PCE Super SD System 3 - Terraonion New Product (Dec 2017)

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
You know what mate. I have very limited time to read every post. I have a life. Don't be a ass! I only asked a question. Grrr This is what annoys the shit of of me in retro gaming forums. Most of you are annoying twats My first and last post here.

WELL... here's the thingy...

It's a forum... where we talk about stuff... and the occassional gaming topic...

You seem to feel you can make no effort to join a community because "You can't be arsed and have a real life"...

Let me enlighten you here... we all have real fuckin' lives on this forum... but what makes it a community is people here are making the effort to join in...

If it "annoys" you... maybe your sense of entitlement and sandy vag would be best served on another gaming forum where no one cares if you bother posting...

I'd suggest AtariAge...

TwinFami

n00b
Speaking for me, I actually saw it in a Facebook group and ordered it before I ever saw this thread. It was actually NeoSD's customer support that linked me to this thread. So, while I'm bummed a bit that I have to wait another few weeks, seeing the constant updates and communication are relaxing my anticipation for this unit and I hope the team keeps it up.

neosd

Neosd Developer
Hello,

We have not many time aswel, this month is being totally crazy in so many ways.

BUT

We update the first page with anything relevant posted here OR any info related to production and shipment.

So please, you dont need to read the whole thread to get the relevant info, just the seccond post on the first page.

We will keep updating this one BTW

Thanks

Yohanov

n00b
Hi neoSD, i'd like to know what's your politics regarding repairs.

After the warranty period, if the system 3 fails (under normal use) do you offer a repair service as long as we ship it back (like krikkz who even does it for free)? 

Also I saw that the warranty on all your products is 1 year, but for EU customers, isn't it the law to have a 2 years minimum?

Last edited:

neosd

Neosd Developer

After the warranty period, if the system 3 fails (under normal use) do you offer a repair service as long as we ship it back (like krikkz who even does it for free)? 

Also I saw that the warranty on all your products is 1 year, but for EU customers, isn't it the law to have a 2 years minimum?

As far as i know, after one year everyone is happy with neosd. The few people that came with an issue got his cart replaced.

With the law in the hand, i would preffer not to sell to a guy that comes with the "law in the hand" at first time.

I hope you understand my point on that subject.

We preffer to no sell ratter than have problems.

Everyone with an issue will have one year waranty, after this year we will do whatever we consider, it just depends on one thing : how the user comes asking for, not even the type of claim.

If your device gets broken after 2 years and if you come with nice words we will help you. If you come with "the law in the hand" better go elsewhere. We will just stick to "the law in the hand"

I hate to be so clear (and rude), but better to be clear to "with the law in the hand" customers

Never forget that : our MAIN GOAL is to have everyone happy, it dosent matters how many money it costs us.
Our seccond goal is to make money to keep doing the first goal : make new devices to have everyone happy that would give us more money to make more devices.

If people are not happy, we will not sell more and all this will end.

Thanks

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
This is the same guy who will contact NeoSd about repairing his device 10 years after he has used it and demand it be repaired.

legolas119

Rugal's Thug
6 button pad is only used on a few games and most of them only use 4 of the buttons from what I can tell. Here is a list I found but could be missing something:
advanced variable geo
art of fighting
asuka 120% maxima burning fest
fatalfury 2
fatal fury special
flash hiders
flash hiders taikenban
kabuki klash
world heroes ii
ys 4 - dawn of ys

thanks, do you know if every 6 button pad is compatible with PC Engine Coregrafx? for example this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEC-PC-Eng...893305&hash=item4b305f880e:g:xQIAAOSw7o5Z3y1E or this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/PC-Engine-...366150?hash=item25e76b6946:g:L9wAAOSwHNxaLIG9 ?

thanks!

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
What if my case gets a hole drilled in it by customs...asking for a friend.

neosd

Neosd Developer
thanks, do you know if every 6 button pad is compatible with PC Engine Coregrafx? for example this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEC-PC-Eng...893305&hash=item4b305f880e:g:xQIAAOSw7o5Z3y1E or this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/PC-Engine-...366150?hash=item25e76b6946:g:L9wAAOSwHNxaLIG9 ?

thanks!

I got this pad and it works, but i don´t really like to play with it at all. The feeling is just strange

i don´t have any other 6 buttons pad to give you feedback about ...

Last edited:

neosd

Neosd Developer
What if my case gets a hole drilled in it by customs...asking for a friend.

If you send us a picture with the drilled shell and a driller on the same place, we may think you are trying to cheat on us and you may get ignored

BUT don´t worry, someone here will come telling that we are wrong and UPS usally drills shells.
We will send you a replacement shell without any charge.
You will receive it but you will never say thanks or anything else. We will never hear about you again.

This is what a friend told me

Last edited:

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
If you send us a picture with the drilled shell and a driller on the same place, we may think you are trying to cheat on us and you may get ignored

BUT don´t worry, someone here will come telling that we are wrong and UPS usally drills shells.
We will send you a replacement shell without any charge.
You will receive it but you will never say thanks or anything else. We will never hear about you again.

This is what a friend told me

LOL! =D

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member

thanks!

Every PCE pad will work with the Coregrafx. Turbografx pads will not because the plug is different unless you get an adapter or change the cable.

I don't have a RX pad so I can't compare, but the Ave 6 pad is decent for Street Fighter and kinda useless for anything else. Because of the button layout traditional 2 button games don't really feel right. I would only get an Ave 6 specifically if you are going to use it for SF2 (which is an excellent port.)

On the other hand, the Ave 3 is pretty great and useful in tons of games that use either select or run as an action button.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Just get the Hori Fighting Commander 6 button pc engine controller.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,

Lovely... What next?

... Either Darksoft is pulling the tard's out of his ass trying to derail this.. or we have a genuine outbreak of fuckwits atm..

AFTER the Grand kiddy leaves... and I'm sitting with a bottle of single malt whisky... I am gonna review a few posts and members...

TwinFami

n00b
Every PCE pad will work with the Coregrafx. Turbografx pads will not because the plug is different unless you get an adapter or change the cable.

I don't have a RX pad so I can't compare, but the Ave 6 pad is decent for Street Fighter and kinda useless for anything else. Because of the button layout traditional 2 button games don't really feel right. I would only get an Ave 6 specifically if you are going to use it for SF2 (which is an excellent port.)

On the other hand, the Ave 3 is pretty great and useful in tons of games that use either select or run as an action button.

The RX pad to me isn't that comfortable to hold. It was so bad, I actually bought a CoreGrafx controller just so I can play my games normally.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
The RX pad to me isn't that comfortable to hold. It was so bad, I actually bought a CoreGrafx controller just so I can play my games normally.

The RX pad is a expensive turd. The Dpad is complete crap and almost makes games unplayable. It looks very pretty though, damn shame.

The Regular PCE and CoreGrafx pads are excellent. Never ran into many 6 button games that I really cared for on the PCE.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
The RX pad is a expensive turd. The Dpad is complete crap and almost makes games unplayable. It looks very pretty though, damn shame.

The Regular PCE and CoreGrafx pads are excellent. Never ran into many 6 button games that I really cared for on the PCE.

This. The RX pad is garbage.

Hori Fighting Commander is where it's at. That or the Hori PCE stick.

powerflower

Banned
Congratulations to the NeoSD team! Awesome killer product and the fact it's in FPGA is even just more awesome.

Would love to attach this Goody to my LT but sadly my wallet says no :( Hope sales will be throughout 2018? I need this badly.

Edit: Would it be possible to implement real time save states in the near future? Also autofire at 1/60sec would be a fun thing too.

I wonder what the law says you putting teh Romz on it ? ;) But seriously, be happy this thing exists. They even give a 1 Year warranty. A luxury I didn't have with all my jap 16/32 Bit consoles and guess what, they still going strong.

Last edited:

TwinFami

n00b

This. The RX pad is garbage.

Hori Fighting Commander is where it's at. That or the Hori PCE stick.

Oh yeah. That D-Pad is horrible. It's way too wide and it is stiff as all hell. I'd rather play a fighter with the SWITCH D-Pad with it's stupid buttons for directions than this RX crap....

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
With the law in the hand, i would preffer not to sell to a guy that comes with the "law in the hand" at first time.
Rightfully so. I told quite a few potential eBay buyers to fuck off for the exact same reason.

Here's a little anecdote that may make you smile ... or throw up:
We once got a call from a customer who went on to complain about the granny panties that she had bought almost 2 years ago. She said she wanted to return them and that she expected a full refund. Best thing about that story was that she actually asked whether or not she was required to wash them before sending them back.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
RelievedPiercingKestrel.gif

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Yohanov... War Room Locked...

...Surplus to requirements for the forseeable future...

Legolas... move your crappy 6 button talk to General Tech...

Last warning...

xROTx

neosd

Neosd Developer
Rightfully so. I told quite a few potential eBay buyers to fuck off for the exact same reason.

Here's a little anecdote that may make you smile ... or throw up:
We once got a call from a customer who went on to complain about the granny panties that she had bought almost 2 years ago. She said she wanted to return them and that she expected a full refund. Best thing about that story was that she actually asked whether or not she was required to wash them before sending them back.

You would not imagine the things i saw here. Remember we are Spanish, the place where "lazarillo de Tormes" was written, just google about that ...

I am of the opinion that one has to use comon sense.

If i buy something like a neosd and for some reason it stops working after 2 years and i haven´t used a driller on it nor i haven´t passed a solder iron over it, it just stopped working, i would be upset and i would not blame the seller.
I would just send an email asking for help. I think any seller would put his mind on his customers place and would help him.
This is comon sense.

If the same seller sends an email asking for a refund or something like that after 2 years, it makes harder to empathize and try to give him a solution.

We are not going to eat potatos among a week to send a replacement unit to an user that gets his neosd screwed after 2 years.
While sending a replacement unit, we are giving a valuable solution to a legit customer.

And this is not about reputation, this is about one putting himself on others position.
When you are an small company you care about others, when you are a corporation there are only numbers there.

Last edited: