PCE Super SD System 3 - Terraonion New Product (Dec 2017)

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Alright, I see I have made you very flustered (rofl). I don't know who DavidG is, but I assume he/she was able to get under your skin as I have. Don't get so bent out of shape love or I might have to give you a massage. Have you noticed how I haven't personal attacked you once? I have just made you uncomfortable, which was more then enough to start a tire fire. I thought this forum was known for drama, don't tell me I was wrong. I am just having fun with you doll.

I aint flustered.... infact, if you ever decided to review my post history... I don't get "flustered"...

HOWEVER, I do get irritated...

As for DavidG... he never got under my skin... no one ever has...

War room lock for the forseeable future...

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
This whole thread and the videos really make me consider getting one of this, however I am not at all familiar with PCE/Turbografx (I knew a kid who had one back in the day, but he only had like 5 games for it, hucards only, and he claimed the system was crap, so I never saw it turned on) and the system has no special place for me (I'm only familiar with rondo of blood because emulation) and I do not know which system to get (can be googled, no big deal there) and I already have too much gaming crap...decisions, decisions...anyway, best of luck to terraonion with what looks like another very worthy product.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
This whole thread and the videos really make me consider getting one of this, however I am not at all familiar with PCE/Turbografx (I knew a kid who had one back in the day, but he only had like 5 games for it, hucards only, and he claimed the system was crap, so I never saw it turned on) and the system has no special place for me (I'm only familiar with rondo of blood because emulation) and I do not know which system to get (can be googled, no big deal there) and I already have too much gaming crap...decisions, decisions...anyway, best of luck to terraonion with what looks like another very worthy product.

IMO it's a great system. It has at least 20 very solid titles if you count the CD and Hu Card games. If your into the 8 and 16 bit Gen games than it's worth checking out. If your into Shtmups, you'll find many on the PCE.

You just need to look for a Original PC Engine (white one), Core Grafx (Grey and Blue), Core Grafx II (Grey and Orange).

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Like the Saturn, a lot of people don't realize how strong the Japanese library is.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Best system for durability, cost, size and all that would be the Japanese Core Grafx 1 or 2 model system. Then get this device from Terraonion, or if you're uncertain and on a budget a Turbo Everdrive to test the waters on HuCard games. The US library was small around 100 but Japan had like 3x the games or so, and some really good stuff so there's lots of things to do.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
@takeshi385...

If you're reading this... stop trying to make multiple accounts...

I'll prob let you out of the War Room eventually... but if you persist... I am gonna get sorta more irritated..

Use this time out to read the forum... and understand that I don't care if you stay or not... I DO CARE... if you don't listen...

xROTx

PS. How many warnings did I give you to STFU... enough for anyone with common sense to listen...

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
Quick question about microSD card format:
The last microSD card I bought, came formatted as exFAT. Is this compatible with the PCE SD device? Is there a specific format recommended? Thanks.

torgo100

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Man, I'm totally nerding-out about this now. I don't have a RGB-capable display, so I'll probably grab an OSSC next week, and now I'm looking into RGB for some other consoles like my Neo Geo AES & CD, Saturn etc lol. I've already opened a spot under my 50-inch Plasma for the Supergrafx too :-)

Can't wait!

torgo100

Kuroko's Training Dummy
The last microSD card I bought, came formatted as exFAT. Is this compatible with the PCE SD device? Is there a specific format recommended? Thanks.

Read the manual that was posted above, FAT32 & exFAT are supported

Last edited:

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot

I am using exFAT. Note: newer OS (Windows 7,8,10 etc) support it natively, XP needs a driver update to support exFAT.

noir

Overtop Pathfinder
There are a few grammatical and spelling errors I can help you with if you want to polish it. I'll leave it to PM's rather than say them here as it might come across as overly pedantic but, I am a grammar N*zi. :lolz:

Also, just to say I bought one of these for my SuperGrafx the week they went on sale and I cannot wait to get my hands on it. Thank you so much for developing this amazing product.

How'd you manage to put a comma in the wrong place and write a non-sensical sentence in a post about being a grammar Nazi?

neosd

Neosd Developer
Just a quick update guys.

We have shipped 3 boxes of shells by UPS from China today.

Our plan was to ship 250kgs of shells from China over a different carrier (cause UPS is really expensive) this week, unfortunally the factory is still producing the shells so we took the decision to ship 3 boxes by UPS so if factory give us the pcbs next week (we will know it about net friday) we are ready to ship.

We will ship the rest of the shells next week from China to Spain with the regular carrier BTW.

So, as soon as the UPS packet starts moving we will have a delivery date for the shells. I will let you all know which day we are going to have the shells here (it will be next week)

Thanks

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,

Our plan was to ship 250kgs of shells from China over a different carrier (cause UPS is really expensive) this week, unfortunally the factory is still producing the shells so we took the decision to ship 3 boxes by UPS so if factory give us the pcbs next week (we will know it about net friday) we are ready to ship.

We will ship the rest of the shells next week from China to Spain with the regular carrier BTW.

So, as soon as the UPS packet starts moving we will have a shipping date for the shells. I will let you all know which day we are going to have the shells here (it will be next week)

Thanks

Sounds good... thanks for the update Neosd...

xROTx

PS. On a sidenote... I released... takeshi385 from the War Room...

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate

So, as soon as the UPS packet starts moving we will have a delivery date for the shells. I will let you all know which day we are going to have the shells here (it will be next week)

Thanks

It's on like Donkey Kong!!

NeoSD keep up the good work!

neosd

Neosd Developer
Ok, i think this is a good moment to resume how the production is :

Shells, one part shipped form China by UPS, we got tracking number (it will arrive next week), the rest will be shipped next week by regular courrier.

Cardboxes and manuals : They are being finished to manufacture. I say they are being finished but i think they are already finished and only packing and shipping is remaining. Those are done in Spain so shipping to our office is just 1 day.

Boards : Soldering factory has all parts since before christmas. They return to work january 2th
We are waiting a factory slot to get the boards soldered, they said they will try to solder next week.
Knowing them, we will not know when they are going to solder the boards until the boards are actually soldered. Since some time they just process your order when they have a production slot based on other larger series of 1000s they do.

As soon as we have more news about any of the stages we will let you know, we are going to put pictures as soon as shells arrive here with the complete product assembled, same for cardboxes and so.

Testing the shells on TurboGrafx16 ...

Saludos

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Ok, i think this is a good moment to resume how the production is :

Shells, one part shipped form China by UPS, we got tracking number (it will arrive next week), the rest will be shipped next week by regular courrier.

Cardboxes and manuals : They are being finished to manufacture. I say they are being finished but i think they are already finished and only packing and shipping is remaining. Those are done in Spain so shipping to our office is just 1 day.

Boards : Soldering factory has all parts since before christmas. They return to work january 2th
We are waiting a factory slot to get the boards soldered, they said they will try to solder next week.
Knowing them, we will not know when they are going to solder the boards until the boards are actually soldered. Since some time they just process your order when they have a production slot based on other larger series of 1000s they do.

As soon as we have more news about any of the stages we will let you know, we are going to put pictures as soon as shells arrive here with the complete product assembled, same for cardboxes and so.

Testing the shells on TurboGrafx16 ...

Saludos
Great update =D Sounds like they should be ready early Jan then =D

neosd

Neosd Developer
Great update =D Sounds like they should be ready early Jan then =D

Yes, i can´t promise shipping next week cause as today i am lacking of the rest of the info but as today its possible.

What i can promise is : if next friday or before we have all the parts, we are going to start shipping next day or same day. Our plan is to do the same we did with NEOSD : work everyday, weekends included to ship as many orders as faster as possible.

You guys will get detailed daily info here as usual

Last edited:

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Yes, i can´t promise shipping next week cause as today i am lacking of the rest of the info but as today its possible.

What i can promise is : if next friday or before we have all the parts, we are going to start shipping next day or same day. Our plan is to do the same we did with NEOSD : work everyday, weekends included to ship as many orders as faster as possible.

You guys will get detailed daily info here as usual

Even if its mid to late Jan that's better than the situation we had with the MVS shells =D It's worth the wait - just having so much fun testing this atm.