PCE Works Mega Engine

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I'm gonna be honest, with all the nastiness Tobias has done over the years, I'd buy a mister and be done with it instead of supporting someone who steals other people's work and sells it for profit. Just sayin'

Bootleg Sapphire anyone?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Yea, I heard about this guy making money off of other people's work. I'm not saying to support him, just putting it out there. From what I could tell. If you've been screwed by Analouge, TerraOnion, or PCEw, it still doesn't stop most people from not giving a shit and buying from them.

I agree with you though. Translated Rondo too wasn't his either.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
this just goes to show how booming the bootlegs are doing. There's a right and wrong way...this group is all about the wrong way.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I’d never buy from anyone who can’t afford the $10 for a domain name.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
I’d never buy from anyone who can’t afford the $10 for a domain name.

Jeebus dude... I didn’t even notice that when I first looked at this post.

I guess shitebootz.com is a hot commodity.

Edit: Cmon Tobias. :lolz:

573446E8-E5B7-4799-9EFE-6E64D63286D2.jpeg

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Who keeps buying these worthless repro/bootleg games? Just burn a CDR, get a flash cart and be done with it. They can't keep making them if people don't buy them.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Given the generic shape of this console and no mention of FPGA I'm guessing this is just cheap chinese junk that will have clones on Aliexpress for three fiddy by 90 different generic sellers, by the end of the year.

Who keeps buying these worthless repro/bootleg games? Just burn a CDR, get a flash cart and be done with it. They can't keep making them if people don't buy them.

A surprising amount of people do. Manufacturing bare CDs is pennies on the dollar and packaging increases prices into the single digit dollar range, but instead of having robin hoodian bootleggers that sell reliable boots for cheap (so you can actually play games on most hardware that can't handle CDRs anymore) you get all this wankery. Funny thing is that depending on the manufacturing plant pressed discs aren't any better than me burning a Plasmon disc in a pioneer burner.

People have brain worms and I didn't even mention how shitty Tobias' practices were as Kid Panda mentioned (Sapphire 2nd print, bootlegs of fan translations and conversions without permission causing at least 2 people to stop making them, etc. etc.). No one has any fucking backbone outside of this forum these days it seems.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

Many people say that having a flash cart isn't the same because they feel it's too easy to switch between games on a flash cart. So what they are saying is that they can't just focus on that one game unless they have the actual game. I never understood that. I think the real reason is they want the game for collection and has nothing to do with focus. There is nothing wrong with that but I just don't buy the focus thing. Some people would rather by a bootleg/repro single neo-geo game instead of owning a flash cart. Whatever floats their boat.

The other big one is I can't afford the original game but I actually want to own the game even if it's fake.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Many people say that having a flash cart isn't the same because they feel it's too easy to switch between games on a flash cart. So what they are saying is that they can't just focus on that one game unless they have the actual game. I never understood that.

I never got that reasoning either, but there are a lot of autistic weirdos in this hobby so it’s certainly plausible.

The other big one is I can't afford the original game but I actually want to own the game even if it's fake.

This is why I picked up some of these PCE Works releases. They are super nice quality, are actual pressed CDs, and a lot of these games are just too expensive to justify buying a real one IMHO.

Outside of the first Sapphire release, they are clearly marked as not being original. That first release is certainly a bootleg since it seems they were trying to fool people into thinking it was legit. Folks were selling them to second hand stores in Japan for instance.

But since I picked up a SSDS3 I haven’t felt the need to buy anything for my PCE. I’ve been moving towards flash solutions instead of having stacks of games I never play.

This new console is certainly weird and unexpected. Between this and the Analouge one it’s nice for those who want to get into the PCE and have a cheaper plug and play solution.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I can't understand "collecting" it if it's fake. Maybe if the game was never released.

I think it's definitely true it's hard to focus on a game when you have a collection of roms. However, you've taken it too far if the problem is so bad that you have to print a fake copy of the game.

Last edited:

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Who here is going to unsubscribe Razo from the email list?