Owlboy

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Anyone play through this? Kinda-sorta Metroidvania style game. It's got really great graphics and style and it's quite fun to play. Has a half-way decent premise/story as well, with a few good secrets to locate and reasons to try and find as many coins as you can to upgrade your little group.

The nice thing about this game is the flying mechanic. Your character can fly at any time from the get go. The game was pretty enjoyable most of the way through.

Only problem is toward the end of the game in the last level, the flying mechanic is thrown out the window. The level isn't really that difficult to traverse without flying but the fact that the game's entire *thing* is 'you can fly,' and then it's removed sorta takes you out of the game's universe for a bit. It wasn't so bad as it was just one level, but it was the last level, lol.

Still worth a play through, if kinda short. It's typically $25 on steam but on sale right now for 10% off.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
This game must have "flown" under the radar for me, as i haven't heard of it. Just looked up some videos, and read some of the history. It really is a beautifully done game. The gameplay seems really fun as well.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Yeah it was a fun game. Just that last level where you lose the ability to fly kinda irritated me. But I get why they did it, it's sort of a plot element.

nug

B. Jenet's Firstmate
This has been on my radar for awhile. Been waiting to pull the trigger until I've heard more reviews. How long did it take you to beat it?

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I got it Friday, completed on Sunday. There are a few bits and bobs (all coins, etc) that I haven't gotten but I got most of it.

Some Mist

NEST Puppet
was a little too easy and too short, but definitely enjoyable. the cannon was probably my favorite part.

the release came out of nowhere after waiting for years - kind of outrageous that it took nearly 10 years to make. I kind of expect octopus city blues to take a similar amount of time but we'll see...