PCE Super SD System 3 - Terraonion New Product (Dec 2017)

Hi,

I don't know if this question belongs here, it's a problem but not a technical problem... I'm trying to register my unit on the support page but the system keeps telling me that the serial number (double checked in the sticker and the options menu) is not in the database.

Are we supposed to register the devices there for downloads and whatnot or the site is only for the neosd's?.

Thanks in advance.

#1603 ... look ... there is some explanation about this !

"Hello,

Super SD System 3 still hasn´t been added to downloads section, the whole website is being reworked as we speak.

BTW have we shipped your SSDS3 by Correos? if so, could you tell me how much time it took (just curious)

BTW 2 : we are working on dropping Correos and replacing it with DHL, i spent 3 hours today copying trackings by hand, Correos is no longer apropiated for our shipments amount.

Alex,"

torgo100

Kuroko's Training Dummy
So, I'm having a problem on the CD side of things. I created some subfolders to break thing sup for easier navigation. So it goes CD -> #-C (for example).

On the HuCard side, these subfolders are all working fine, but for "CD ROMS", none of these subfolders have a Folder icon, and when I try to access any of them, it just launches into the System Card that I've previously chosen from the "bios" folder.

I completely reformatted the MiccroSD card, and re-copied files to it. I'm just not sure what I'm doing wrong at this point.

Yes, I've read the manual

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
So, I'm having a problem on the CD side of things. I created some subfolders to break thing sup for easier navigation. So it goes CD -> #-C (for example).

On the HuCard side, these subfolders are all working fine, but for "CD ROMS", none of these subfolders have a Folder icon, and when I try to access any of them, it just launches into the System Card that I've previously chosen from the "bios" folder.

I completely reformatted the MiccroSD card, and re-copied files to it. I'm just not sure what I'm doing wrong at this point.

Yes, I've read the manual

If you hit the select button on the controller it switches from hu card to CD. If you select cd the folders should pop up and if you hit start on a specific CD folder it should bring you to the Super CD bios and all you have to do is press start to load.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Also make sure you have a folder named bios in the root directory. Put all your Pce CD bios files in there and make sure you select which one you want to use.

torgo100

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Hitting Select, and I only have 3 files in the bios folder (limit is 10 according to the manual), and selected which one I want to use.

torgo100

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Torgo, made this quick video. Hope it helps

https://youtu.be/gLXa2Mk4hKE

Yeah, see the folder icon the left of your folders? I don't have any icons for any of my CD stuff. Are we limited to how deep we can go with folders maybe?

No matter which side I'm on, I can't browse any of my CD folders at all.

HuCard and Supergrafx ROMs are all working fine

neosd

Neosd Developer
Yeah, see the folder icon the left of your folders? I don't have any icons for any of my CD stuff. Are we limited to how deep we can go with folders maybe?

No matter which side I'm on, I can't browse any of my CD folders at all.

HuCard and Supergrafx ROMs are all working fine

Can you open the .cue file of any of your cd images and paste it here ? (its a text file at all), i have a feeling about the cues of your images may be using Absolute routes instead of relative routes

torgo100

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Sure, also uploading a quick video as well.

FILE "Camp California [SCD][TGXCD1013][ICOM Simulations][1993][PCE][raph99].BIN" BINARY
TRACK 01 AUDIO
INDEX 01 00:00:00
TRACK 02 MODE1/2352

(Cleaned-up, deleted the rest of the file)

Last edited:

torgo100

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I think that I just figured it out. I was shortening all of the file names of the .bin/cue files to clean things up, but the full names are being referenced in these .cue files.

Uggh

neosd

Neosd Developer
I think that I just figured it out. I was shortening all of the file names of the .bin/cue files to clean things up, but the full names are being referenced in these .cue files.

Uggh

It looked like a cue issue to my eyes ;)
If you rename the bin files, it will not work cause the cue contains the names of the tracks.

:)

torgo100

Kuroko's Training Dummy
It looked like a cue issue to my eyes ;)
If you rename the bin files, it will not work cause the cue contains the names of the tracks.

:)

Yup, got it. That's what I get for trying to be neat and tidy lol. Thanks!

torgo100

Kuroko's Training Dummy
You are welcome,

BTW, thanks to RAZO for the help

Also, thank you for developing this thing. I'm a Turbo/PC Engine fanboy, and this has totally reignited a flame in me for the system. I know that you've hinted at a new product after this, and even though I'm not a huge fan overall, I'd like to throw out there that something similar for the Genesis/Mega Drive CD (and possibly the 32X) would pretty incredible to have.

You don't know how happy that his device makes me, and I'll be showing it off at a huge retro games conference here at the beginning of April. A lot of my friends have been asking about it :-)

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I thought maybe it was a file format that was incorrect but glad NeoSd stepped in and it was just a name issue.

torgo100

Kuroko's Training Dummy
So, I copied the untouched files over and it's still happening. I guess I need to find a new source for CD images. At least the rips that I've done seem to be working so far.

comp1demon

n00b
So, I copied the untouched files over and it's still happening. I guess I need to find a new source for CD images. At least the rips that I've done seem to be working so far.

Just manually edit your BIN/CUE - pretty simple.

GO into the CUE..

FILE "Camp California [SCD][TGXCD1013][ICOM Simulations][1993][PCE][raph99].BIN" BINARY
TRACK 01 AUDIO
TRACK 02 MODE1/2352

Change it to

FILE "GAME.BIN" BINARY
TRACK 01 AUDIO
TRACK 02 MODE1/2352
Save it as game.cue

Then Rename the BIN file to GAME as well. So it is Game.bin

If it is in it's own subfolder with full name "Camp California"
The System 3 should allow you to see what game you are launching and keep a clean structure for finding games.

GO in and launch as usual.. Should boot

Last edited:

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
For people want great SCART cable, PACKAf**k cable is not needed, really.

Use just this one:
https://www.ebay.fr/itm/152942826351
I have no more audio noise on menu now and the image is clear.

But video glitch still randomly here (the image that jumps):
- video glitch appear with SSDS3 only.
- video glitch don't appear if I use hucard but using SSDS3 video output
- video glitch don't appear with classic video output
- video glitch don't appear with my "special" scart cable (back console output to scart, not shielded cable) (https://imgur.com/YZxccb8)

PSU issue ?

Last edited:
PSU issue ?

__

Raph ... i don't know ... but RGC team do a great job with those cables ... for few $ or ¢ more ... i think it's a good choice to grab a Packapunch cable ... and indeed if you don't know that product (it's not about you ... i talk in generaly ... for everybody) maybe you maybe make a mistake and grab other "special" & cheap cables ... don't worth the effort at all ! Cheers mate ! (I use a psu with changed polarity on 9 V ... he have 1600 mA maximum ... anyway ... i use same PSU on my Genesis 1 and Neo Geo Aes consoles !

Last edited:

Gamepimp

n00b
The Saint Graal is coming !!! just receive shipment notification.

Thanks neosd and Alex !!!

Would you mind sharing the date that you placed your order originally? That might help others (like me :)) determine when their units might ship.