few years. Scare off people thinking they are "investing". :rolleyes:

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
The hate PCEWorks get isn't about collectardism and "value" at all... ask some homebrew devs and fan translators about it sometime.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
The hate PCEWorks get isn't about collectardism and "value" at all.

It really is, IN ADDITION to your point.

ask some homebrew devs and fan translators about it sometime.
I see this too - same goes for the literal SHIT-TON of retards on Etsy selling fanslated carts for crazy amounts. I've seen Final Fantasy carts with homemade boxes and manuals selling for like $200. But the audience that buys that crap, they don't care.

But i also see a ton of "sealed collectors" butthurt, which is actually wonderful...sealed game collecting is AIDs

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
hahaha weeeeee!

I don't have original hardware anymore, but I do get a huge kick out of collectors who hate PCEW. I was a huge PCE collector from 90's up until last year. These never bothered me, it was a great way to snag some games that were Unobtanium. Even the US Magical Chase box is awesome. I honestly do WISH this hurt the collector's market. It never does, even with all the bitching....but goddamn, would be awesome if the "value" of games dropped because of high-class boots. The whole scene could use a good shakedown, honestly. Reset the market back a few years. Scare off people thinking they are "investing". :rolleyes:
They're fakes. Shelf candy for people who don't mind counterfeits. Just get an Everdrive and burn some nice lacquer CDR's.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
The Japanese version of Splatterhouse isn't even that rare or expensive... at least it wasn't six months ago.

Anyway... I could care less about PCEW, but I probably would prefer if they did something a bit more obvious to distinguish their games from the original production runs. I think there is a difference between making a game more obtainable for those who want a physical copy and an outright counterfeit carbon-copy of the original.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I got a US Splatterhouse decent condition with everything but the box for about $100 a year or two ago.

There's some other guy I follow on Twitter who does PCE reprints. He acts like he's doing some kind of important legitimate service that people need, rather than bootlegging. It's weird to see. I guess maybe people want fakes to complete their collections with the games they've given up on.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
I got a US Splatterhouse decent condition with everything but the box for about $100 a year or two ago.

There's some other guy I follow on Twitter who does PCE reprints. He acts like he's doing some kind of important legitimate service that people need, rather than bootlegging. It's weird to see. I guess maybe people want fakes to complete their collections with the games they've given up on.

I can't fathom, honestly. I bought a few PCEW releases, mainly because I wanted Cychorider and Force Gear as their own disks. I have the mook w/Cychorider, but the bootleg was way less trouble to pop in and play. Force Gear took work to get loaded OG hardware as well. So those, I totally understand. The HuCard bootlegs make zero sense to me.

I guess it's a form of emulation? But you aren't emulating anything but the tactile sensation? It's retarded.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I have a few pceworks,bootlegs that i got in the mid 2000's discs only but that's it.Still there overpriced to begin with and i don't get the reason why to make copies of common games such as splatterhouse.Heck with the recent turbo everdrive pro that came out recently it makes pceworks rather useless as of late.