PC Engine / Turbo Grafx Modders

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
Since the days of D Lite are long gone who is the person to go to for PC Engine / Turbo Grafx mods?

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Me but I'm not currently taking on work

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Get ahold of Keith Courage at pcenginefx. He sold me my briefcase unit and I couldn't be happier. When I got it it was modded for s-video but I sent it back a couple years later for RGB. Solid dude and solid work.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
I'm not looking to get the work done now, but how much should I expect to pay to have my Turbo CD unit fixed? I'm fairly positive that the middle gear will need replacing and the rail will need regreasing, but I have no idea about the condition of the laser itself.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I will want a Duo or two recapped and modded later this year. Kiel, are you retrorepairsnsales on ebay?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I'm not looking to get the work done now, but how much should I expect to pay to have my Turbo CD unit fixed? I'm fairly positive that the middle gear will need replacing and the rail will need regreasing, but I have no idea about the condition of the laser itself.

It all depends on what needs to be done, but I think Keith Courage on PCEFX charges $60 for a CD repair/refurb which is cheap IMO all things considered. I don't think that includes a laser replacement though, but it covers gears/caps etc. He used to post the repair service on ebay, I dunno if he still does.

IMO it's worth it since replacing the gear and lube is easy enough, but adjusting those little pots without using a oscilloscope is a guessing game.

*edit*
I think this is him:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Turbo-Graf...734020?hash=item3629df4cc4:g:iGIAAOSwp-RaW8ij

Last edited:

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I will want a Duo or two recapped and modded later this year. Kiel, are you retrorepairsnsales on ebay?

I am not, I usually take commissions through instagram.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I am not, I usually take commissions through instagram.

I saw they were in Osseo, MN and wondered if it's anyone from here.

My brother's childhood Duo and a Duo RX he picked up at some point need to be recapped. I could probably do the RGB mod myself, but I definitely want the recapping to be done neatly.

I have a ton of arcade PCB's to recap, so I probably need to figure out how to do them myself in the future.